Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

Wolf Creek.. curiosity got the better of me..then fear did an I had to turn it off then flick back to see who made it out..
Very well done... I liked how they set up the 3 back packer characters who were very likeable. - Never watching Playschool again...

I'm too afraid to watch that movie, is it as freaky as I imagine, are you sorry you succumbed?

Watched Changelling with Angelina last night, had allways meant to see this, anyway, well done - if a bit trite and conveniently packaged at some points. guy who played that creepy farm guy is excellent

Blech...... Leave it alone. TV will stuff up the story anyway. How unoriginal

Yeah, i don't know, i guess it'd be some weird quantum leap type thing.

See like if they did a spin off series but like limited run. Like a cable series which is shorter, more like little movies, then that'd be fine. If it was serialized then no way.

I'm too afraid to watch that movie, is it as freaky as I imagine, are you sorry you succumbed?

Watched Changelling with Angelina last night, had allways meant to see this, anyway, well done - if a bit trite and conveniently packaged at some points. guy who played that creepy farm guy is excellent

Oh that movie is great..... She really did well in that.

Saw some movies on dvd over the weekend.

Red Ring Hood - Not as bad as I was expecting actually, not great though. Was pretty obvious who the wolf was. It was quite pretty.

Thor - Waaaaay better than I was expecting, I actually really enjoyed it. It looked really naff on the previews so I refused to go to the movies to see it, wish I had now!

Midnight Meat Train - Flick of the Clive Barker short story from The Books of Blood. Wasn't too bad, but I always feel that his stuff doesn't translate to film well. You get the gore without any of the soul, or beauty of the story.

The Host - Korean monster flick, loved it!

Saw some movies on dvd over the weekend.

Red Ring Hood - Not as bad as I was expecting actually, not great though. Was pretty obvious who the wolf was. It was quite pretty.

Thor - Waaaaay better than I was expecting, I actually really enjoyed it. It looked really naff on the previews so I refused to go to the movies to see it, wish I had now!

Midnight Meat Train - Flick of the Clive Barker short story from The Books of Blood. Wasn't too bad, but I always feel that his stuff doesn't translate to film well. You get the gore without any of the soul, or beauty of the story.

The Host - Korean monster flick, loved it!

I really liked Red Riding Hood..... And I really liked Thor too.

Did you get the special surprise when she went to Grandma's house?

I might be watching Iron Man 1 & 2 tonight....

The Marvel movies tend to be from so so to good.

Midnight Meat Train .....Hmmm is that a slasher?

I'm rediscovering horror... I love some of the old stuff from the 80s and culty classics. Currently waiting to get Chopping Mall and Student Bodies.

There was another one about a killer in a sorrority house... Can't think of the title now.

X Men First Class

It was released on the 19th but I got my copy 4 days earlier because pre ordered at Sanity..

8/10

I have never rated a comic book movie that high but I'll give it 8 for action, and lots of it. A good prequel story to how and why the X Men got to be where they were and how the first group of them helped stop the cuban missile crisis. Nice bit of alternate history.

For Kevin Bacon fans he played a wonderful villain.

The rest was great. Only thing is I didn't know Emma Frost would be in this I thought she came around later in the series but there she was and she went off with the bad guys.

Anyway this was a cool movie.

Yeah X-Men First Class was excellent. It kind of got lost in the movie season, but it's definitely up there in the best comic book movies. Best since Kick Ass which also had the same director.

With the Marvel movies, I have hope for the Avengers, but they are so on the edge of tipping into crap. X-men is still outside of the Marvel directly controlled movies franchise. As with Spiderman, which the new movie may be cool even though it's a reboot. It seems like they're doing some cool stuff with that, so while I think the reboot idea is annoying, what i've seen means they have my ticket money.

Back to the core Marvel films.

Thor was good, but not great. Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston were very good which over come the flaws.

Captain America was good in parts but such a flawed film and some bits flat out terrible and dumb. And no i'm not even getting into the CCTV during WW2. Iron Man 2 was also heavily flawed.

It's too heavily rushed. Which those last two films showed in spades.

X-men First Class ironically with the shortest production schedule didn't suffer due to a decent development time.

Next year though, we have from DC a new Batman. Which you know ill be good, even if it can't live up to the dark knight, which it probably won't. Then a new superman by the same people but directed by Zack Snyder who did one of the best movies of the last decade, Watchmen. So that'll be good. Even looking at pictures of the new superman on set you know the films nailed being awesome. Which you didn't get when looking at pics of Superman Returns, which is underrated.

I really think after the Avengers Marvel needs to hold back, or at least focus on new characters and films. Being rushed is showing.

As with Spiderman, which the new movie may be cool even though it's a reboot. It seems like they're doing some cool stuff with that, so while I think the reboot idea is annoying, what i've seen means they have my ticket money.

Hey there is Spiderman 1, 2, and 3. Why a reboot so bloody soon? Are they really that desp. for ideas.

Oh well, my recent films...
- The Thing. Nice enough remake, but the curse of it being a sequel, and the fact that CGI has made you jaded for anything put on the screen now, is that it is just not possible to have the shock value of the old Carpenter film. But it is worth a look. Maybe it'll be a good DVD night for someone down the track.

- Aguire. Wrath of God. An old Werner Herzog film. Spanish Conquistadors go off into the Jungle to find Gold. The gradually die and go mad while maintaining their dreams of Glory. I love it.

- Paris Texas. An old Wim Wenders film. Harry Dean Stanton walks out of the desert to repair his family and soul. I feel more like Harry Dean than almost any other character in movies.

- Planet of the Apes. Loved it. Simple. Special Effects with lots of humanity.

The Thing is on my 'to see' list, only because it's got 2 of my fave Norwegian actors in it.

Yeah, I figured they'd only have short lived (pun intended) cameo roles. But still...

Go! Just committed a SERIOUS crime.
They cut the wedding scene off the end of Napoleon Dynamite!!!
What kind of stupid criminal.....
It's just wrong.
It's phonecall to the station and complainworthy.

I went and saw Iron Lady yesterday. I enjoyed it. Her delusions were a bit crass (?) I think- it might have been more tasteful to set it back a few years and have them reminsicing or something whilst he was dying. I dont know. I felt uncomfortable when I realised how the story was going to be set up. I cried at the end when she told him she didnt want to be alone.

On a different note, husband and I went and saw A Few Best Men. Speaking of cringeworthy. Some good moments, some crass moments, some just omfg moments. I dont know if I like it, or I hate it.

Yeah I felt the same way dg. Clive writes such a descriptive, haunting tale that the movies just don't really come close. I'm very wary of the film versions of Abarat too, that makes me very nervous!

Underworld: Awakening

Kate Beckinsale as a vampire fighting werewolfs. Was good. Less plot dense than the others, however the story is there and fine. It goes by quick, but is always entertaining and leaves off for another film to follow.

Underworld: Awakening

Kate Beckinsale as a vampire fighting werewolfs. Was good. Less plot dense than the others, however the story is there and fine. It goes by quick, but is always entertaining and leaves off for another film to follow.

Is that the third one?

How much more can they drag out of this franchsie?

Back