Skip to main content

Episode Day 61 (Fri 27th Sep) Daily Show

Massive problem in this country is that healthy food, fresh herbs, etc are grossly expensive so if you're on a tight budget you're hooped. The US or Europe sure but in Australia good luck. That's what he's mainly struggling with adjusting to but also the reading thing in 30 mins as you know. At least he admitted the latter wasn't the HMs fault finally.

It's really no different in Europe or the US either - it's expensive to eat healthy

Because Lucy is a moron. But Mikkayla is doing it purposefully. Another reason I don't like that squatty troll.

Why would you say Mikkayla is doing it purposely? It doesn't come across that way to me - you're just projecting your Mikkayla hate. Not that it would make a bit of difference with Jade.

Too true. But when your health depends on your diet you can get realllllly obsessed by it. I do believe his is of the crunchy granola set when it comes to food but it is also a little rude of everyone totally ignoring him (his own fault to some extent) and not twigging to the whole diabetes + diet nazi go hand in hand and to be a little more sympathetic.

Quite frankly it seems to me that if BB puts someone in with special dietary needs they should accommodate it outside the normal budget in some way - it's not fair for all of them to have to consider that in a 1/2 hour on a limited budget, especially if it's at all complicated or it doesn't fit into their individual allocation. How do they handle Ben's vegetarian needs? Although that's pretty easy to deal with comparatively.

Piss off. You know Nathan's my friend so I'm not taking what you say re the guy intruders seriously until one of them is evicted. Or Justynn is thrown out. For all I know you're just trying to pull a dibber dobber Drew, take something out of context and try to get me banned again. As I said it'll never work on me again as the mods are onto it so go dig up another tree if you're game.

Wow - I didn't know you got banned - I think you are one of the more sensible & reasonable posters on here.

I disagree. The way he handled Mikkayla in the garden was perfect. He threatened to walk away if she didn't settle down. She refused to settle down, so he walked off.

Justynn learned a lesson about Mikkayla, about how hidebound she really is. He is going to have to do a lot of work on her to bring her down a peg or two.

Did you watch the Mikkayla/Justynn fight on the live feed? He got REALLY aggressive with her. He was really worked up, even mentioned her being a teacher and she should know better, etc. When she wouldn't back down he walked away. They cut/edited it on the daily show. It didn't come across half as bad as on the live feed.

The arguing started before they had found out if they had won the LOL task ,so they didnt know what budget they had until later and then had more fights over what they could spend the money on....discussions had been going on most of the morning, so we don't really know exactly how it all came about.

They should also have Matt for Ed and Tahan, if it's an Ignore the obvious task LOL

How do you know that? I get the impression things are frequently shown out of sequence.

Are we team mikkayla or justynn?

Mikkayla all the way. The fight was much worse on the live feed. Justynn got really aggro with Mikkayla, he was livid. He was behaving like a bully towards her. She was only sticking up for herself. Justynn thought he could intimidate her, but he was wrong. So the big, hairy sook stormed off. BB should NOT of cut/edited the fight. The daily show made Mikkayla look bad.

I just assumed they were buying normal eggs but had them set aside mentally for poaching??? Are they actually buying poached eggs??? I can't find them for sale via google search aka source of all truth

That's what I thought at the time - never thought anything of it until it was brought up here.

Mikkayla all the way. The fight was much worse on the live feed. Justynn got really aggro with Mikkayla, he was livid. He was behaving like a bully towards her. She was only sticking up for herself. Justynn thought he could intimidate her, but he was wrong. So the big, hairy sook stormed off. BB should NOT of (have) cut/edited the fight. The daily show made Mikkayla look bad.

There are several points here.

1. They didn't show all of the fight in the garden as they did on live feed, although what they did show in the daily show was well put together and showed more of Tim's involvement immediately before the fight.

2. You miss Justynn's starting point, which was that he as an Intruder was being ignored, and as a diabetic with special needs he was being doubly ignored. As a school teacher, Mikkayla should have known much better.

