Skip to main content

The Fitbit Cult

bleachy_dude

Awesome site donor
dribbble-fitbit.gif

So I got a fitbit and have officially joined the ranks of the BBBA fitbit cult.
In an ironic move, we need this thread to stop spamming the off topic thread with Fitbit chatter.

Calling all fitbit-ers.

Share you achievements and more importantly ... Your sleep patterns!

@jessy_girl
@Trala
@mutleyp

Who else?!?

Yay!

Ok so my schedule is a tad erratic this week with me working some late nights, but most likely my sleep would just be terrible no matter what.

image.jpg

Over an hour... yay?

Well it's a bad sign when 2 hours is sounding good. You are the first person I've encoubtered with similar sleep to me @bleachy_dude, I'm repeating myself but it's reassuring. Although it makes it more and more likely that it's not my device that's faulty but rather it's me!

I am not wearing mine at the moment.

I over did it with the exercise on Wednesday, and my knee has been aching since.

I find it makes me too active as I am addicted to reading my steps.

Well it's a bad sign when 2 hours is sounding good. You are the first person I've encoubtered with similar sleep to me @bleachy_dude, I'm repeating myself but it's reassuring. Although it makes it more and more likely that it's not my device that's faulty but rather it's me!
I always knew I was seriously restless. I do seem to get slightly longer chunks of sleeping time.[DOUBLEPOST=1424383504][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am not wearing mine at the moment.

I over did it with the exercise on Wednesday, and my knee has been aching since.

I find it makes me too active as I am addicted to reading my steps.
Haha yes.

I read an article about how they are not any better than just using your phone.
But it's worth it if reading the steps on my watch is motivating me to move more.

I might be interested in looking into this. I exercise daily but I'd love to know how much I actually do, and be motivated to do more.

Not really interested in my sleep patterns - because they are crap. I never go to bed before (or at) midnight, and when I do it's only for an hour or two at the most, then I'm up again until I'm tired again.

Would love to do the steps though.

Must be torture only being able to get only one or two hours worth of sleep a night. I feel very lucky that once I go to sleep I stay asleep.

My fitbit won't charge after being at the beach :(

Oh no! Supposed to be water resistant. Did you swim with it?

Apparently their customer service is pretty good. Get on their site.
Yeah been swimming with it all summer, this whole week it won't even charge... Until I posted... now its flashing hahaha!

The one person I know with a Fitbit is a swimming instructor and uses hers in the pool with no problems.
I've read online that they are fine in the shower too?

The one person I know with a Fitbit is a swimming instructor and uses hers in the pool with no problems.
I've read online that they are fine in the shower too?
usually fine, I think might of been a build up of dried salt water tbh

I would only be intersted in the fitbit for my sleeping. I have a pedometer I can clip on and I almost always have my phone with me. I use S Health. Surely it can't be more uncomfortable than three Pandora bracelets jingling away to sleep with.

I would only be intersted in the fitbit for my sleeping. I have a pedometer I can clip on and I almost always have my phone with me. I use S Health. Surely it can't be more uncomfortable than three Pandora bracelets jingling away to sleep with.
After three days I barely notice it on my wrist.

I'm back in my own bed for tonight (I have been house sitting and still will be for a couple more weeks) so tonight will be interesting to see whether there are any improvements in my sleep in my own bed.

How awful.

How are your activity levels and your diet?

Back