Skip to main content

Episode Day 39 (16/10/2014) - Daily Show

Sounds to me like someone needs to analyse the transcript.

Paraphrasing is just glorified hearsay.

It was accurate though.

Like there is such a fake element to this game. Like everyone here’s.. and I think… most the personalities in here, like everyone’s really bubbly and up and like that. And that’s been like a huge challenge for me. And I think, that’s where I sway more towards you Sandy, cause I, I do feel, I do get down and stuff like that, and when I am in those moods..

But people who are bubbly in nature still have bad days Ryan.

Umm, what do you mean?... what

I’m just saying, like people who are positive, and cause you go, everyone is so up and bubbly. Like you struggle with that and that’s why you sway to Sandy more, but

Yeah.

Like everyone’s who’s positive has negative days

But I didn’t say you didn’t. I don’t understand what you’re trying to say though.

Ok, oh my god, you’re doing it…

What?

I don’t know.

I just don’t understand what you don’t like about me like.

I’m not, wanting to, ??it’s a like??? I’m attacking you every time I say something to you.

Well, ok… alright we’ll talk about it later, like on our own but. I just don’t. What you just said then, what, what did that have to do with anything. Everyone’s different, like.. you know what I mean, everyone’s like got a different way with dealing with things. But like Skye I think the reason you and I don’t get along is because I think you think I’m pers… having a personal attack on you every time I say something to you. Like what you just said then about that, I don’t know what goes through your mind to think like that. I wasn’t, I didn’t once say that people but bubbly don’t have bad days. So where did you get that from?

Nah I just.. I don’t know.. oh my god, I just can’t even talk to you..

But this is

But this is like what I don’t understand. You say things and then..

But you just said every time, you just said the reason why we don’t get along.. I wasn’t aware that we don’t get along. But I don’t feel like you’re attacking me. I think every time I talk, you think I am attacking you.

Nah I just feel that every time we talk I’m having to explain myself and justify my answer.

Ok.. well then don’t talk to me.

Ok, that’s fine. If that’s what you want. See I just feel like that again and that’s like a really immature response…. Like that, that ok, don’t talk to me. I don’t get that.

Ryan has a conversation that Skye is fake and playing the game.

So this is paraphrasing as I didn't take a transcript.

In the house he says something like people are fake and bubbly and so he gravitates towards Sandy because she gets down.

Skye says, 'but people who are up and bubbly also get down.'

Ryan has a go at her because he apparently never suggested this and she's just an idiot confused. Even thought he just said he gravitates towards Sandy because she gets down as opposed to the bubbly people. So Skye was not off track and whether or not it's what Ryan meant, she was not out of line for saying it.

I was really disappointed at everyone one for just letting that go on. I have noticed a few times, people won't go against the group even when they are wrong. They leave others to hanging out to dry. Except for Aisha and Trav, they have each others backs. Then look at the shit they get. Well they have each others back, then the little shit head crew all back each other. No one else backs anyone else. They will just side with the majority in the moment.

In my view Skye was right on with her observations. Ryan was attacking her. I think it's also fairly safe to assume he was having a go at her, in light of his previous conversation. Fake and so forth. He was upset he is up, the nominations thing with her irked him. His whole attitude after being up, he seemed to be very deliberate with his words, it didn't seem natural. He's a mean person and yeah he takes pleasure in thinking he's better than others.

Which was kind of central to it. It seems team shit head has decided Skye is this weeks target. Look at Sandra, she is throwing tantrums but gets a pass. Of course what was her reaction to being up, attacking skye. Having a go at skye, insulting skye in the diary room.

They are all immature and for whatever Skye's immaturity is, at least she isn't a fucking hypocrite. Ryan was attacking her, was condescending her, was talking down to her. He's an arrogant shit head.

Even others, like David saying he made comments to 'rile her up.' Fuck off with that bullshit, it's not a good thing to deliberately try and upset people. That is what arseholes do and get pleasure in.