3. Justynn never raised the pitch of his voice, while Mikkayla did raise hers. Furthermore, Justynn pointed out to Mikkayla (in the live feed) that she was raising her voice and that he would walk if she did not lower her voice. She would not lower her voice, so Justynn was right to walk off.

4. He walked off. He did not "storm" off.

5. Mikkayla was yelling at him as he walked off, but he never yelled at her as he was walking off.

6. The daily show cut made Mikkayla look a little better than she did in the live feed.

7. Yes he is hairy, but of what relevance is that? Calling him hairy is just poisoning the well.

8. Justynn was not behaving like a bully. From his bio on vimeo.com, it appears that he is an anti-bullying activist, and in other live feed, Tim has remarked that Justynn said he had given talks on bullying. If anything, Justynn had identified Mikkayla as a bully, and he was using anti-bullying tactics on her, though not with much effect, as Mikkayla's insecurities run very deep.

9. In the live feed, Mikkayla said that "the system works" and Justynn pointed out that that term ("the system") was intimidating. Mikkayla never absorbed that point at all, but reacted negatively to it being pointed out. She could not accept that her language was intimidating. Then after Justynn had walked off, Mikkayla sought reassurance from the other girls that she was right about "the system" working.

Justynn's tactics are useful to analyse in detail, because they have much to teach us about how we can handle bullies in real life.

All he has to offer is the 'I will walk away acting as tho I am too superior and mature for someone of your intellect to understand' ........ If he was as superior and intelligent as he wants to make out he would be able to have people warming to him and following his lead ....he is smug and annoying so if that's the role he was supposed to play then he is doing it well ......I found it annoying watching

Tims facial expressions when Justynn said things during the shopping task were great tho. Tim knows there is no threat and it's just a case of biding his time while Justynn keeps digging his own hole. As he said in the morning 'Justynn is out of his depth'

I'm curious what might happen with Nathan, he could turn out to be interesting but not sure ...jury is out

These wannabe 'pot stirrers' annoy me. If Justin wanted to endear himself to the viewers then he should just said at the start, I have no chance of winning this, I don't want to win, I just want to cause trouble & then do exactly that.

The problem with pot stirrers including Tim is that they start something but in the back of their mind the little voice says 'you can still win BB' & they back off, thinking that if they cause a real mega drama, the viewers wont like or vote for them. When in fact they should just go for broke so to speak & without being abusive (swearing), threatening or intimidating (looking like their about to gouge your eyes out with a kitchen knife) they should argue their points all the way until their opponent gives in or walks off..

Justin almost acts like a school yard bully - he says what he wants to do behind their back or agrees to do something & most times doesn't follow through - or if he does start to argue a point, then if the other person fires back at him, he caves in, walks off doing a sulk somewhere with his coffee cup, talking to the camera's & comes off looking like a loser.

You have to pick your arguments too, that one in the kitchen the other night was a good point to start an interesting debate but he just went about it all wrong & screwed it up looking like a twit...

These intruders, pot stirrers who want to entertain the viewers then don't back down - go for it fully.. Starting an argument, then backing down & walking away makes them look weak ... my thoughts anyway :)

She did approach it pretty aggressive. It could have been offered up collaboratively and then change to being assertive if needed. Her communication approach made it a challenge from the outset.....that said we all know that whatever approach she took Justynn would be purposefully difficult.

Justynn the 'qualified' nutrition who doesn't actually have a certificate cause he never finished the course. ......so then 'not' qualified. He is such a tool and they are right to laugh at him

Haha he is a tool! Being aggressive, even if you're right, is not the way to go! I don't know why some people are championing Mikkayla for standing up to Justynn. She didn't stand up to anyone. She just yelled and dictated!

Are you kidding? Everything he said was in a condescending, I know better than you kiddies tone of voice & when they did the shopping he had complaints about everything. You could tell they all thought he was out-of-line. When they were discussing the shopping task in the lounge he just wasn't willing to accept that they didn't have the budget for some of the things, he just made out like they were all idiots. Outside both Jade & Mikkayla tried to explain to him the system they had come up with based on the limitations & he went off attacking Mikkayla - glad she didn't just stand there & take it.

