Skip to main content

The Fitbit Cult

I think everyone should have one!
I'm not a fitness freak AT ALL, but having a fitbit totally motivates me. I don't drive, but I used to get a ride or catch the bus everywhere. Now if it's within walking distance, I'll walk it. My attitude now is, if you can get an extra few thousand steps in by walking to the shops & back, why not do it?

I think everyone should have one!
I'm not a fitness freak AT ALL, but having a fitbit totally motivates me. I don't drive, but I used to get a ride or catch the bus everywhere. Now if it's within walking distance, I'll walk it. My attitude now is, if you can get an extra few thousand steps in by walking to the shops & back, why not do it?
THIS!
There is a servo about 4kms down the road from me and instead of driving there to get credit... I'll walk. Good for me and good for the environment!

So which one should I buy? I tried researching it but just got confused. I need to track more than just walking. I sprained my ankle and will not be walking that much for a while.

So which one should I buy? I tried researching it but just got confused. I need to track more than just walking. I sprained my ankle and will not be walking that much for a while.
@bleachy_dude what one do you have?

I have the flex it tracks your steps, calories, distance,sleep, active minutes you can also log your food on it.

And that sucks about your ankle, I would not know what to do with myself in if I broke/sprained/injured any part of my legs. Can you walk at all on it?

Slacker!

Seriously, well done. How did you manage to double your usual amount?

I did 11,386 (so far), I'm happy that I've met my goal every day since I started fitbitting.

I went for a walk this morning and one after dinner as well + all the usual steps in the middle of the day....But the stupid sun had to set and I could not continue walking past 7:30pm today... Looks like WINTER IS COMING!

I have not doubled my steps, the post I made on the 14th was at midday after I had done my longest walk ever (10km) usually I get around 23,000- 30,000 but at one point I was doing about 40,000 steps in a day, I've been slacking off lately. I want to try to get back up to around 35,000- 40,000 steps a day.

It's good that you always hit the 10,000 target...sometimes I don't, I call those days my rest days, but I feel really guilty. Like yesterday I only did about 3,000 steps... I think I am a little obsessed with tracking my steps... I hope this does not turn into an unhealthy obsession.
Also have you lost any weight since you got your fitbit?

Last edited:
Damn gurl, you in training for the camino or something.
Had to look up what the camino is... No not training for that or anything... I just like walking and now that it is getting cooler I feel like I can walk for longer than I did in summer...

I have the flex it tracks your steps, calories, distance,sleep, active minutes you can also log your food on it.

And that sucks about your ankle, I would not know what to do with myself in if I broke/sprained/injured any part of my legs. Can you walk at all on it?
I've got thr Charge HR @Rose711 - it does everything the flex does but it has a screen which can tell you the time as well as steps and it monitors your heart rate via lights in your wrist.

I recently wore my mother's fitbit to bed one night and it said I slept for nearly 7.5 hours! I've never had such a reading except for one time when it fell off on my sleep.

I guess one night is not conclusive enough, but now I'm wondering if my Fitbit was faulty all along? Or maybe if my mum's is.

I might have to buy another one now to find out.

I recently wore my mother's fitbit to bed one night and it said I slept for nearly 7.5 hours! I've never had such a reading except for one time when it fell off on my sleep.

I guess one night is not conclusive enough, but now I'm wondering if my Fitbit was faulty all along? Or maybe if my mum's is.

I might have to buy another one now to find out.
What kind of fitbit?

For some reason I just saw this. I can walk with a cane, because I would kill myself falling if I used crutches. I don't walk much right now.
I'm starting physical therapy after Easter.
I am going to get the flex so I can track food and other exercises as well. I might do the charge HR, knowing my heart rate might be good. It might help me with anxiety as well, knowing when my heart rate goes up.

Back