Skip to main content

If Estelle won it would ultimately damage her...

Have you read that Skateboarding forum she is a member off? Even before BB the posts there make the posts on this forum look like preschool insults, and seemingly some of those posters knew her from events and stuff.
No I haven't. Good then.

I'm confused, I thought someone here said that she had a benefactor that helped her out with money for horse riding and her overseas trip to do horse riding and work in a stable or did I misunderstand?

I think someone said she might have a benefactor not that she did.

It was only a thought...I think.

I'm confused, I thought someone here said that she had a benefactor that helped her out with money for horse riding and her overseas trip to do horse riding and work in a stable or did I misunderstand?

No! I don't know who told you that? That's not the case at all, Estelle has worked extremely hard for everything she has.

Estelle got worked at balmoral equestrian centre cleaning stables out and eventually giving riding lessons from 14 yrs old and as payment got riding lessons on their school horses. It was her instructor that lined up a job for her overseas, she saved for the flight and had to work all day cleaning stables and working school horses for her board.

Her car is a repairable write-off, her dad found at auction and he repaired it for her. All the horses she has had have been cheap TBs that she has schooled herself or lease horses. She has her horses on free agistment at acreage near her house which is in a rather rural part of Victoria.

There is no secret "trust fund" and nothing has just been given to her. Hope that makes sense and clears things up a bit :)

You have said some great things here Meow! When the housemates were commenting on her age last last night, I thought back to last semester at uni when we learnt about the developmental theories such as Piaget, Erikson and Freud. Not everyone goes through a form of these stages, but it is unusual not to do so. If she was an adolescent, her personality/behavior/etc would all be more socially acceptable. At 24, many theorists say that you have found your sole identity and are starting to form long-standing relationships by this time. Erikson inparticular has said that an individual who is unable to do either of these things may experience a form of isolation. Estelle would easily fit into Eriksons stage of Fidelity: Identity vs. Role Confusion which is from the ages of 13-19 years. This is at least one stage (almost two) below what is accepted as the norm from these theories.

The link to Eriksons Wikipedia page is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erikson's_stages_of_psychosocial_development

:) I did a major assignment on Erikson's stages of psychosocial development when I did my Mental Health (nurse) training,it is my all time favourite developmental theory.

I think someone said she might have a benefactor not that she did.

It was only a thought...I think.

Ah, trouble is I don't read all the pages of the threads, they are moving way too quickly for me so I miss a lot. :)

No! I don't know who told you that? That's not the case at all, Estelle has worked extremely hard for everything she has.

Estelle got worked at balmoral equestrian centre cleaning stables out and eventually giving riding lessons from 14 yrs old and as payment got riding lessons on their school horses. It was her instructor that lined up a job for her overseas, she saved for the flight and had to work all day cleaning stables and working school horses for her board.

Her car is a repairable write-off, her dad found at auction and he repaired it for her. All the horses she has had have been cheap TBs that she has schooled herself or lease horses. She has her horses on free agistment at acreage near her house which is in a rather rural part of Victoria.

There is no secret "trust fund" and nothing has just been given to her. Hope that makes sense and clears things up a bit :)

Cheers for that :)

Ok I get that Estelle is 'popular' (I thought the sk8er fad had died, but maybe I'm losing touch). And I also understand there's a good chance she'll win because of this residual sympathy about the "bullying".

But ultimately if Estelle won it would be pretty mentally damaging. Obviously at first she'd be elated and feel highly validated (something she's always seeking out). However this would quickly lead to very unrealistic bars being set.

I wouldn't be surprised if within a few weeks she's caught in a nightclub fight drunkenly screaming "don't you know who I am, I won Big Brother!" while other patrons look on in bemusement. (This has happened before with other HMs).

I mean the girl is clearly not yet emotionally mature bordering on a little unstable. Her dramatic, almost bi-polar shifts between having "new best friends" then sobbing uncontrollably after nominations demonstrate this. Her need to 'latch on' to people is as clear as day.

