Skip to main content

The Fitbit Cult

Mine cheated me out of 1000 or so steps yesterday, it didn't register my bike session.
Still made my daily goal without it though.

Reactions: Tee
Mine cheated me out of 1000 or so steps yesterday, it didn't register my bike session.
Mine would never register my cross training.

Shits me to tears!

in the last week I have ripped mine off in my sleep every night... why is that?
You should have ripped the damned thing off before you went wine tasting yesterday!

Without it you would have been absolute perfection! With it you lost a point.

All you fitbit cultists should have a competition to see who gets to a million steps first. Starting from tomorrow you can add your steps over the next few weeks until it adds up to a million steps. The first one to win can bask in the eternal glow of knowing that they have proved themselves worthy to the mighty fitbit god.

All you fitbit cultists should have a competition to see who gets to a million steps first. Starting from tomorrow you can add your steps over the next few weeks until it adds up to a million steps. The first one to win can bask in the eternal glow of knowing that they have proved themselves worthy to the mighty fitbit god.
That would take months! Hah

I kept on getting the shits because I forget to put it in my pocket or bra and go for a hike while pushing the pram! Stupid thing!

You should have ripped the damned thing off before you went wine tasting yesterday!

Without it you would have been absolute perfection! With it you lost a point.
It was my Im man about town yet still sporty look[DOUBLEPOST=1425284489][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you overheated?

I have been really restless sleeping lately but I dunno why thats what is being ripped off, maybe I wear it a bit tight or loose or something

It was my Im man about town yet still sporty look

See it came across like you are a man about town who forgot to take his Fitbit off.

Always forsake Fitbit for fashion.

See it came across like you are a man about town who forgot to take his Fitbit off.

Always forsake Fitbit for fashion.

Well Dr Chris has kinda stolen my look tonight

I kept on getting the shits because I forget to put it in my pocket or bra and go for a hike while pushing the pram! Stupid thing!

Have you ever been somewhere and thought, 'I might walk back' but then realized you don't have it and then thought, 'what's the point if it's not recorded'

Yeah, so there's no way around this?

I turn mine onto exercise mode or whatever it's called on the bike.

I would love to start tracking food, but I do not have the patience to work everything out.

Yeah, so there's no way around this?

I turn mine onto exercise mode or whatever it's called on the bike.

I would love to start tracking food, but I do not have the patience to work everything out.
My Fitness Pal app - you can also link to fitbit.

Reactions: Tee
So I slept for just under 2.5 hours last night, I'm actually pretty stoked with that which is bad. But I only had something like 40 minutes the night before.

Have you ever been somewhere and thought, 'I might walk back' but then realized you don't have it and then thought, 'what's the point if it's not recorded'

Totally! It doesn't count if I can't track it via fitbit!

And yep UAN, you need to get onto my fitness pal. It's still a bit of a pain if you want to measure stuff out but it makes tags sooo much easier.

Never!

The opportunity to eat an extra biscuit because I moved more will always be my primary driving force when it comes to exercise.

I have tracked my steps long enough to be pretty accurate when guesstimating movement.

It's interesting with the sleep tracking. I swear I had the most restless night. I felt I kept waking up, tossing and turning. One of those nights where my brain and body has just gone, 'no sleep.' Impossible to relax. Yet it's not too bad according to the tracking. 6.55 as opposed to 5.49 the night before where I felt I had better sleep but had much more disturbance according to the app.

I haven't worn mine for over a week. And while my sleep is good, I feel sure I am walking under 5000 steps per day. :(

I can't wait to get it back on and be back to a 10k minimum!

It's interesting with the sleep tracking. I swear I had the most restless night. I felt I kept waking up, tossing and turning. One of those nights where my brain and body has just gone, 'no sleep.' Impossible to relax. Yet it's not too bad according to the tracking. 6.55 as opposed to 5.49 the night before where I felt I had better sleep but had much more disturbance according to the app.
I have learned from being a nurse that how you think you slept isn't necessarily how you actually appeared to have slept.

When working night shift you often hear patients say "I didn't sleep a wink all night", and yet on your two hourly rounding, all signs pointed to a sound sleep (depth, rate and rhythm of breath, lack of movement or response to my torch, even sounding snore), and yet they are convinced they didn't sleep.

I haven't worn mine for over a week. And while my sleep is good, I feel sure I am walking under 5000 steps per day. :(

I can't wait to get it back on and be back to a 10k minimum!

I'm content with 5000 at the moment. Part of that though is that I will do 20-30 mins on an exercise bike with 8/12 intervals every second day which doesn't come up as steps.

In two weeks I am free of commitments and can ramp up my exercise a head of my big trip. I'm kind of annoyed though, in this health kick I lost about 3 kg fairly easily and then have just plateaued for a few weeks, despite being more active and not a bad eater. Which is frustrating as there's no easy cuts. There's no junk food to cut out. Looks like it may have to be booze... :(

The lack of shift on weight is annoying because every time I am on that bike I am better and better. It's quite a grueling interval set up. Only a few weeks back when I started I made it 7 minutes and threw up(it was a very warm day). Then I got it to 20 and I was exhausted after. and collapse in a chair. Now I can do 30 and when I'm finished I walk around to let out energy.

Back