Skip to main content

The Fitbit Cult

So you can record other exercise on these right?
I guess they aren't waterproof for in the pool.

So you can record other exercise on these right?
I guess they aren't waterproof for in the pool.

I've worn mine swimming lots of times as well as in the shower, they seem pretty waterproof to me. I guess since it's formally a pedometer people might argue that it's not meant to track things like swimming, but it's fine. Really it's an activity tracker.

The Charge one has a heart rate monitor included which is a much more effective way of tracking exercise, but you can record any type of exertion.

Umm...so this happened today:

Fitbit 30 March.png

It's my first time getting to 20k steps so I'm pretty chuffed. But the big news is that I ran for the first time EVER at 6am.

As in - got out of bed at stupid o'clock to do so. O_O I haven't seen 6am in ages, and had almost forgotten it existed. Turns out, all you need is a running buddy you've committed to meeting, laying your clothes out the night before, setting three alarms...and a good dose of strong coffee.

Hope your day is going well too. :)

View attachment 48580

It's my first time getting to 20k steps so I'm pretty chuffed. But the big news is that I ran for the first time EVER at 6am.

As in - got out of bed at stupid o'clock to do so. O_O I haven't seen 6am in ages, and had almost forgotten it existed. Turns out, all you need is a running buddy you've committed to meeting, laying your clothes out the night before, setting three alarms...and a good dose of strong coffee.

Well done Oswin.

I think I'm coming down with a cold, feeling pretty miserable so no exercise for me. After a day of meetings and stuff I have clocked up a grand total of 2,809 steps.

Hope @jessy_girl and @Inigo Montoya went better!

Well done Oswin.

I think I'm coming down with a cold, feeling pretty miserable so no exercise for me. After a day of meetings and stuff I have clocked up a grand total of 2,809 steps.

Thanks Bleachy. :) After a couple of weeks of totally slacking off it's nice to be back into it again.

Sorry to hear you're not well. Feeling miserable sucks, but rest sounds like the best thing for it and I hope you feel better soon.

Well done Oswin.

Oh sucks that you are getting sick (lol that kept correcting to dick so many times), I was fighting cold for a few weeks but thankfully it never became too bad. It's best to rest up and take care of yourself I think. Pretty lazy day for me compared to my usual Mondays, so far I'm only on around 8000 and I'm not planning to go for a big walk or anything. That's actually around half of my typical Monday steps.

Oh well.

I've met my goal every day since I got it on Feb 22, but my highest ever was 12,388, I mostly average 10 or 11.
Well Done!

View attachment 48580

Oh wow look at you! Waking up early to go running. How far do you run? When I go for a walk there is this section of the track that I have been lately using for running, it's about 400m long the only problem is I am fucked after that short run (former smoker and unhealthy/unfit person here).... anyway well done on hitting the 20,000 steps for the first time!

Well done Oswin.

Oh no... I hope you feel better soon.... I like to eat raw garlic if I feel like I am getting sick, that usually helps.

Day is not over yet, I will post my results after midnight.... There is still time to get some more steps in... #justsaying

Oh sucks that you are getting sick (lol that kept correcting to dick so many times), I was fighting cold for a few weeks but thankfully it never became too bad. It's best to rest up and take care of yourself I think. Pretty lazy day for me compared to my usual Mondays, so far I'm only on around 8000 and I'm not planning to go for a big walk or anything. That's actually around half of my typical Monday steps.

Oh well.
Yeah that's some good advice, you don't want to be not taking care of yourself at this time of the year, because then you might end up being sick all winter. That happened to me when I was like 18, I just kept on going and did not take the time to rest properly.... Horrible experience.

Yeah that's some good advice, you don't want to be not taking care of yourself at this time of the year, because then you might end up being sick all winter. That happened to me when I was like 18, I just kept on going and did not take the time to rest properly.... Horrible experience.
I'm going to a festival over Easter weekend. So I better not be sick that long.

Oh wow look at you! Waking up early to go running. How far do you run? When I go for a walk there is this section of the track that I have been lately using for running, it's about 400m long the only problem is I am fucked after that short run (former smoker and unhealthy/unfit person here).... anyway well done on hitting the 20,000 steps for the first time!

You should try incorporating some interval training into your walks - well if you want to - you'd be surprised at how quickly you can pick up running. Even like 30 seconds running and 90 seconds walking and slowly build up. I am definitely not fit or remotely healthy at all and am also a former (ish) smoker but I can usually manage to jog continuously for 3-4kms. My pace is shocking though, that's my next thing to improve. But walking is great for many reasons so keep doing that if it works.

Tomorrow I'm back on the 10k train.

Back