Skip to main content

Priya Appreciation Society

First off, do not patronize me!

Secondly, those quotes were taken from a couple websites to show that yes some consider Atheism to be a kind of religion. They were not my words.

Thirdly, You have taken far too seriously what was intended as a not real response to the pic posted re: not sharing religious views in public in a thread that has become the start of the fake religion of Pristianity.

And lastly, no worries about responding to me as I will now not be posting on the board again for the duration of Big Brother. Thanks for turning what had been a fun experience interacting with people into something hurtful.

I'm sensing that now is not the right time to ask if my toes can sex you?

@iJake It's funny you said that about how the HMs aren't following the predetermined narratives. My husband watched the final 30 minutes or so of BB tonight so he saw who got evicted and who Ryan chose to send to the Sanctuary. Then on comes an ad talking about how Lina's dropping a bomb or whatever tomorrow night because she's flirting with Travis. He turns to me and says..."wait how does that work? They're still not going to be in the same place since the footy guy will be in the other place for however many days and she's going in the house. Why are they advertising that?" And I was like, shhh babe... these are questions we no longer ask this year haha

And I'm the same re the evictions. Last year at this time I would've been GUTTED if Tim, Tahan and Jade left. Then a week or two later it was just Tim and Tahan. Then it was Tim, Drew and Tahan. By the end it was Tim, Tahan, Drew and to a lesser extent Jade. The whole time I wanted Tim to win but I was able to fully engage with the ups and downs of the relationships and ever-changing dynamics in the house. This year I'm like you...it's like we're expected to play Where's Wally (I'm not meaning Jake) when it turns out Wally's sipping margaritas in Miami and isn't even in the book.

We shouldn't be having to try to do a puzzle when not only are half the edge pieces missing but 50% of the dodgy middle ones too. You're right... it SHOULD be so simple. I get that they have to try to up the ante each year because we live in a country where not only is overall tv viewership dropping off and BB is an old ass show, but we download more overseas content here than anywhere else. Fair enough... pull every stunt you can think of. But you can still do that and maintain the basics at the same time, even the Ch 9 standard of basics that we'd finally become adjusted to last year. It's not an either/or proposition but this year it seems they've lost the plot and the HMs who would be considered the "misfits" in Tim's vernacular last year are being completely ignored for this stupid teenage shit. When even we can't figure out what day or time it is in the BB house by looking at footage, something is seriously wrong.

You said it all :thumbsup:

Each year I have talked to my friends about BB, this year twice only, we don't care. I never look forward to the show, it's on it's on, if it is not, it doesn't matter.

I just want Priya to win and then forget about this idiotic pretense of BB.

BB should be on a 3 pm, the right time for the show now.

OMG I figured out how to vote from NY! I did a test and it worked! Praise Prisus!
If anyone outside of Australia wants to vote for Priya, PM me and I will try to help.
@MrPRiSuS @Bright @MADONNA
YAY! Sorry for the massive delay in BB Aus Time, I had exams and such to do. But I'm glad you've found a way to vote now! I had pushed 50 votes for Priya on your behalf because I wanted to make sure that I didn't let my fellow American down!

1. Atheism will be defined in the contemporary western sense: not just the lack of belief in a god, but the assertion about the non-existence of any gods, spirits, or divine or supernatural beings.Atheists in this sense are metaphysical naturalists, and as will be shown, they DO follow areligion.
    -------
    At first, the claim that atheism is a religion might sound ridiculous.
    It certainly can be a surprising claim.
    And it’s one that many people, including western atheists, might initially dismiss out of hand.
    But there’s more to the story here.
    There is a case to be made that, in a very real sense, atheism is a religion.
    --------

Well, as a metaphysical naturalist I really do take offence. (Soz, couldn't help that. That really is a warping of the term, and shows an appalling lack of understanding of metaphysics, for starters.)

That may be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I'm an atheist. Atheism is against organised religion of any kind - we don't have faith in any particular god or god-like entity so you can take us out of being "kind of like a religion" as well.
Perhaps they meant that atheism is an act of faith, to say that there are no beings that created stuff or gods or whatever, when from our position we can't know. (I don't need or want a debate or whatever, but maybe that's whatthey meant.) I don't believe in aliens with a hand for a head and an eye in the centre of the palm, though.

I shouldn't bother posting this, should I? This is one of those internet topics like feminism it never does well to wade into.

Oh well, may your Prisus guide your foots to the doorstep of wisdom, and let then inspiration shine from within. Bispriya.

YAY! Sorry for the massive delay in BB Aus Time, I had exams and such to do. But I'm glad you've found a way to vote now! I had pushed 50 votes for Priya on your behalf because I wanted to make sure that I didn't let my fellow American down!
No worries @Bright. Thanks for voting, Priya knows Priya needs it!
Let's save our goddess again! We need to put a strong message that Priya is more popular than most of those fuckwits when put up against all of them. 10% of the votes is unacceptable!!!

I know the 10% was a huge shock to you all.

BUT, Priya was getting a pretty shitty edit the past few days that it was on.

I commented about it in a daily thread last week.

It was a huge shock! How are people not supporting this omnipotent being!!!
If all the "children" who are voting for Skye and Travis are our future then I say...
Bring on the apocalypse! :sneaky::sneaky:

@MrPRiSuS I was surprised that Marina and Priya were so close in the house. Do you think they would have already known each other being both from adelaide and probably auditioned together?
Did she mention much about the audition process?

Well I had a word with Alex about channel 9 doing BB next year.

Response was "we really don't know, but I do think so"
15r19y1.jpg

I hope you told him to start doing his job properly :)

Perhaps they meant that atheism is an act of faith, to say that there are no beings that created stuff or gods or whatever, when from our position we can't know. (I don't need or want a debate or whatever, but maybe that's whatthey meant.) I don't believe in aliens with a hand for a head and an eye in the centre of the palm, though.

I shouldn't bother posting this, should I? This is one of those internet topics like feminism it never does well to wade into.

Oh well, may your Prisus guide your foots to the doorstep of wisdom, and let then inspiration shine from within. Bispriya.

Atheist comes from the Koine Greek Atheos, meaning those rejecting ALL or ANY "god" model presented to them. It's not a faith assertion but rather a logical conclusion considering what we've been given to work with.

Back