Skip to main content

Are we seriously getting no live updates at all this year?

It's kind of funny that we all used to complain about how crappy the OS live feeds were.

Guess you don't know what you've got till it's gone...

(Luckily there's archives of the OS "Update" feed from the Channel Ten days - which I've realised I didn't look at through rose-coloured glasses seeing as there's mature content covered on NIGHT ONE OF THE BB06 UPDATES - that being Dino talking about being a refugee)

with so many useless channels under their belt, surely they could spare one just for BB, doing it truman style, that we can tune into any time of the day. watching them sleeping, eating, shitting, and everything else. i would pay a subscription for that.

I was just about to edit my post and say that...even if we had to put up with ads running across the bottom of the screen, it'd be better than nothing.

I remember when I first heard about digital TV, I was excited, and was thinking that one of the good things could be a 24hr BB channel when it was on....but alas...no. After all, we all need another steam mop, exercise machine or whatever other 'high quality products' they are flogging on the 'advertising' channels...

What an absolute joke. Thought for sure when I came on today the first new post I'd see would be in the resurrected LF forum and then we'd all be laughing about how over dramatic we were for nothing. @Goon can you not ask Alex for a response to this?! On the plus side it looks like I'll be saving money this season. No live feed vids = no voting coins from me. I'm not even clicking on the OS.

Thing is, if and when Alex even replies he'll probably just claim some poor excuse again like "not many people read the feeds anyway" or that "only the diehard fans like us want to know about the house 24/7". Fuck off.

Optimistic Theorist is not so optimistic anymore.

Literally one of the best casts we've had and we know nothing about them yet - and it's already day 3!

Thing is, if and when Alex even replies he'll probably just claim some poor excuse again like "not many people read the feeds anyway" or that "only the diehard fans like us want to know about the house 24/7". Fuck off.

Optimistic Theorist is not so optimistic anymore.

Literally one of the best casts we've had and we know nothing about them yet - and it's already day 3!

I am totally with you, I like the show this year but without live updates it's hard to get excited. I don't know how they can call this show Big Brother, the whole point is to know what's happening in the house at all times, otherwise why bother making the show in the first place?

sadly new viewers are groomed to not to think for themselves anymore, they prefer manipulated thoughts being fed to them by producers then they can go on all the rage on facebook, twitter. seriously what the hell do they know?

I am totally with you, I like the show this year but without live updates it's hard to get excited. I don't know how they can call this show Big Brother, the whole point is to know what's happening in the house at all times, otherwise why bother making the show in the first place?
It's not even just the lack of live feeds though. The last two episodes have shown virtually no sufficient content from the house. On top of all that, it is edited extremely badly and out of order. It's infuriating! :(

What an absolute joke. Thought for sure when I came on today the first new post I'd see would be in the resurrected LF forum and then we'd all be laughing about how over dramatic we were for nothing. @Goon can you not ask Alex for a response to this?! On the plus side it looks like I'll be saving money this season. No live feed vids = no voting coins from me. I'm not even clicking on the OS.

Ditto, I am even considering watching the shows via youtube to really just stick it to the man. We have so much potential with this season. Yet why aren't they using it to their advantage?

Maybe @Tim and @marquisite need to invest in a front page article, highlighting bits from this thread (as well as incorporating everything Tim has already stated in all his posts here too) - attempt to make this shit go mainstream!

Let it be known how they are changing the concept of Big Brother.

I also wonder why they haven't deactivated the BBAULIVE twitter profile, if they weren't going to be providing any kind of live updates this year and I find it really childish to just ignore anyone who asks about the live updates. It's like they have no respect for their audience. All they give a shit about are ratings and Facebook/Twitter likes and retweets. I can't believe that it's 2014 and with all this technology out there, we are getting less live content and information than ever before. Disgraceful!!!

It's not even just the lack of live feeds though. The last two episodes have shown virtually no sufficient content from the house. On top of all that, it is edited extremely badly and out of order. It's infuriating! :(
Yes. Some of the HMs seem really appealing, but I've found the first two episodes pretty excruciating tbh. Sloppy and confusing and bland. Without more footage of the smaller moments and something to talk about here besides the crumbs we get in the daily show, I can't see it sustaining my interest at all. Not that Alex cares what I think, heh, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't care what anyone thinks who actually does think.

This is the answer I just got from Mike Goldman on twitter:

1. 7:20 PM - 9 Sep 2014 · Details
    " data-mentions="mikeygold BBAU9" data-component-context="in_reply_to" data-you-follow="false" data-you-block="false">
    srdjan savic ‏@Sav001 32m
    @mikeygold @BBAU9 Hey Mike, do you know if we are going to get any live updates this year? What's the point of filming 24/7 if not?

Expand

2. 7:51 PM - 9 Sep 2014 · Details
    " data-mentions="Sav001 BBAU9 AlmedaMich" data-you-follow="false" data-you-block="false">

Mike Goldman ‏@mikeygold 1m
    @Sav001 @BBAU9 @AlmedaMich not sure guys :)

7:51 PM - 9 Sep 2014 · Details

What a sad sad waste of time! Seriously though why EVEN BOTHER keeping 16 people in a house 24/7 to show around 45mins a day of what they do in 24hours!

It has put me off so much! For all we know they are all sitting around for a gourmet Breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Seriously if they want to make a drama I'm sure it's much less time and money to make a "Neighbors" or "Home and Away"!

The crew must be so bored, that's if anyone is even "Watching" them!

Ditto, I am even considering watching the shows via youtube to really just stick it to the man. We have so much potential with this season. Yet why aren't they using it to their advantage?
The potential is actually why I feel really duped now. Last year I was overseas for the first week and a bit but other than Tim I didn't really care about the other HMs at that point so I only bothered to watch maybe every 4th LF vid. This year however there are heaps of HMs that seem interesting right off the bat and yet I've seen maybe 3 minutes of them over two nights on what's supposed to be BB so that's where the LF vids would've filled in what we're missing. What's the point of doing this psych show this year and and bringing the family and friends on weekly to give insight into people we know next to nothing about?! Even last year many of the DS' were just filler... the real getting to know the HMs came from the LF vids and even with that we saw how many of the interesting convos never made it to the DS because they were full of so much bullshit instead. How do they expect us to care about these people enough to vote?! Alex can shove those million viewers right up his cakehole.

Maybe @Tim and @marquisite need to invest in a front page article, highlighting bits from this thread (as well as incorporating everything Tim has already stated in all his posts here too) - attempt to make this shit go mainstream!

On this I actually agree with you. I will still enjoy the show. But this is really disappointing.

A packaged, really, really cheap soap? Is what this is.
9 do envy 7 & 10 H&A/Neighbours, international soaps.

The only reason 2013 was any good, Tim/Tahan could not be tamed, they kept the thing honest. 2012 was full of sucks mostly who did what they were told.
9's BB depends entirely on some HMs being brave & bold & not towing to 9'.
Remains to be seen if we get some brave souls.

First post and it is so negative. The producers are completely missing the point. I mean the whole concept of Big Brother (George Orwell ) was that inhabitants were watched all the time.
My cynical side suspects that they are working on a way to make us pay. Unless we care, we won't engage. The official site is a pathetic joke. Can't believe that a huge fan group that has kept this site going off season may well turn off.
The two daily shows have been appalling.

Back