Skip to main content

Are we seriously getting no live updates at all this year?

Poona

Ok for whatever reason with the increased coverage available 9 still doesn't seem to want to put 2 hour streaming (Uplate) back on TV but I was pretty sure that we'd still have those live updates on the bb site throughout the day/night with video placed on them in between, as well as the updates on www.twitter.com/bbaulive yet there is nothing there yet.

I'm pretty sure they still had the updates going from day 1 last year (apart from the silent times when Nathan walked and Justynn left) and the one before but there's nothing for this year so far. Having no Uplate is bad enough but having absolutely no updates and bits of video at all throughout the day is utterly disgraceful.

Very few people seem to have noticed yet. Either that, or somehow people just don't give a s**t anymore and will take whatever NONE dishes out.

Alex & Co really have done a great job of pulling the wool over the sheeps' eyes.

I'm hoping that the live feed updates will make an appearance in the next few days...... maybe after all the HMs are in?

BUT so help me god if we are not getting them this year I will be pissed the fuck off.......

What are our options people? Mass tweet Alex? A petition? Call channel Nine constantly and complain? Who's life can we turn into a living hell to get a LF?

I'm hoping that the live feed updates will make an appearance in the next few days...... maybe after all the HMs are in?

BUT so help me god if we are not getting them this year I will be pissed the fuck off.......

What are our options people? Mass tweet Alex? A petition? Call channel Nine constantly and complain? Who's life can we turn into a living hell to get a LF?
Girl I was just going off in the rant thread. I had to edit my post a few times as I was worried I'd get banned if I said what I really wanted to. So help me, if Alex doesn't even give us meager 90 second vids this year...hell, we finally were ok with that and to take them away?!

Seriously what kind of shit for brains would someone have to have to make that decision? Those bloody vids kept people engaged from 8am until 11pm if not longer. They think some stupid ass polls are going to make up for that? Surely they can't be that stupid.

Girl I was just going off in the rant thread. I had to edit my post a few times as I was worried I'd get banned if I said what I really wanted to. So help me, if Alex doesn't even give us meager 90 second vids this year...hell, we finally were ok with that and to take them away?!

Seriously what kind of shit for brains would someone have to have to make that decision? Those bloody vids kept people engaged from 8am until 11pm if not longer. They think some stupid ass polls are going to make up for that? Surely they can't be that stupid.

We can VENT our feelings on this, by submitting to their FEEDBACK.
See | http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/bigbrother/2014/inside-big-brother/ | Click on Feedback at the base of the page, a pop up will appear.

tumblr_mi0qgrddMq1s109vzo6_500.gif

Surely we’ll get them!? They have to be such a money-earner for Nine on the OS (what with the 15 seconds of ads for every 10 seconds of BB), so they have to bring them back. Right?

Unless they've found another revenue stream...
...but I’m still holding out hope.

*dons rose-coloured glasses and waits*

But wouldn't the advertisers pay for a spot, and Nine gets revenue per view? (not 100% sure how it works)

But wouldn't the advertisers pay for a spot, and Nine gets revenue per view? (not 100% sure how it works)
Could be they haven't secured any low tier advertisers yet. Sometimes the big corps wait to see how the ratings are before signing on.

Could be they haven't secured any low tier advertisers yet. Sometimes the big corps wait to see how the ratings are before signing on.

Ahh - gotcha. Yes that makes sense. There were quite a few repeats of the same products last year, from memory.

You know, now that you mention it, they've been kinda... silent on the whole "live content" thing this year. Like, I feel like they haven't attempted to boast about having this amazing Twitter feed and these super exclusive fifteen second clips of completely out of context conversations/situations the same way that they may have done the previous two years.

Have we all just assumed we would be getting the same (if not, fingers crossed, better) "live content" as the previous years? I hope not...

I was assuming they will wait until we actually see some of them in the house first, but if not.. grrrr..

You know, now that you mention it, they've been kinda... silent on the whole "live content" thing this year. Like, I feel like they haven't attempted to boast about having this amazing Twitter feed and these super exclusive fifteen second clips of completely out of context conversations/situations the same way that they may have done the previous two years.

Have we all just assumed we would be getting the same (if not, fingers crossed, better) "live content" as the previous years? I hope not...
The last time the Live Feed account Tweeted they said they'd get back to us in 2014. They already missed my birthday and didn't give off the impression they'd have tips for the Melbourne Cup winner so unless they're planning to send out Christmas greetings to everyone, I think it's safe to assume that the majority of us trusted that msg to mean those dinky vids would be back.

This is a joke. Seriously. Didn't Alex say in some interview that they found the right balance last year?

I know many people want a true live feed 24/7 -- but I wouldn't have the time. I only just had the time to stay on top of the text / photo and occasional video updates last year. However I REALLY appreciated those updates.
I'm so hoping they start after tonight. Otherwise I am seriously disappointed.

Back