Skip to main content

Episode Day 61 (Fri 27th Sep) Daily Show

I must have missed him saying that about words and letters... was that tonight?
I am not defending that cretin at all (who knows what he's lying about and what he's not), but I have dyslexia and Meares-Irlen Syndrome myself, but if I had to read out a short piece like that, there's a fair chance I'd get through it ok. There's also a chance that I wouldn't... depends on a few things including the font, the contrast between the page and the print (black text on pure white is the worst), the lighting in the room etc...

It's quite severe in my case, and affects just about every facet of life. But every now and then when I do something right, someone will pipe in with "Thought you said you had dyslexia" in the most condescending, or even aggressive, tone they can muster up.

There was a discussion between he and Jade a couple of days ago - she described her difficulties which to me sounded like Irlen's (words move/appear to detatch when black on white, she mentioned the colour aspect and hers was blue so her teachers would photocopy on to blue paper for her. I guess this was before the time of the coloured lenses, or at least, she didn't go that route). He said that his issues were letters switching around and it was never picked up so he spent years being sent down to grade 2 for reading.

It wasn't so much his ability but the completely relaxed way he jumped up to do it that made me question it (along with his gameplan to string them along etc).

Last edited:
on live feed yeah he was talking to Jade about having troubles at school.
He mentioned after the shopping was done, that he had trouble reading, and with only 30 minutes to do all the shopping, the shopping list was bit of a struggle to work out with it being so new, and with deciding on what to buy etc.
He also most likely, just wanted to stir things up for the sake of it.

There was a discussion between he and Jade a couple of days ago - she described her difficulties which to me sounded like Irlen's (words move/appear to detatch when black on white, she mentioned the colour aspect and hers was blue so her teachers would photocopy on to blue paper for her. I guess this was before the time of the coloured lenses, or at least, she didn't go that route). He said that his issues were letters switching around and it was never picked up so he spent years being sent down to grade 2 for reading.

It wasn't so much his ability but the completely relaxed way he jumped up to do it that made me question it (along with his gameplan to string them along etc).

How about that hey... It's all I ever think about at the moment as I finally got funding through a disability service to get Irlen lenses myself, and my first appointment towards that is in a few weeks.

A lot of the time when people don't go the lenses route, it's because not all schools, guidance officers etc... are going to think of advising a student to seek help from an Irlen Diagnostician. We're a little behind with regards to Irlen Syndrome, but will hopefully catch up. They have more knowledge of it in the UK school system.

Oh PLEASE no!

She's actually asking fellow housemates for advice on this, so I hope they step up this time and put her straight

No, the idiot sisters are encouraging her, as they have all along. "I love love...' 'It is never too early to say I love you..." Yes it is, kitten, it is too early if the you are not sure the other person loves you, or will say it back. As George Costanza said it's a pretty big motza ball left hanging on your face if they don't say it back. I wonder if the girls lie in bed at night giggling in evil glee at how well they are winding Jade up... No, probably not.

Are they stupid or mean? Because you wouldn't let this happen to a friend, to make that big a dill of themselves, especially on TV. Mikkayla, okay, she IS mean, and wants Jade and Ed to damage each other. But the grls, stupid or mean? Or just unsure how to tell her she is whipping herself into a frenzy like a slumber-party with red snakes and a Beiber DVD.

No, the idiot sisters are encouraging her, as they have all along. "I love love...' 'It is never too early to say I love you..." Yes it is, kitten, it is too early if the you are not sure the other person loves you, or will say it back. As George Costanza said it's a pretty big motza ball left hanging on your face if they don't say it back. I wonder if the girls lie in bed at night giggling in evil glee at how well they are winding Jade up... No, probably not.

Are they stupid or mean? Because you wouldn't let this happen to a friend, to make that big a dill of themselves, especially on TV. Mikkayla, okay, she IS mean, and wants Jade and Ed to damage each other. But the grls, stupid or mean? Or just unsure how to tell her she is whipping herself into a frenzy like a slumber-party with red snakes and a Beiber DVD.

