Skip to main content

Vote to Evict or Vote to Save?

John B

A lot of people often complain about wanting to change the voting method to Vote to Evict. However, I personally prefer the vote to save - you never know who's going to get evicted, makes great TV.
What about you guys?

I prefer vote to save only because if it was vote to evict, Ryan would have been gone last week.

Vote to save I would say is in most cases the best.

But it screwed over katie, when so many thought they had to sympathy vote cat instead. If it weren't for that cat would have gone at that eviction as she was just a sharon.

Vote to save I would say is in most cases the best.

But it screwed over katie, when so many thought they had to sympathy vote cat instead. If it weren't for that cat would have gone at that eviction as she was just a sharon.
Katie would probably have gone in a vote to evict anyway.

I prefer Vote to Evict because firstly I'm a purist, secondly it makes BB unique amongst the plethora of reality shows and most importantly losing a few bigger more argumentative characters along the way means the dynamic of the house changes more after each eviction and allows quieter characters to come forward.

Vote to Save generally means quieter characters go which on the surface might be a good thing but it means their evictions have little impact on the house, so the dynamics of the house barely change and you end up with the same people dominating the show week in week out - and essentially the producers faves getting a path to the final. It's also easier to manipulate through editing by basically making people invisible.

I prefer Vote to Evict because firstly I'm a purist, secondly it makes BB unique amongst the plethora of reality shows and most importantly losing a few bigger more argumentative characters along the way means the dynamic of the house changes more after each eviction and allows quieter characters to come forward.

Yep, all of this. It's a tough job being a purist sometimes, isn't it?

Big Brother has definitely lost that unique, "winding down" sort of feel that the earlier seasons had, which the sacking of the Vote to Evict contributes to, I think. There's no "exhale" anymore, if you know what I mean. It's just bang bang bang all the way through and the show barely has time to wind down halfway through the finale! But now I'm getting painfully close to one of the other huge problems I have, being the fact that there's too many fucking housemates left in the final week(s), and I can't be bothered going down that road right now. :rolleyes:

(P.S. I was quite okay having both the Vote to Evict and the Vote to Save, although I was always a little unsure of how that actually worked...)

Yes, it's exactly the same problem I have with BBUK - they have as many people left in the house with a couple of weeks to go as they had start the thing in the early series. For me the show gets more interesting with less people when the remaining few are forced to really live with each other as they can't split off into their various groups. Now with both BBAU and BBUK that just isn't allowed to happen and as you say the show doesn't wind down naturally. It's basically the launch, the middle, the final.

I used to think vote to save. But more and more I'm wishing it was vote to evict again.

I think vote to save would mean more income for the show. People need to vote more and spread it across the board so one person leaves. But I personally think they'd get more voters by using vote to evict.

I've only voted once per week for a save. I refuse to vote any more as I don't care that much about the end result this year. I haven't seen enough of each person to vote to save. If it was vote to evict however, I'd happily vote several times for one person, and I think they'd have more voters all round.

If the show keeps going and keeps showing minimal footage of what's going on, then vote to save is a miserable idea.

Yes, it's exactly the same problem I have with BBUK - they have as many people left in the house with a couple of weeks to go as they had start the thing in the early series. For me the show gets more interesting with less people when the remaining few are forced to really live with each other as they can't split off into their various groups. Now with both BBAU and BBUK that just isn't allowed to happen and as you say the show doesn't wind down naturally. It's basically the launch, the middle, the final.
Thank god, THIS. I mentioned similar last night and how I'm shitty that their putting 4 newbies in as it means the house will be fuller longer. The less people there are, the more they break!

Katie would probably have gone in a vote to evict anyway.

Yeah she would have. Would have had the most votes too in that. Just the double eviction rumbled her I guess.

I think there should be both

I really disliked having both. It was like a war. People trying to save someone, whilst others hating on them trying to kick them out.

I would say vote to evict because that's how it's done in the States and on Survivor.

They don't even have public participation though. No-one is voting apart from those on the show themselves.

Vote to evict. Channel 9 would get more money off me since I'd be voting for a lot of housemates. :sneaky:

Vote to Save. It allows us to keep the stronger personalities, while the boring, under the radar people go early.

If it was vote to evict, someone like Caleb or Jasmin would have won last year.

And I was just about to say thattttttttttt.

Vote to Save without a doubt ... Using last year as an example; would you REALLY want to see Sharon, Caleb, Jasmine and Jade in the final four?

Vote to Save without a doubt ... Using last year as an example; would you REALLY want to see Sharon, Caleb, Jasmine and Jade in the final four?

Jade was runner up! And yeah it would be good to have seen Jasmin still around. The other two can bugger off.

Back