Skip to main content

Are we seriously getting no live updates at all this year?

Some one on Twitter just sent me a response he got from publicity coordinator at Nine. Her response was "I'm confused, we are running Twitter updates".

*eye roll so hard my eyeballs popped out of their sockets*
Damon_eyeroll.gif

BB should just let the housemates roam the Gold Coast having a nice holiday and then once a day call them back to the house for 60mins worth of filming. Then edit it down and manipulate it so we don't really know WTF is going on. No updates, bad use of daily show footage and really shitty editing. I think I'm officially angry?

BB should just let the housemates roam the Gold Coast having a nice holiday and then once a day call them back to the house for 60mins worth of filming. Then edit it down and manipulate it so we don't really know WTF is going on.

Whose to say that isn't what is already happening? We have no access to info/audio/video apart from what they show on the edited TV packages.

More than ever the show just feels like a random collection of clips rather than an account of 24 hours in the house. It's a mess and they don't even hide it any more.

I have mentioned this a couple of times, I think we are starting to get to the territory that it is start to affect how people view the show.

Clearly there is a lot of back story to the recent stuff with David. Stuff that never made the edit for what ever reason. There was a comment in the narration that David says a lot of comments which don't go down well with the group. We haven't been seeing this. So there's a whole element to the dynamic in the house that seems to come from no where.

So probably his whole spat with Lisa, there's probably a whole other layer of no one likes David, other comment he has said in the house the lead up to Lisa getting so annoyed and upset. Even during their 'confrontation' a lot of the way she was referring to him as not someone she would associate with. Clearly now in this content it related back to this larger context of him not fitting in.

Look at how some people responded to her online. We can't fully understand these moments with out the context. It is also a failure of the editing and writing team that they are focusing on such issues only when they come to a head and not giving us a properly back story.

With Sandra in this last episode was the first time they really actually revealed this story line of David not fitting in, no one really liking him, him saying comments which put people off side. They still only briefly mention this. What they needed to do was actually have edited together a short compilation from over the days of back story. This kind of thing wasn't necessary when we had a lot of live content. Now it is crucial. It goes from a few days ago David says in the spa he doesn't fit in that well. Jump a head a couple shows and he's been annoying people for a whole and no one likes him for most of the time.

Reading posts here and facebook, a lot of viewers are apparently incapable of seeing beyond anything in the edits. They view Sandra as getting upset for no reason. They see David as getting an edit just to try and make him look bad.

It really is an example of how the limited edits and information can totally transform how someone is perceived. There's too many storylines that can come to a head. With out any access to back story and set up, it's really hard for people to understand and form valid opinions on housemates or what has happened.

More than ever the show just feels like a random collection of clips rather than an account of 24 hours in the house. It's a mess and they don't even hide it any more.

The way they jumped back & forth in time last night was confusing. And they must have locked the dogs up somewhere during Monday Night Live. Hopefully there won't be a need for these time jumps from Monday onwards...

LaughingKookaburraSm.jpg

I'm missing the updates on this guy too :(
This made me very happy. Thanks for posting it.
Maybe we should start posting bird photos in the show threads?
I wonder if we have many birds here in New York that you don't have in Australia.
I am a big fan of the kookaburra that you get to see in Australia.

LaughingKookaburraSm.jpg

I'm missing the updates on this guy too :(
I wonder if we have many birds here in New York that you don't have in Australia.

This is a bird we have in the spring and summer. It's an indigo bunting. When you see it, you think you are seeing a gem perched on a tree.

Indigo-Bunting-Milan-Ljumovic-600x428.jpg

This is a bird we have in the spring and summer. It's an indigo bunting. When you see it, you think you are seeing a gem perched on a tree.

View attachment 41677
Ohh that's are really pretty bird!

I wish there was an Emu in the house....

images

So they actually give you an update/preview video of Gemma in tears on their facebook page and youre all still whinging?? ;)

Get home, click over to Big Brother.com and nothing since earlier today when I looked. I don't know why I expected something, but I just did.

In the social media thing that pops up during BB, it had facebook, twitter and instagram. What are we meant to instagram or is there a BB one?

Just voicing my opinion of voting in relation to this thread and the lack of live updates... (also trying to keep myself busy in other threads so I can avoid the Ben and Estelle soon to be shit fight)

If you aren't happy that you aren't getting live updates, don't vote!
There's not a single chance BB is getting a dime of my money this year unless something changes.
I don't know them well enough to vote one way or another. I only know a highly edited version of the HMs. If we have live updates I'd be able to make a decision for myself who I do/don't like.

Plus, as much as most of them are lovely and likeable, I haven't seen any of them do a single thing yet which has made me think they truly deserve to be there. Its all a bit boring IMO at the moment.

Just food for thought.

Back