Skip to main content

Priya Appreciation Society

She is highly intelligent, there is no doubt about that. But she is also cunning, conniving & manipulative. You say she has a "good sense of humour" yet we never see it. For somebody who is an aspiring comic in the real world, I expected a few more laughs from her. You can almost hear the gears grinding in her head when she's having a convo with a less intelligent HM (Skye & Travis mainly) and she is so judgmental when in the Diary Room.
"Cunning, conniving and manipulative" are strong words to use in regards to someone who is playing a game in order to win ~$200k. She isn't there to make friends. But since you brought up "less intelligent HMs", I actually find her conversations with Skye and Travis very sweet; Prisus becomes motherly and wise and beautiful. The reason she looks like she's thinking is because she is; she's a thoughtful person and she thinks about what she's going to say before she says it. I think this is also quite common for people whose first language isn't English because obviously it isn't as natural to them as it is for people who've spoken it their whole life. As for being judgmental in the diary room, who isn't? It's the only place they can go to vent after being around the same people 24/7; of course you're going to say things that sound judgmental sometimes.

I actually don't dislike her, it was a genuine question as a result of last nights eviction. She came really close to being evicted. O_O

Yes, the entirety of Priyanka's fan base are collectively BROKE and seeking BANKRUPTCY.

giphy.gif
[DOUBLEPOST=1414559075][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you! It's great to finally be here. I have been lurking here unregistered since last year. Had to sign up and show my love for PRISUS.

Hi, flawless username, avatar and taste xoxoxoxo

"Cunning, conniving and manipulative" are strong words to use in regards to someone who is playing a game in order to win ~$200k. She isn't there to make friends. But since you brought up "less intelligent HMs", I actually find her conversations with Skye and Travis very sweet; Prisus becomes motherly and wise and beautiful. The reason she looks like she's thinking is because she is; she's a thoughtful person and she thinks about what she's going to say before she says it. I think this is also quite common for people whose first language isn't English because obviously it isn't as natural to them as it is for people who've spoken it their whole life. As for being judgmental in the diary room, who isn't? It's the only place they can go to vent after being around the same people 24/7; of course you're going to say things that sound judgmental sometimes.

Erm, she hails from India and given the fact she's supposedly 27, she would have been speaking English and Hindi her whole life so it's not like English is NOT a first language for her.

Erm, she hails from India and given the fact she's supposedly 27, she would have been speaking English and Hindi her whole life so it's not like English is NOT a first language for her.
She may have been learning English for most of her life, but that isn't the same as actually using it as your main language and hearing it all the time, as we do in English-speaking countries.

She may have been learning English for most of her life, but that isn't the same as actually using it as your main language and hearing it all the time, as we do in English-speaking countries.

No, English IS a first language there. It's a former British Colony. Ask her husband. He can clarify if you don't believe me.[DOUBLEPOST=1414559875][/DOUBLEPOST]
Does every post on this 100+ thread have to list the reasons why Prisus slays?

One of reason would suffice. So far, NADA.

No, English IS a first language there. It's a former British Colony. Ask her husband. He can clarify if you don't believe me.
I'm no expert on languages in India, but this is from Wikipedia:
"According to the 2005 India Human Development Survey, the surveyed households reported that 72 per cent of men did not speak any English, 28 per cent spoke some English, and five per cent spoke fluent English. Among women, the corresponding percentages were 83, 17, and 3."

I'm no expert on languages in India, but this is from Wikipedia:
"According to the 2005 India Human Development Survey, the surveyed households reported that 72 per cent of men did not speak any English, 28 per cent spoke some English, and five per cent spoke fluent English. Among women, the corresponding percentages were 83, 17, and 3."

As I said, ask her husband specifically in reference to her specifically on this. He would know better than you, I and more importantly, Wiki. I am happy to stand corrected should it apply.

I was so scared that this past week of Priya would be a repeat of Mikkayla (2013). Mikkayla was the first person to be nominated with the superpower (Like Priya) and then was the first person to get beaten by an intruder (Well, Priya was beaten by Leo in the voting but she didn't go home). Did anyone else see the similarities? I really hope Priya doesn't go next week. But the 10% vote was very alarming.

No, English IS a first language there. It's a former British Colony. Ask her husband. He can clarify if you don't believe me.[DOUBLEPOST=1414559875][/DOUBLEPOST]

One of reason would suffice. So far, NADA.