If she won Big Brother it would be teaching her the only way to feel validated in life is to be an attention seeking whore, which she was part-way to becoming in the first place. Winning BB would be a terrible life lesson.

Lol. Tim did you get bit by a spider recently?

:) I did a major assignment on Erikson's stages of psychosocial development when I did my Mental Health (nurse) training,it is my all time favourite developmental theory.

That's what I'm doing now, nursing. We had a whole topic that covered developmental theories focusing on Erikson, it was really fascinating! At the start I thought it was pointless, but it has already shed new light on many people for me :)

Sorry guys, a bit off topic :)

i enjoy a good troll as much as the next guy (and even sometimes play the role myself), but - and sorry to say this - tim, you started a trolling thread intentionally using inflamatory language and ideas. you can't turn around and claim the moral high ground that (at various points) people aren't playing nice or that the thread has gone off track - unless that's part of the trolling, in which case take your hand off the warnings and play in the spirit you created.

stepping back, thinkin about it - you've given tacit approval that trolling is ok but responding in kind isn't. yes, I know, your house, you make the rules. but coming down to our level actually erodes your authority. sure, you can still wield said authority, but you will be resented for doing so with one hand whilst committing similar acts with the other. after enough of that, the community will splinter.

@ riddam I have prev accused Tim starting this thread of some kind of excitement on his forums I now think it has become out of control, as you have said the community will splinter, this is why this forum begun a group unhappy with the restrictions of ch 10 now, who knows what will happem

I think she will be fine. In fact, due to her issues she might be smarter with the money than some of the others.

This thread is a convention of non Estelle fans to post their hatred of a woman that they do not personally know.

as opposed to a thread on here where Estelle lovers post their love for a woman they do not personally know?

I think she'll handle winning just fine. I think she is quite a strong person. I mean living in a house full of people who you think love you & then find out they all hate your living GUTS, & move on from it with forgiveness. Shows she a very strong young woman. But, LOL she hasn't won yet! I can't make up my mind who is my favourite because I have 3. Our adorable kookie sweet Estelle. Mad as a bat Layla or bitchy evil Ben...Crazy for them all.

In my very humble opinion, winning BBAU12 would validate Estelle's grace under fire. Sure she is a little 'strange' but we are all unique in our own ways and Estelle is certainly unique.

Watching Estelle's 'secrets' file, watched by the other housemates, Big Brother obviously struggled to find any footage of her saying or doing anything hateful or malicious to anyone else. She stayed true to herself and I give her credit for that.

By the way, I am NOT an Estelle fan. I am a 43 year old mother of 2 kids and I appreciate how much of a role model Estelle is. I also come from a background of bullying and believe beauty is as beauty does and furthermore the old adage.... treat others as you wish to be treated.

I agree with Tim; we haven't seen the skater Estelle for a while, nor the rapper one so much. Using the multiple personas does seem like a way to get attention and validation.one character doesn't click, move onto another one. "Keeping it real" is one of the most irritating declarations ever. Most of the guys have said it, but she has overused it as though she needs to keep saying it in order to validate herself.

Dunno about the nightclub thing though. that would be Ange the Angry Alcoh.

I agree with Tim; we haven't seen the skater Estelle for a while, nor the rapper one so much. Using the multiple personas does seem like a way to get attention and validation.one character doesn't click, move onto another one. "Keeping it real" is one of the most irritating declarations ever. Most of the guys have said it, but she has overused it as though she needs to keep saying it in order to validate herself.

Dunno about the nightclub thing though. that would be Ange the Angry Alcoh.

I think the persona she is now using is herself, and its working. :)

If you watched the show, you'd see the whole persona personality thing was a joke and not a reality. The other night when Estelle explained it clearly showed how it was about how people try and fit her into a box and there's no single one she fits into. People have taken on board the language used by housemates instead of what they mean and are referring to.

Back