How can someone like Ryan have a massive tantrum that Skye is disrespectful when he never listened to what she said. What she said was actually on point with what he just said. I rewound to make sure. He's then off calling her a bimbo? Where is his respect? He has talked a bunch of times about 'treating a lady, how a lady should act.' Well he does not act or talk to her as if she is a lady. With the respect anyone should deserve.

When Ryan's having a go at Skye and she says, 'well just don't talk to me then.' Of course the arsehole attitude is to then jump at her about that. Yet minutes later when they are talking about it and yes had some enjoyment in the aftermath of her being upset. Taking pleasure in it. Sandra said something like she's done with Skye, not going to bother with her. No jumping on Sandra for that. More hypocrisy.
#eloquent truth

I really wish there was more gossip about her stalking Layla, and the cryptic tweets she and her family made... It also gives me pause whenever there's an "oh-she's-so-cute Skye you dumb-dumb" moment, and although Layla was hardly an Einstein, (to say the least), it makes me pause...

Also as the mother to two young daughters (who thank god are young enough they're in bed when it screens), in my head, I'd rather they idolise an articulate thinker like Priya, than someone who's "favourite" thing is makeup, so perhaps I'm hunting for reasons to defame her ;-)

That is exactly how I saw it Ryan was the one who jumped down Skye's throat, I watched it twice because I was confused as to why people were agreeing with Ryan. He was really out of line.

Going through the video again. It's even worse, because you can see there's the point where he really turns it into having a go at her.

What she said in the contest wasn't out of line. He has to then just be mean, be condescending and talk down to her, trying to make her feel like an idiot.

I find Lawson often speaks in a very stilted manner ... almost a bit robotic ... lots of pauses in between words where there should be none ... and then the next minute his words flows ...
When he speaks I get the impression he's too afraid to say exactly what he wants to say because people are watching so instead he speaks in a very coded kind of way, it's as if he's asking you to read between the lines because he can't come out & say what he wants to say because he wants to remain neutral & doesn't want to get the bad edit.

Going through the video again. It's even worse, because you can see there's the point where he really turns it into having a go at her.

What she said in the contest wasn't out of line. He has to then just be mean, be condescending and talk down to her, trying to make her feel like an idiot.
I really don't think he was? In the context of yes, it would be mean if it was Day 2, then absolutely. But this far into it, I imagine anyone would be frustrated with her... There's so much we don't see. I viewed it (and honestly, was ambivalent towards both, some days I liked one, hated the other, vice versa). The only consistency is Skye being naive, dumb, and playing to the cameras. I haven't religiously watched every episode but those I have, she DOES play the cute Marilyn Monroe ditzy girl. I'd imagine I'd want to kill her myself, stuck in a house with her, about 16 days earlier than Ryan...

Do you want Skye to win?

I reckon Ben would continue to hump Travis' corpse until the BB Ninja's stormed in & physically removed his d*ck from Trav's ass.
Yeah. Cause that's what gay men are like the second they're around another gay man. They're just feral and would hump anyone. Completely different to heterosexuals. *eyeroll*.

#eloquent truth
Sandra acted liked a complete idiot. Walking in the kitchen, getting a drink and ignoring everyone. Followed by the diary room
Whinge and she pretty much slagged off the Aussie public for
Liking skye and the dumb act. I don't think skye is dumb. She's just naive with some things and has admitted to having a learning difficulty. I hate that they are saying she's playing the bimbo card cos she's not. They just choose to see her like that. Even David said to her face she was smart (Friday party two weeks ago) so he knows this. So why is he going with Ryan and Sandra and making it out that she's some genius playing the game.
Ryan was talking to Sandra but stood at the bottom of the stairs looking at everyone else and his comments were directed at skye and she knew that. Poor love just couldn't articulate that she knew what he was doing

YES that is what I saw

Ryan took the first chance he could to have a go at Skye

Then he went on and on

The body language was obvious he stood over her, I was just hoping Skye would stand up (literally) and be on his level

I think Ryan is a manipulative weasel( no offense to weasels)

Back