Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

I saw a preview and I'm pretty sure she means bad as in avoid at all costs.

Well it was done by the same people that made Bad Santa so maybe they were under the impression it would be a hit.... Howcome that movie did well? I thought that was very meh.

Seems to me that the average movie goer lacks a sense of humour, that's why those kind of movies do well.

I saw Bad Teacher yesterday (free tickets) and thought I wouldn't like it much but I LOVED it. I don't normally go for those silly comedy type movies but this time I did, it was funny as. Not long ago I saw The Social Network and Justin Timberlake was all bad ass, in Bad Teacher he is almost the complete opposite. Cameron Diaz is great in it, and there is lots of other familiar faces including a brief almost unrecognizable appearance by Eric Stonestreet (Cameron from Modern Family).

I saw Bad Teacher yesterday (free tickets) and thought I wouldn't like it much but I LOVED it. I don't normally go for those silly comedy type movies but this time I did, it was funny as. Not long ago I saw The Social Network and Justin Timberlake was all bad ass, in Bad Teacher he is almost the complete opposite. Cameron Diaz is great in it, and there is lots of other familiar faces including a brief almost unrecognizable appearance by Eric Stonestreet (Cameron from Modern Family).

Yeah I'm the same as you, hate comedys....But I loved BT. Jason Segal is Hilarious!

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Highly intelligent apes get sweet revenge on their captors. A typical Hollywood action/drama in many ways, but the special effects, digital animation or whatever you call it was pretty impressive. The ending suggests there will definitely be a sequel, which is predictable I suppose.

Anyway, I would recommend this movie. Where else can you see a gorilla riding a horse? :)

You can see them in the far superior original movies.

I saw
"The Help".

It was ok, nothing exciting.
Didn't get caught up in any drama or suspense...it just ambled along.

My friend had read the book, and was very disappointed with the movie.
They'd changed heaps & washed over a lot of details.

Yeah, it was a good movie.
I think it came out around the same time as Richie Rich.

Casper came out in I 1995...... I have that and That Darn Cat which also has Christina Ricci

She's very beautiful ... Put pictures of her in the Celebrity pictures thread from May this year

Thor

8/10

OMG that was good. And good even on DVD. We don't need no bloody 3D gimmicks.

Only one thing at about 1:04:00 on the movie as they are walking out of the SHIELD base there's a sound bite of the word "father" and no scene to match. It sounded like Loki..

Is this a glitch in the movie?

Tucker and Dale vs Evil..

Its one of those movies that is better when you dont know anything about it before you see it...
so go go see it!

took my 11 year old to see Monte Carlo - Just OK but she enjoyed it which was the important bit. Corey Monteith (Finn from Glee) was in it and pretty much the same character except no singing or dancing..lol

I like Katie Cassidy although she is always blonde Ruby/Lilith to me (for those Supernatural fans out there).
Selena is cute - still very Disney type.

High Plains Invaders

6/10

I enjoyed it. It's a western but then just when I didn't expect a mechanical scorpion appears and kills someone. Seems they are looking for some minerals in the ground and lay siege to a small town (small hollywood backlot set hehe) and they start digging down into the ground. They seem unstoppable..........But you'll have to see it to get the rest.

It's not a bad film. It's just not fast paced or such so don't expect non stop action. For what it's worth I had a good time.

Source Code was very different. I didn't mind it.

Oranges & Sunshine was also very good. I found out much more facts when I googled after watching it, that I did in the movie tho.

They're making a spin off TV series based on source code.

I watched "The Switch," was watchable, not as funny as I expected and I can imagine people who have gone through IVF, single mothers might not like the film.

The ending was too contrived, I thought I knew how it'd end, in a really formulaic predicable way. I over through the process.

Wolf Creek.. curiosity got the better of me..then fear did an I had to turn it off then flick back to see who made it out..
Very well done... I liked how they set up the 3 back packer characters who were very likeable. - Never watching Playschool again...

Back