Yes, because a country of 1.25billion people means that there is no differentiation between the populous. Congratulations, it was a British Colony. Imperialism YAY. Louisiana was a French colony, does everyone there speak French. Indonesia was a Dutch colony, does everyone their speak Dutch? The Congo was a Belgian colony, do 60% of them speak Flemish and 40% speak French?

The answer to these questions if you haven't worked it out is NO.

I have family teaching English in India, near the border with Nepal (quite mountainous and isolated). India is a country made-up of numerous ethnic groups, and even within ethnic groups different cultural ones. Example: the Kashmir region (sovereignty is contested) is highly mixed. In these areas, you will find that very few people speak more than a few words of English. In Colonial India, most people who spoke English were those that directly interacted with the East India Company and other colonial businesses whose families still remain the wealthy upper classes today. Indians who did not interact with the colonists did not learn English. Evidently, most Indians.

My best friend's mother is French born. She moved to America at the age of 5, and then spent eight years from the age of 19-27 living back in France. She then went to America again, and then Australia. Her English is HORRIBLE. She pauses a lot, makes many grammatical errors and yet most of her life was spent in an English speaking country OR a country (France) that places importance on speaking English to get a job.

Even if Prya got a master's in a language, it is not her first language and she will never be as good as her first language. Even if she was brought up in a house speaking some English, doesn't mean it's her mother tongue. Please go and culture yourself.

OHH and in relation to no reasons for liking Prisus. I'd refer you to my "A Challenge to Prisus Haters" Thread that not only highlighted why people like her but also that MOST, most being the key word, people who don't like her can't give a good reason. I think you're confused honey.

Yes, the entirety of Priyanka's fan base are collectively BROKE and seeking BANKRUPTCY.

giphy.gif
[DOUBLEPOST=1414559075][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hi, flawless username, avatar and taste xoxoxoxo
Well sarcasm aside she was very close to being evicted last night. That's why I asked if her followers were broke. Also I enjoy the "entirety" part of your last post lol. I am sure all 20 of you will make sure to vote this time.

Yes, because a country of 1.25billion people means that there is no differentiation between the populous. Congratulations, it was a British Colony. Imperialism YAY. Louisiana was a French colony, does everyone there speak French. Indonesia was a Dutch colony, does everyone their speak Dutch? The Congo was a Belgian colony, do 60% of them speak Flemish and 40% speak French?

The answer to these questions if you haven't worked it out is NO.

I have family teaching English in India, near the border with Nepal (quite mountainous and isolated). India is a country made-up of numerous ethnic groups, and even within ethnic groups different cultural ones. Example: the Kashmir region (sovereignty is contested) is highly mixed. In these areas, you will find that very few people speak more than a few words of English. In Colonial India, most people who spoke English were those that directly interacted with the East India Company and other colonial businesses whose families still remain the wealthy upper classes today. Indians who did not interact with the colonists did not learn English. Evidently, most Indians.

My best friend's mother is French born. She moved to America at the age of 5, and then spent eight years from the age of 19-27 living back in France. She then went to America again, and then Australia. Her English is HORRIBLE. She pauses a lot, makes many grammatical errors and yet most of her life was spent in an English speaking country OR a country (France) that places importance on speaking English to get a job.

Even if Prya got a master's in a language, it is not her first language and she will never be as good as her first language. Even if she was brought up in a house speaking some English, doesn't mean it's her mother tongue. Please go and culture yourself.

OHH and in relation to no reasons for liking Prisus. I'd refer you to my "A Challenge to Prisus Haters" Thread that not only highlighted why people like her but also that MOST, most being the key word, people who don't like her can't give a good reason. I think you're confused honey.

Priya purported lived in New Delhi, hence attending Venkys college. She also did NOT get a Masters in English. Also...

according to the Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...h-is-our-2nd-language/articleshow/5680962.cms,

More Indians speak English than any other language, with the sole exception of Hindi. What's more, English speakers in India outnumber those in all of western Europe, not counting theUnited Kingdom. And Indian English-speakers are more than twice the UK's population

BTW I DID reply to your "Challenge" thread and you have already thanked me for the input there. THAT is the only reason I know anything about her as I took your challenge seriously.

Back