Skip to main content

Are we seriously getting no live updates at all this year?

A packaged, really, really cheap soap? Is what this is.
9 do envy 7 & 10 H&A/Neighbours, international soaps.

The only reason 2013 was any good, Tim/Tahan could not be tamed, they kept the thing honest. 2012 was full of sucks mostly who did what they were told.
9's BB depends entirely on some HMs being brave & bold & not towing to 9'.
Remains to be seen if we get some brave souls.

My two favourites, especially Tahan- she was the wildflower amongst the weeds. I hope the women this season have her backbone.

I agree, the hm's need to make the difference with the new structure of bb. I have a feeling Alex isn't actually a huge fan of Tim in all honesty. His answer about Tim in the ask Alex thread made it seem like Tim was a wannabe or whatever and Tim has openly stated that he would question bb quite a bit.

First post and it is so negative. The producers are completely missing the point. I mean the whole concept of Big Brother (George Orwell ) was that inhabitants were watched all the time.
My cynical side suspects that they are working on a way to make us pay. Unless we care, we won't engage. The official site is a pathetic joke. Can't believe that a huge fan group that has kept this site going off season may well turn off.
The two daily shows have been appalling.

I was holding out to the last hope that today they would post updates, even if they are just from yesterday's show. Just something to keep the interest up until the daily shows. Not only have they missed the point but I was willing to accept less just to see a resurrection of LF's in any shape or form. It's the reason why so many overseas posters were so active on these boards and watching bb aus. They have royally effed up!

This is the answer I just got from Mike Goldman on twitter:

1. 7:20 PM - 9 Sep 2014 · Details
    " data-mentions="mikeygold BBAU9" data-component-context="in_reply_to" data-you-follow="false" data-you-block="false">
    srdjan savic ‏@Sav001 32m
    @mikeygold @BBAU9 Hey Mike, do you know if we are going to get any live updates this year? What's the point of filming 24/7 if not?

Expand

2. 7:51 PM - 9 Sep 2014 · Details
    " data-mentions="Sav001 BBAU9 AlmedaMich" data-you-follow="false" data-you-block="false">

Mike Goldman ‏@mikeygold 1m
    @Sav001 @BBAU9 @AlmedaMich not sure guys :)

7:51 PM - 9 Sep 2014 · Details

Haha he deleted his answer, after I asked him if he could ask Alex about the live updates.

They can't be too worried at all they have the "Radar" To track the popularity now. I mean out of 22 Million people in Australia 22 People are talking about Priya today and all 22 of them have made her number 1 (most talked about) As I said before this is sad sad sad!!

I also looked at the Radar. Mmmmmm nothing I like more than a good graph. So much more interesting than the interactions between people or live video feed.

i started watching but with Sonia and the ads getting more airtime than the housemates i lost interest in about 20 minutes and switched off.
no worries i thought, once the initial bullshit dies down they will focus on the HM's more and in the mean time i can hang out here and chat about the updates with you peeps.......only now i find out there are no updates

sorry BB. you've lost me already.

Nope, not bitchy at all. Calling it as it is. The show works by asking the audience to pay for their favourite hm's based on their personality. What's the point when you are only watching for a little bit each night? It's not like those renovation shows where you are basing it on a final product and the audience decides which one. I'm glad you posted that and I hope other newspapers follow suit and Alex is forced to do something about it.

I tagged AlexMavrodarkous in it just incase he wasn't aware there are disgruntled people out there.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I feel like they should rename Big Brother, if they are not going to live up to it's actual meaning.

"In the late 1990s when a bunch of Dutch TV producers conceived the first series of a show which would go on to be franchised in as many as 70 countries, they came up with the name “Big Brother” as a reference to the round-the-clock, round-the-world surveillance of Orwell’s fictional world. The TV character of Big Brother represented the all-seeing eye behind the cameras, and there was a slightly dark, unnerving overtone to that."

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...eem-to-know-that/story-fn8yvfst-1227052779059

I think I'm giving up on bb pretty much. I can't be bothered voting at all or getting interested when all we'll ever find out is what the TV shows us with around 20 or so mins a night. Ill keep watching bb on TV just to see how much more stupid it can get, but it won't be priority viewing as it once was so I may miss out on it from time to time while I do other things or watch other shows.

Hope this is the last series for 9 if this is the way they're going to treat it.

Back