Skip to main content

Priya Appreciation Society

Everything you have said is so spot on @Mrs Butterface . And it's sad. Big brother as I once knew it is over.

Judging by the saves skye and Travis got this is why we don't see this stuff.

$$$$$$$
The shitty part is I can't even blame Skye or Travis although part of me wants to. They're doing their thing, however put on or ridiculous it is, but it's not them who are choosing what we see and made the decision to ditch the LFs this year. Tim Dormer full on admitted that he knew certain things would get people airtime and yet I was fully engrossed with the dynamics of each of the HMs once the first couple of them left last year. And yet this year... I've still watched the show every night, am on here daily, visit Jump In, Facebook and Twitter and yet I have no bloody clue what's going on with half of the relationships (non showmance ones) happening in the house. Which I guess makes sense why I'm so often surprised by noms this season. I don't mind Skye and Travis getting the most saves tonight... but there are heaps of us out there voting who didn't vote for either of them and won't in the future so you'd think it'd be in the best interest of Ch 9's pocket to attempt to flesh out more of what's going on with the other HMs. Priya's only cried when two HMs were evicted: Jason and Marina. Jason is understandable but how/when did her and Marina become so close?! No bloody clue. When was that conversation with Skye/Priya/Marina re Aisha and Travis?! Has Skye now changed her behaviour towards Aisha and become cold to the person who was once her best buddy? What happened after the Travis and Leo thing? Did they avoid each other and it'll now be awkward in the Sanctuary or did it get sorted out later? Even show me that ffs if they insist on showing Skye and Travis. Such a joke.

Last edited:
I get the feeling Priya will be finishing in third place this year. Just like Estelle and Tahan.
She's the most nominated housemate, has almost been close to eviction, has a popular following on here.
Third place is waiting for her.

+1,000,000 to everything you've said, @Mrs Butterface

It's gotten to the point where I just assume people are friendly with one another until they've explicitly stated otherwise. So, if someone's talking to someone, I'll just automatically fill in the blanks myself, which you know, shouldn't be a thing I have to do with a show that is actually fairly simple to structure, if you really think about it. They only seem to show any actual interactions and disagreements if there's nothing manufactured happening, or if it fits one of their predetermined narratives. Speaking of which, it's funny because I'm getting the impression that the housemates actually aren't doing things that fit certain predetermined narratives, and so we're left with a very boring show because they seem to be scared to show anything that they haven't "decided on."

At the end of the day, I still feel like I don't know these people very well, and by now I should be actually feeling something when someone's evicted (and on the topic of evictions: yes, we've had them, but they've not made a dent in the total number of housemates, so they're essentially pointless non-events, which I touched on slightly here) instead of literally nothing. I don't care about anyone, except for Priya, but even then that has a lot to do with being here and being a devout Pristian.

I just don't know. It's honestly not that hard to do Big Brother. It's one of the most basic, most simple formats. I've planned out entire seasons before (I was a very exciting teenager lmao) that would work absolutely perfectly, and it's so frustrating that people are getting paid to do something I can do so much better, ha!

Cheers for everyone who voted and supported.... But the stats of this game have changed. We must act quickly to change its course.

Today's result was slap on our face, on our faith Pristianity. As a true Pristian we have failed to protect our savior. We have failed to convert sinners into Pristanity. This was our total defeat. If this was a double eviction?...You got my gist.

Prisus got saved by the bell.... Not what I expect for someone we praise in the name of Prisus.

Let us unite together in order to up rise and take a vow "we will not be defeated again" Let tonight be the night of her resurrection. Let's us not take this defeat in the negative light but let us rise and shine. BB saved Prisus by not doing double eviction this week. Let this be our lesson to overcome this defeat.

It's our wake up call. It is time to start thinking outside the box.

Let us glorify her existence, let us glorify thy name.

