Skip to main content

Saturday Showdown Shelly Craft, Mike G & Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given how totally controlled and contrived last year's show was, this isn't really surprising :/

So True! Its gonna be a cookie cutter version.

All neatly packaged and def over produced!

God I hope they spare us silly Funniest Home Video sound effects.
Hmmm wonder if the FHV production crew will be re-employed on this show?

I said it last year and I'll say it again... Big Brother needs to be live. When it is recorded and edited, it makes no difference if it happened yesterday or 3 months ago.

There needs to be a live component, whether that is online streaming via age-restricted access, a time-limited TV show (e.g. an hour streaming on GO! after evictions) or something else. The hourly "live update" videos do not satisfy this requirement because there is the opportunity to edit them, and they do edit them!

They can edit it. If anything goes amiss, they can change it rather than just have a laugh and work around it. I felt that was part of the fun with Friday night games last time.

i was talking about if it was recorded on the friday or the saturday, what difference it would make, not live/pre-recorded, thats a huge difference.

i was talking about if it was recorded on the friday or the saturday, what difference it would make, not live/pre-recorded, thats a huge difference.

I agree. It definitely needs to be live. FNG were always live. I don't know why it is so hard for it to be done like it has been done previously.

Here's a video that has just been put up online with Shelley Craft talking about the Showdown.

[video]http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/big-brother-2013-the-lowdown-on-the-showdown/xgsv7ti?cpkey=a804e9b2-1b9b-4e1c-82f0-058dcf04b457%257c%257c%257c%257c[/video]

Here's a video that has just been put up online with Shelley Craft talking about the Showdown.

[video]http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/big-brother-2013-the-lowdown-on-the-showdown/xgsv7ti?cpkey=a804e9b2-1b9b-4e1c-82f0-058dcf04b457%257c%257c%257c%257c[/video]
Yep... this, and the fact that it won't be live, makes me think this show will be a flop. Too much aimed at kids.

I agree. It definitely needs to be live. FNG were always live. I don't know why it is so hard for it to be done like it has been done previously.

because without a doubt it would ALWAYS run late and channel 9 will have the football on afterwards (they have to give priority to football due to the sports broadcasting agreement or something like that) and 3/4 of FNL was shitty childish jokes and filler while they were setting up/packing up/resetting. its was stupid.

Hey! Thats the set of this years stage!
Shes on the set!

It would be great if this was live, but now I'm not so sure. I also just realised I'm gonna miss most of it as well as I'm usually out from 7-7:30pm. Yay for being able to watch stuff online...

3/4 of FNL was shitty childish jokes and filler while they were setting up/packing up/resetting. its was stupid.
Very very true.

See, this is where it's a win-lose situation. The non-live factor is fantastic for the above reason.

The only major con is that we will be missing out on seeing raw/live footage of the HM's yet again.

But I spose it can't be helped.

Well it might be a deciding factor in cutting down "more housemates than ever before " to a more manageable number, over four weeks?

Yes true. I just think if she show is a ratings success they would extend it and it would be used with rewards room etc.

My thoughts = Plain Jane :(

I don't mind if the stage is a bit plain (being decorated by a massive screen) - what I would REALLY love to see is a couch for the evicted housemates to sit on and be interviewed. The standing interviews were heaps awkward last year, and although they added the stools later it still didn't feel right.

nup, it'll look great, trust me, its not even finished in that vid

Yeah, they barely showed any of it. Sneaky buggers. And that is one helluva screen! I didn't mind the eye-lens-portal Sonia used to enter through... Little bit corny...

Mike's interview with 247 featured a small pic in front of the Eye logo.

He's posted a large version on twitter. Is this the auditorium stage with the projector screen or a composite?

BQFO-CUCQAAMfvu.jpg

That is last year's logo (note the G and R shapes).

It is probably him doing the crowd warmup in front of the 2012 big screen. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back