I know! I'm not sure either why they can't be better friends about this. They could still be polite, and just say something like "perhaps you should wait until you're outside the house, and see how you feel" or "I'm not sure if that's a good idea" instead of blatantly encouraging her to make a fool of herself.

Didn't Tahan invite Ed to the ps?? No matter how you look at it, she should have the bed. I just don't like Ed, he is just wrong in so many ways.

I don't know why they couldn't just share. It's not that big a deal to share a bed

They need to handle Justynn diplomatically.

Mikkayla is a FASCIST.

She did approach it pretty aggressive. It could have been offered up collaboratively and then change to being assertive if needed. Her communication approach made it a challenge from the outset.....that said we all know that whatever approach she took Justynn would be purposefully difficult.

Justynn the 'qualified' nutrition who doesn't actually have a certificate cause he never finished the course. ......so then 'not' qualified. He is such a tool and they are right to laugh at him

Last edited:
Gee Justin is a good pot stirrer..... soon as someone fronts him after he starts on them he gets up a walks off....

We want conflict ..... he is weak, a few times he has said to others he will go in for the kill & backs down fairly quickly when they ark up back at him....

All he has to offer is the 'I will walk away acting as tho I am too superior and mature for someone of your intellect to understand' ........ If he was as superior and intelligent as he wants to make out he would be able to have people warming to him and following his lead ....he is smug and annoying so if that's the role he was supposed to play then he is doing it well ......I found it annoying watching

Tims facial expressions when Justynn said things during the shopping task were great tho. Tim knows there is no threat and it's just a case of biding his time while Justynn keeps digging his own hole. As he said in the morning 'Justynn is out of his depth'

I'm curious what might happen with Nathan, he could turn out to be interesting but not sure ...jury is out

I know you can buy like egg whites and stuff but how do you buy poached eggs?? Weird.

I just assumed they were buying normal eggs but had them set aside mentally for poaching??? Are they actually buying poached eggs??? I can't find them for sale via google search aka source of all truth

I love it when Justynn was having his tanty about no-one listening and Tim said "aww I haven't heard "no-one listens to me" since Tully" hahaha love Tim!

Yup - a great subtle yet not so subtle dig. Tim is the true pot stirrer.

Ah ok :) Justynn didn't say much so it seemed like Mikkayla went overboard...

Are you kidding? Everything he said was in a condescending, I know better than you kiddies tone of voice & when they did the shopping he had complaints about everything. You could tell they all thought he was out-of-line. When they were discussing the shopping task in the lounge he just wasn't willing to accept that they didn't have the budget for some of the things, he just made out like they were all idiots. Outside both Jade & Mikkayla tried to explain to him the system they had come up with based on the limitations & he went off attacking Mikkayla - glad she didn't just stand there & take it.

He is bitchy! I said this last week and was pummeled by Drully lovers! He has shown no other personality (other than being Tully's bitch) and shares nothing. People are going to vote to save him, and why??

Because he's pretty to look at of course.

I don't know - I get where both are coming from but still...........Intruders should be able to have some input about the shopping but not totally throw away the way the HM's have sorted how to do the shopping.

No-one said they couldn't have input - he just didn't bother to stay around long enough to listen - Nathan was told & he got it.

I wish Justynn would take over the kitchen. It would make the HMs so much healthier, and it would piss Mikkayla off so much!

I'd like to see him do that with $50/person/week - as much as people try to push that it's just as cheap to eat "healthy", it's absolutely NOT.

I am new to this forum. Didn't start watching the show until last week. Why get so agitated with a post.

IMO from what I have read by [MENTION=33606]silkworm[/MENTION] she just says things the will purposely annoy people versus providing genuine views, humour or constructive discussion. I gather most now have her on ignore.

Welcome to the forum btw :eek:

Back