24ysfp5.jpg

Last edited:
@iJake It's funny you said that about how the HMs aren't following the predetermined narratives. My husband watched the final 30 minutes or so of BB tonight so he saw who got evicted and who Ryan chose to send to the Sanctuary. Then on comes an ad talking about how Lina's dropping a bomb or whatever tomorrow night because she's flirting with Travis. He turns to me and says..."wait how does that work? They're still not going to be in the same place since the footy guy will be in the other place for however many days and she's going in the house. Why are they advertising that?" And I was like, shhh babe... these are questions we no longer ask this year haha

And I'm the same re the evictions. Last year at this time I would've been GUTTED if Tim, Tahan and Jade left. Then a week or two later it was just Tim and Tahan. Then it was Tim, Drew and Tahan. By the end it was Tim, Tahan, Drew and to a lesser extent Jade. The whole time I wanted Tim to win but I was able to fully engage with the ups and downs of the relationships and ever-changing dynamics in the house. This year I'm like you...it's like we're expected to play Where's Wally (I'm not meaning Jake) when it turns out Wally's sipping margaritas in Miami and isn't even in the book.

We shouldn't be having to try to do a puzzle when not only are half the edge pieces missing but 50% of the dodgy middle ones too. You're right... it SHOULD be so simple. I get that they have to try to up the ante each year because we live in a country where not only is overall tv viewership dropping off and BB is an old ass show, but we download more overseas content here than anywhere else. Fair enough... pull every stunt you can think of. But you can still do that and maintain the basics at the same time, even the Ch 9 standard of basics that we'd finally become adjusted to last year. It's not an either/or proposition but this year it seems they've lost the plot and the HMs who would be considered the "misfits" in Tim's vernacular last year are being completely ignored for this stupid teenage shit. When even we can't figure out what day or time it is in the BB house by looking at footage, something is seriously wrong.

Last edited:
@MrPRiSuS thanks for the heads up that everyone was up next week and it'd be a double. At least it helped to take the sting off when it was announced on the show xo

Was there anything else you managed to catch from tonight while you were there? I voted like a demon this week so I'm not really sure what more I could do next week to up it. People keep saying they didn't vote because they knew Marina would be going home but it still worries me. I hope this kicks everyone in the ass to vote. Even if it's just one 55 cent vote, it helps!

@MrPRiSuS thanks for the heads up that everyone was up next week and it'd be a double. At least it helped to take the sting off when it was announced on the show xo

Was there anything else you managed to catch from tonight while you were there? I voted like a demon this week so I'm not really sure what more I could do next week to up it. People keep saying they didn't vote because they knew Marina would be going home but it still worries me. I hope this kicks everyone in the ass to vote. Even if it's just one 55 cent vote, it helps!

Well I had a word with Alex about channel 9 doing BB next year.

Response was "we really don't know, but I do think so"
15r19y1.jpg

Well I had a word with Alex about channel 9 doing BB next year.

Response was "we really don't know, but I do think so"
15r19y1.jpg
Thanks sweetpea! So it seems like it's the same as last year at this point.

Did you get the chance to chat to any of the other families/friends? I'm still pissed that Cat's sister got to spend that time on stage basically doing a plea to save her next week. I sent a complaint in to Ch 9 again but thought it best I didn't call this time. They're seriously going to get an AVO on me soon lol

Have the BB/Ch 9 team been treating you well when you go up?

This is going to be a great week for Priya. The best thing that could've happened to her was going in the Sanctuary. In the house with 4 new HMs all the focus would be on them and what they attempt to do. Now she's free to do her own thing and she took the news like the champion she is and fully understood why Ryan sent her there with no hard feelings. LOVE HER.

Sweetie, I'll say it again and this is the last time I'll reply to you.

ATHEISM, does NOT believe in ORGANISED RELIGION. We are firmly against it.
We are a GROUP of people who happen to share the same DISBELIEF.
This does not group us into a religion, quite the opposite.

First off, do not patronize me!

Secondly, those quotes were taken from a couple websites to show that yes some consider Atheism to be a kind of religion. They were not my words.

Thirdly, You have taken far too seriously what was intended as a not real response to the pic posted re: not sharing religious views in public in a thread that has become the start of the fake religion of Pristianity.

And lastly, no worries about responding to me as I will now not be posting on the board again for the duration of Big Brother. Thanks for turning what had been a fun experience interacting with people into something hurtful.

I get the feeling Priya will be finishing in third place this year. Just like Estelle and Tahan.
She's the most nominated housemate, has almost been close to eviction, has a popular following on here.
Third place is waiting for her.
Only thing is that Priya's not in a showmance like Estelle and Tahan

Back