Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

Is that the third one?

How much more can they drag out of this franchsie?

It's the 4th.

The 3rd was a prequel back story to the whole Lycan Vampire conflict and didn't have Kate Beckinsale.

The 4th continues her characters story but takes the franchise in a new direction. I don't think it's dragged out at all.

The first film was interesting and entertaining. The sequel in my opinion was better. It continued straight on and expanded and improved.

I've only seen the prequel once. I remember it being OK, but it was it's own thing.

The new one is pushing forward into new territory. Once the vampires and lycans aren't hidden from the humans and a fight for survival in that world.

Plus can you ever have enough of Kate Beckinsale in a tight costume doing action scenes? I think not.

It's the 4th.

The 3rd was a prequel back story to the whole Lycan Vampire conflict and didn't have Kate Beckinsale.

The 4th continues her characters story but takes the franchise in a new direction. I don't think it's dragged out at all.

The first film was interesting and entertaining. The sequel in my opinion was better. It continued straight on and expanded and improved.

I've only seen the prequel once. I remember it being OK, but it was it's own thing.

The new one is pushing forward into new territory. Once the vampires and lycans aren't hidden from the humans and a fight for survival in that world.

Plus can you ever have enough of Kate Beckinsale in a tight costume doing action scenes? I think not.

No you can't.....She's amazing

Yeah I felt the same way dg. Clive writes such a descriptive, haunting tale that the movies just don't really come close. I'm very wary of the film versions of Abarat too, that makes me very nervous!

Totally agree, me too! Especially seeing that Abarat is for a 'younger' audience. I am worried that Christopher Carrion will translate to film as being a bit silly.

Totally agree, me too! Especially seeing that Abarat is for a 'younger' audience. I am worried that Christopher Carrion will translate to film as being a bit silly.

Aggh yes. And apart from the story (whcih is always amazing from Mr Barker) it's his amazing art/illustrations that make those books. I have a feeling i'll avoid it so as not to be disappointed.

I finally got to see The Help tonight and really enjoyed it. I can see why there is award buzz for several of the actresses.

I actually enjoyed it more than the book and that is so rare for me.

Today watched Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close. I really enjoyed this. Needed a few tissues.

Saw Iron Lady the other day. Very interesting to see another side to Margaret Thatcher. The 'human' side. Meryl was absolutely fantastic in it.

In Time

Such a great concept and it got flushed down the toilet. It's not a bad movie but just did not live up to the hype surrounding it. And to think this is the same guy that made Gattaca.....I was so disappointed to find it was an Andrew Nicol film. What went wrong Andrew?

Also they could have given us a bit more exposition at the start of the film. Like how this clock nonsense had started in the first place? I mean how do you bio engineer the entire human race? Or were people born with no clocks? Such an issue got glossed over...

3.5 / 10

Last edited:
I just saw The Lorax
It had great 3D effects, but something was missing.
It's a great Dr Suess book, but i think the message didn't come across so well in the movie.
Still enjoyable tho.

Lately I've seen -

Thor - loved
Stardust - loved
Inception - liked
Midnight in Paris - okay...sort of liked
We Need To Talk About Kevin - liked
Crazy, Stupid Love - liked

Probably more, but I can't remember...oh and I know my reviews aren't riveting and lack substance...but hey... I do appreciate everyone elses.

I just saw The Lorax
It had great 3D effects, but something was missing.
It's a great Dr Suess book, but i think the message didn't come across so well in the movie.
Still enjoyable tho.

I know what you mean Wal. I felt the same way. It's funny I did like it, it got better towards the end. It felt forced in a way. But I did like it, I didn't hate it. My daughter liked it though. She loved the music.

Saw The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel tonight and I really enjoyed it. It was a highly entertaining movie.

Lately I've seen -

Thor - loved
Stardust - loved
Inception - liked
Midnight in Paris - okay...sort of liked
We Need To Talk About Kevin - liked
Crazy, Stupid Love - liked

Probably more, but I can't remember...oh and I know my reviews aren't riveting and lack substance...but hey... I do appreciate everyone elses.

lol well I've only seen two of them and I didn't like Thor but loved Crazy, Stupid, Love.

I loved Hunger Games. I'm waiting to hear from a friend who was going to go this weekend who hadn't read the book.

There are seriously a lot of movies coming up that I want to see. A lot of super hero ones with leads that I like instead of tolerate (Superman and Spiderman).

It hasn't happened yet but I read Jennifer Lopez was to produce a Carmen Sandiego movie...... OMG can she actually direct?

Whatever you do don't see "New Year's Eve" lots of well known stars but OMG some of the crap things they have to say for lines..... Baaaaaaaaaaaad IMHO

Saw Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, loved it. Like Molloch says a highly enjoyable movie with a fabulous cast.
Maggie Smith is so different in this, she's working class ex servant - and OMG I love that woman, so many great actors in this, lots of Doc Who people, and my favourite actor Bill Nighy.
I want to see Hunger Games, and the new Sean penn movie he looks so weird

Back