Skip to main content

Are we seriously getting no live updates at all this year?

That is insane. Isn't this the 21st century? To say "I only look after the TV show, not the digital side, derp derp" shows a total lack of understanding how integral full integration between TV and new media is. The "digital side" is the show just as much as the TV broadcast is. Are they that clueless that they don't realise that, or is it just an insulting fob off disrespecting their audience? Why is it that other shows have totally embraced internet integration and BBAU is blundering around in the dark ages? By obsessively focusing on unaired (and staunchly family friendly) content for the daily show in an attempt to boost ratings/TV advertising, they're not only failing to grow their audience, but losing the existing one. There's a lot more revenue to be made than myopically focusing on TV advertising. Lame.

I just don't buy that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand it doing. They'd be getting constant reports regarding audience response - TV ratings as well as online. They'd also make budgeting decisions, storyline decisions, etc. based on those reports. It is just total bullshit that the TV side doesn't have a clue what the online since is doing, since they clearly impact each other. By not engaging the online audience they are missing out on valuable feedback, they're throwing away so many promotional opportunities and indicators of how to drive the narrative to increase ratings.

They're cutting off their nose to spite their face. When ep2 wasn't on Jump In last night, I went and watched it elsewhere - with no ads - where they have no way of tracking me as a viewer. Rather than not watching the show, people should just go watch it ad-free and not spend a cent on voting. Perhaps then the message will get through.

Didn't @Goon say that this years BB had the biggest budget yet? I wonder where all the money went..... OMG John was right there are way too many graphics, that's it that is where all the money went.

Fuck the stupid stair case with the DR up there, I would rather have a plain house with not much in it and have live updates.

Hes making BB go rapidly downhill and that's sad for the purists. Firstly that fucking fish surly (if any animal or creature comes back with Alex doing the voice im going to loose my mind) and now No Live Updates, for fuck sake you are the EP of the show you overlook absolutely everything, if you don't your not doing your job properly. Either grow a pair or go back to your motherland!!

Hes making BB go rapidly downhill and that's sad for the purists. Firstly that fucking fish surly (if any animal or creature comes back with Alex doing the voice im going to loose my mind) and now No Live Updates, for fuck sake you are the EP of the show you overlook absolutely everything, if you don't your not doing your job properly. Either grow a pair or go back to your motherland!!
He can't think of ideas himself - this has been proven time and time again now. He will either take ideas given to him by members on these forums (not always a bad thing though) or he'll just "borrow" ideas from overseas versions of the show.

He probably sits there watching BBUK every year, taking notes and trying to make BBAU more and more of a carbon copy of its UK counterpart, because that's exactly what it's becoming. Only cheaper.

If the show is miraculously renewed next year, don't be surprised if the HM's entirely have British accents. ;)

He can't think of ideas himself - this has been proven time and time again now. He will either take ideas given to him by members on these forums (not always a bad thing though) or he'll just "borrow" ideas from overseas versions of the show.

He probably sits there watching BBUK every year, taking notes and trying to make BBAU more and more of a carbon copy of its UK counterpart, because that's exactly what it's becoming. Only cheaper.

If the show is miraculously renewed next year, don't be surprised if the HM's entirely have British accents. ;)

BBUK is crazy good though ...

BBUK is crazy good though ...
Not the latest season though. It was universally criticised as being the worst UK season ever. And I watched it firsthand so I can vouch for that.

Funnily enough, it was BB: Power Trip... the exact same concept Alex has taken for BBAU this year. End of story.

Again, I'm not completely opposed to re-using overseas ideas, but when you can't think of your own original ideas yourself then there is a big problem somewhere.

Reactions: MJL

I think this says it best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3FXKHZMMso&feature=player_detailpage#t=3367

:D

Not the latest season though. It was universally criticised as being the worst UK season ever. And I watched it firsthand so I can vouch for that.

Funnily enough, it was BB: Power Trip... the exact same concept Alex has taken for BBAU this year. End of story.

Again, I'm not completely opposed to re-using overseas ideas, but when you can't think of your own original ideas yourself then there is a big problem somewhere.

It's usually been really good. But I admit I didn't watch the latest BBUK and I'm not even watching Celebrity BBUK this year. And I agree with you on the re-using of overseas ideas point.

Exactly and then he tries to use these "ideas" as "world firsts" ... We are not dumb Alex!!

tumblr_.gif

Seriously, they are already editing characters, I mean HM's, so we vote for them - for example, the lame laugh track with Jason, which clearly wasn't the actual audience, and the "awwww" for poor little Skye. As others have said, it may as well be Home and Away. There is no reality.

Back