Skip to main content

Are we seriously getting no live updates at all this year?

Why doesn't Alex have a talk show that is all about himself?

Why even pretend to like BB? We all know its a guise so he can shower himself with self love and talk about himself 24/7.

I'm seriously reconsidering contributing to the ratings. If he doesn't get ratings then he is gone. It's a long shot but I'm willing to try.

I'm seriously devastated.
I've woken up this morning and checked first thing, and nothing.
This is a joke and makes me ANGRY! Just when we thought they might have actually figured out what we want, they F it all up!

I used to treat the LF as important as my personal Facebook. I used to constantly check and then head to the forum (I used to be on a different forum, sorry!) and chat about it.

If there was something interesting in the LF it made me even more so make sure that I didn't miss the daily show.

Sorry guys but if the LF doesn't start (which I don't think it will) I'm bowing out. I don't feel I can have a proper interaction and get to know the HMs without it so why bother.

Oh but we get BB 6 days a week now.. PFFFT!

No live updates.
No live feed.
NOT going to vote.
tumblr_mjipc9ieS11rfpp1do1_400.gif

I'm seriously devastated.
I've woken up this morning and checked first thing, and nothing.
This is a joke and makes me ANGRY! Just when we thought they might have actually figured out what we want, they F it all up!

I used to treat the LF as important as my personal Facebook. I used to constantly check and then head to the forum (I used to be on a different forum, sorry!) and chat about it.

If there was something interesting in the LF it made me even more so make sure that I didn't miss the daily show.

Sorry guys but if the LF doesn't start (which I don't think it will) I'm bowing out. I don't feel I can have a proper interaction and get to know the HMs without it so why bother.

Oh but we get BB 6 days a week now.. PFFFT!

What makes me even more angry is that they won't even acknowledge people asking about the live updates on Twitter.

Couldn't even find an intern to do this as free work experience? Stuff them in the control room, give them coffee and snacks, and tell them to write 2-3 tweets per hour. Easy.

EDIT: The irony of the whole situation is that they mentioned the power couple being able to read tweets from the outside. They will probably have a better "live feed" than we do.

Ok so I've just sent another tweet since they seem to be replying to everyone and everything else.. doubt it though.

But I just had a thought..
If they weren't doing LF surely they would have deactivated the BBAULIVE twitter account by now or at least deleted the last tweet which says they will be back in 2014. Or am I just wishful thinking? :(

IF we aren't getting live updates - then I have to wonder at the thought process behind this.
Do they really think 'ratings' will increase because of it? If so, then they definitely don't have their fingers on the pulse of what makes fans of Big Brother tick.
People like Big Brother not because it's a tv show to watch - it's the whole package. The 24/7 concept of people being on camera, fueling our voyeuristic desires to know what they're doing at any point in the day. That has always been the drawcard of BB.
Without that, I seriously think that the short-sited view of 'tv ratings' and likes on feral facebook as the be all and end all of BB is extremely short-sighted and, quite frankly, ignorant.

Live updates --> Lively debates and discussions of events and housemates --> Becoming invested in those housemates --> Look forward with eagerness to each show on tv --> More and more social media activity --> higher ratings --> more money spent saving those housemates --> great success for Channel 9 --> continued series of BB.

No live updates --> No discussion of details during the day --> Waning interest in those housemates --> Not enough interraction seen in time frame allowed on tv --> losing of interest --> ratings decline --> Lower interest in spending money to save housemates we haven't connected with --> Loss of Revenue --> Bye Bye BB.

No live updates --> No discussion of details during the day ...

Spot on. It's already common knowledge that Big Brother bleeds audience numbers over the course of its season and cancelling the feeds is going to accelerate that effect.

Just like making the house too mundane will tire viewers, trying to make every episode a soap opera style cliffhanger will also tire them out. There's a reason why trashy soft-scripted reality TV shows are weekly and not nightly.

Such a shame it appears we won't be getting live updates this season.

Though it will never be as good as a live feed and/or detailed blogs about what's going on the live tweeting and 1-2 minute videos were better than nothing at all.

Alex and Big Brother people please start up the live updates again. Part of the fun of Big Brother is to follow the housemates 24/7. Please give us something.

I'm used to them disappointing us but this year is it. They got my hopes up a LOT this season and crushed them. The house has 5o FUCKING CAMERAS! 16 Housemates go in, meet each other, talk and have their very first conversations and you give us 90 SECONDS, Take away the one thing that makes BB what it is, and then not even have enough respect for your audience to tell them why or even mention it?
NO.
JUST FUCKING NO.
you cunts.
yll.gif

Not only have we (seemingly) lost the live feed, the ‘Radar’ section on the OS is now showing a tally for ‘Star of the Show’. It looks to be based on the total number of twitter / facebook mentions per episode. Last night’s ‘Star’ was Skye.

I don’t flippin’ care whose name gets tweeted most often!

Seriously.

I know it’s early days, and am prepared to hang in there – but geez they’re making it tough.

Without Live Updates, we will have no clue whats actually happened in the house and they now can manipulate the footage and make their/Alex's favorites get the most screen time and favorable edits. Im guessing the most deserving hm this year wont win!

If this was last year... Ed would have bloody won, so just think of the outcome this year... I can't; just feckin can't!

Also we are not going to get a true representation of whats actually happened/ happening in the house. We will not see the true version of each HM. Where just going to get a little shitty soap opera version. This could of been a great series too and alex and co are killing it.... ALEX GET LIVE UPDATES HAPPENING NOW!!!!!

at least it saves us money in voting. are they trying to make a BB version of melb housewives? ch9 is so addicted to bitchy show now, look what they did to the blocks,

When they had BB on Ten, I actually went out and bought a 3 phone (a few hundred at the time) specifically to get access to the live stream!
Other countries do a live stream, and charge for it...
Australia is so far behind the times, it's not funny.

I thought I was just dense when I couldn't find the live feed link, good to know I'm not totally thick!

Back