Skip to main content

Are we seriously getting no live updates at all this year?

I was asked to take down the phone number.

And I'm not completely evil so I have.

R.I.P Big Brother as we knew it - How does BIG BROTHER or Channel 9 have Audacity to ask the Australian public to pay their hard earned dollars on edited CRAP?? We are now subdue to watch what THEY want us too and be told what THEY want us to know and pay for that with OUR own money!!

I think its completely unfair and has to fall in the terms of why we can't/don't vote for shows like MKR, Masterchef, Beauty and the Geek, ANTM. At least they are not being filmed 24/7 so they have less footage to edit and they are scripted drama.

We got a taste of favouritism last year that put me off but at least we had the feeds...... tweets....something..... anything of what was gong on! If thats the case BB can choose his own evictees because there is NO realness anymore, It's as fake and scripted as any daytime drama now. They have no right ripping off people! Its like having kids watch a Disney movie and getting all at the end to vote for the person they didn't like the most!! Gee with what they are shown I wonder who they would choose .......

What we saw of the 48 hours of them being in the house was atrocious and felt like it was 5 mins! They shoved things in so fast people didn't even know if Gemma said she had a ex B/F or G/F !!! Ahhhhhhhhh annnnndddddd I'm done o_O

Can some one email him and ask who DOES look after BB digital. He won't respond to my emails. Wonder why.

I emailed him earlier and got this response:

Thanks for taking the trouble to email.
I only look after the TV show not the digital side of BB.
All the best
Alex

I then replied and asked if he knew who I should email instead and he hasn't replied either. Totally bummed.

I sent an email to Alex and got a reply saying:
Thanks for taking the trouble to email. I only look after the TV show not the digital side of BB.
All the best
Alex
Ah. I assumed it was a generic email and this has just confirmed that. I didn't see this post before I replied. Sorry about that.

Edit: Sorry for the double post :(

Why don't Channel Nine just tell us who to vote for??? It would be a lot quicker and easier than having to edit the programs to 'make' us vote for who they want.
At least when we had live streaming we could make our own minds up....and the same with live tweets/blogs (however to a lesser extent)

I like making my own mind up, not being told what to think.

So when is the funeral?

200.gif

Why don't Channel Nine just tell us who to vote for??? It would be a lot quicker and easier than having to edit the programs to 'make' us vote for who they want.
At least when we had live streaming we could make our own minds up....and the same with live tweets/blogs (however to a lesser extent)

I like making my own mind up, not being told what to think.
They should just stop with the fake live shows and put housemates in, film it and each week draw a name out of a hat which is the housemate evicted that week. Only they get to shuffle through the hat first to make sure they pick the right names.

No live updates gives me this idea in my head that the housemates are all sitting around watching TV and reading, and only playing up for the cameras when they're told to to create the illusion that they're on Big Brother.

I was asked to take down the phone number.

And I'm not completely evil so I have.
You're a much nicer person than I am. If I had a forum and a decision like this was going to negatively affect it I would've told him to shove it up his ass. If he didn't want his number out there he should've hid his signature. Too bloody bad for him.

IF we aren't getting live updates - then I have to wonder at the thought process behind this.
Do they really think 'ratings' will increase because of it? If so, then they definitely don't have their fingers on the pulse of what makes fans of Big Brother tick.
People like Big Brother not because it's a tv show to watch - it's the whole package. The 24/7 concept of people being on camera, fueling our voyeuristic desires to know what they're doing at any point in the day. That has always been the drawcard of BB.
Without that, I seriously think that the short-sited view of 'tv ratings' and likes on feral facebook as the be all and end all of BB is extremely short-sighted and, quite frankly, ignorant.

Live updates --> Lively debates and discussions of events and housemates --> Becoming invested in those housemates --> Look forward with eagerness to each show on tv --> More and more social media activity --> higher ratings --> more money spent saving those housemates --> great success for Channel 9 --> continued series of BB.

No live updates --> No discussion of details during the day --> Waning interest in those housemates --> Not enough interraction seen in time frame allowed on tv --> losing of interest --> ratings decline --> Lower interest in spending money to save housemates we haven't connected with --> Loss of Revenue --> Bye Bye BB.
I like your flow charts or food chains or whatever you call them. Alex seems like the flow chart type. You should email this to him.

With out live updates, it does make it so you could just tape a few days episodes and burn through them. We're all people here who like to discuss it, but for a lot of people where there aren't things coming up on social media to remind you of the show, to peak your interests to be like, 'oh wow I have to watch to see what that is' then you'd probably have less desire to watch live on the night.

i feel like this is sadly the end again for our deal show..
the show has lost what made it amazing,
Live feed/updates was such a key part to the show

Back