Yeah he is very condescending! What I said about Mikkayla going overboard was just the short conversation outside before the ad break / lounge discussion and thereafter. She was very aggressive from the start, regardless of whether what Justynn said was right or wrong...

There are several points here.

1. They didn't show all of the fight in the garden as they did on live feed, although what they did show in the daily show was well put together and showed more of Tim's involvement immediately before the fight.

2. You miss Justynn's starting point, which was that he as an Intruder was being ignored, and as a diabetic with special needs he was being doubly ignored. As a school teacher, Mikkayla should have known much better.

3. Justynn never raised the pitch of his voice, while Mikkayla did raise hers. Furthermore, Justynn pointed out to Mikkayla (in the live feed) that she was raising her voice and that he would walk if she did not lower her voice. She would not lower her voice, so Justynn was right to walk off.

4. He walked off. He did not "storm" off.

5. Mikkayla was yelling at him as he walked off, but he never yelled at her as he was walking off.

6. The daily show cut made Mikkayla look a little better than she did in the live feed.

7. Yes he is hairy, but of what relevance is that? Calling him hairy is just poisoning the well.

8. Justynn was not behaving like a bully. From his bio on vimeo.com, it appears that he is an anti-bullying activist, and in other live feed, Tim has remarked that Justynn said he had given talks on bullying. If anything, Justynn had identified Mikkayla as a bully, and he was using anti-bullying tactics on her, though not with much effect, as Mikkayla's insecurities run very deep.

9. In the live feed, Mikkayla said that "the system works" and Justynn pointed out that that term ("the system") was intimidating. Mikkayla never absorbed that point at all, but reacted negatively to it being pointed out. She could not accept that her language was intimidating. Then after Justynn had walked off, Mikkayla sought reassurance from the other girls that she was right about "the system" working.

Justynn's tactics are useful to analyse in detail, because they have much to teach us about how we can handle bullies in real life.

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree. I think Justynn is a bully and a sook. And, yeah he is hairy.

She did approach it pretty aggressive. It could have been offered up collaboratively and then change to being assertive if needed. Her communication approach made it a challenge from the outset.....that said we all know that whatever approach she took Justynn would be purposefully difficult.

Yes, Mikkayla was on edge before the conversation with justynn even started, and yes her reaction was OTT because of it.

However, if you compare Nathan's overture to the same conversation in the bedroom (ie "hey guys, i get you have a system. show me how it works and i'll do my best to contribute, then after if I have any ideas we can talk"), it's pretty obvious justynn was way out of line first. This may not excuse Mikkayla's behaviour, but it clearly demonstrates it wasn't just her being a psycho bitch.

And here's the other thing, in law you do not have the luxury of "choosing your victim". If a mugger startles someone at an ATM to steal their money, and the person has a heart condition and dies from the fright, the mugger is a murderer - s/he cannot claim that they didn't know the victim had a heart condition, it's still their responsibility for creating the situation in the first place.

The point being, justynn was intentionally rude and abrasive (unlike the daily show, the live feed clearly shows him raising his voice and being difficult first). Neither he, nor you, have the luxury of claiming that mikkayla shouldn't have been on edge or shouldn't have reacted a certain way - he created the situation, therefore he is responsible.

Now if you want to give him complete credit for the drama, chaos, confrontation, go for it. But don't castigate mikkayla for her role in it.

Mikkayla all the way. The fight was much worse on the live feed. Justynn got really aggro with Mikkayla, he was livid. He was behaving like a bully towards her. She was only sticking up for herself. Justynn thought he could intimidate her, but he was wrong. So the big, hairy sook stormed off. BB should NOT of cut/edited the fight. The daily show made Mikkayla look bad.

For real? Where is this video you're referring to? I must've missed it earlier.

Back