Votes: 23 9.1%
  • Tully

Votes: 105 41.3%
  • Rohan

Votes: 94 37.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Give Tully more time guys. She has so much more to offer then Xavier and Tahan. She is intelligent and genuine. PLEASE SAVE HER.

Firstly, I think the definition of hero is a bit more complex than simply "one who is admired for their immense bravery". That sounds like a dictionary definition, the role of which is to be concise, not necessarily to express all the cultural connotations attached to a word.

What being a hero means is impossible for me to define, because it's culturally bound. But in my mind, being a hero is beyond simply being incredibly brave. Bravery is a nuanced concept that has different levels and aspects. Surgeons perform incredibly complex and life-threatening surgery every day all around the world but we rarely take the time to call them heroes. Sometimes we do, when it's publicised. But not always. Same goes for social workers, emergency services, the police force and a billion other occupations. Yet there seems to be this peculiar habit that when somebody is enrolled in the armed forces, they're a hero. Like, they get their uniform, some weaponry and the ability to be acceptably called a hero in society no matter their role. In my mind, a hero deserves to be a bit more than that.

I respect the people that die for our country. They've made the ultimate sacrifice, it's formidable, and incredibly tough for all the people they leave behind. Ironically I know this from personal experience. But I just feel uncomfortable with the amount of respect we give those in the armed forces by default. It doesn't seem right to me when there are others out there who are equally if not more worthy of our respect.

As for Matt (to try and make this a little less spectacularly off-topic), maybe he is a hero. I'm not convinced but what the hell do I know. Being a hero doesn't necessarily equate to being a good person anyway. Someone can lay their life down on the line for a cause and not be a hero. It's everybody else who decides whether the cause their championing and their motivation for doing so is admirable. Matt's a boring housemate. He also happened to fight for Australia. I dislike him for the former and respect him for the latter. That's it.

Also, everything that Ayr said.

This. Times 1000 (and I'm an Army brat whose Dad served on the front line in Vietnam).

I would like Matt to go as he seems like a decent bloke but doesn't add anything exciting to the house. Also, if he was removed the cool kids club voting block would be weakened. I would also like Tully to go because her whining and telling tales annoys me.

I think that Rohan will actually go as he has either been given a bad edit or he has spectacularly failed to make relationships within the house. I also think Tully will go as most people seem annoyed by her.

Tahan and Tully. I am over the gossiping and drama they create. I'd love to see Mikkayla gone too. Too many spoiled brats for my liking.

Give Rohan a chance!

Like he has a chance against those girls! So far, they've just blocked him out of the audience getting to know him by focusing all of the attention on their petty tantrums.

Like he has a chance against those girls! So far, they've just blocked him out of the audience getting to know him by focusing all of the attention on their petty tantrums.
They don't choose what Big Brother shows us, but the fact that Tahan and Tully are shown more than Rohan indicates that they're more interesting to watch than him.

I understand that BB won't really show humans acting normally, but can we just get over the whole 'I'm a special little snowflake princess' crap they carry on with? That behaviour should not be rewarded IMHO.

Oh, and they have boobs. Automatically more screen time.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're definitely causing a lot of the ill-feeling between other HM's and I frankly, despise their entitled, spoiled behaviour.

1) Tahan is SUCH a 'tomboy' that she NEEDS her hairdryer. And she's a liar.
2) Tully has done nothing but try and convince Drew to not like Jade. Frankly, that's up to him.
3) Mikkayla is one of the least intelligent schoolteachers I have ever seen.

They're immature and sulk when they don't get their way. It's boring and juvenile.

They're definitely causing a lot of the ill-feeling between other HM's and I frankly, despise their entitled, spoiled behaviour.

1) Tahan is SUCH a 'tomboy' that she NEEDS her hairdryer. And she's a liar.
2) Tully has done nothing but try and convince Drew to not like Jade. Frankly, that's up to him.
3) Mikkayla is one of the least intelligent schoolteachers I have ever seen.

They're immature and sulk when they don't get their way. It's boring and juvenile.
1) Tahan can be a tomboy but also care about what her hair looks like. How is she a liar?
2) Tully is helping Drew not get drawn towards Jade again when she's already shown that she likes Ed more
3) You don't know that Mikkayla is unintelligent. I feel that her behaviour is immature (and a bit embarrassing) for a schoolteacher, but I wouldn't say that she's unintelligent.

Matt's a soldier. He also happens to be a terrible HM. They don't have to be related.[/QUOTE]

Just catching up on comments but this one stands out to me and I tend to agree. Whether you are pro or against the armed forces it shouldn't be relevant to whether someone is a good or bad HM.

Separately, I think Matt is someone I would love as a HM in real life but not one who makes for great TV viewing. I expect he will stay tho.

*sigh*

1) Tomboys do not really give a crap if they do not have a hairdryer. She lies (or is maybe just delusional) about what she has said behind other HM's backs (and insincere apologies are just that - the act of a liar)
2) Tully 'helping' is also blatant interference. Drew is old enough to think what he wants without having to be subject to her opinion of Jade, who she has never actually liked.
3) She failed epically on the showdown questions which were fairly elementary.

I'm more interested in how YOU justify their behaviour.... or is this shit normal for you?

*sigh*

1) Tomboys do not really give a crap if they do not have a hairdryer. She lies (or is maybe just delusional) about what she has said behind other HM's backs (and insincere apologies are just that - the act of a liar)
2) Tully 'helping' is also blatant interference. Drew is old enough to think what he wants without having to be subject to her opinion of Jade, who she has never actually liked.

I'm more interested in how YOU justify their behaviour.... or is this shit normal for you?

Agreed :)

*sigh*

I like Tahan and Tully but not Mikkayla. That doesn't mean I'm always going to defend what Tahan and Tully say and do (and vice versa). I'd like to know what happened with Tahan and the sisters so I can judge her character a bit better, because we haven't actually been shown much of her lately. And maybe she's not entirely a tomboy, but why does that even matter?
If Drew didn't want Tully's advice, he didn't have to listen. What Tully was suggesting to him made sense, so I don't see what the problem is there.
Mikkayla might be intelligent but not knowledgable. They're 2 separate things. I'm not saying I think Mikkayla's smart - just that we can't judge her intelligence based on a few questions.

1) Tahan can be a tomboy but also care about what her hair looks like. How is she a liar?
2) Tully is helping Drew not get drawn towards Jade again when she's already shown that she likes Ed more
3) You don't know that Mikkayla is unintelligent. I feel that her behaviour is immature (and a bit embarrassing) for a schoolteacher, but I wouldn't say that she's unintelligent.

1.Agree that Tehan can actually be a bit of both
2. I think Tully is just enjoying being a girl who is seen to be down with the boys. I think she completes with Jade a bit.
3. Agree re Mikkayla. Immaturity is showing. Ive not seen enough to make significant conclusion re intelligence levels

I also agree there is a bit of spoilt side showing with Tehan and Tully. Difference being Tehan understands its BB and gets on with it while Tully whinges sulks and cries. Tantrums should never be rewarded.

1.Agree that Tehan can actually be a bit of both
2. I think Tully is just enjoying being a girl who is seen to be down with the boys. I think she completes with Jade a bit.
3. Agree re Mikkayla. Immaturity is showing. Ive not seen enough to make significant conclusion re intelligence levels

I also agree there is a bit of spoilt side showing with Tehan and Tully. Difference being Tehan understands its BB and gets on with it while Tully whinges sulks and cries. Tantrums should never be rewarded.

Agree Chump :) Tahan is pretty good I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back