Skip to main content

If Estelle won it would ultimately damage her...

Definitely agree.. She should have someone to control the money.. It'd be like giving an actual 12 yo 250k to spend in a candy store.
And she does behave like a 12 year old.. A big part of me thinks that's because she never had a proper childhood... She's still trying to experience one now..by galloping around on toy horses and acting immature emotionally and being overly sexulized. Desperately gripping onto her youth because her youth was terrible.

Thank you for all those who read my long rant. I didn't think anyone would. Was quite shocked. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way.. I wonder if she past the psych test.. That's why they created psych testing.. Most shows require them to be passed.. But it makes me wonder now..

You have said some great things here Meow! When the housemates were commenting on her age last last night, I thought back to last semester at uni when we learnt about the developmental theories such as Piaget, Erikson and Freud. Not everyone goes through a form of these stages, but it is unusual not to do so. If she was an adolescent, her personality/behavior/etc would all be more socially acceptable. At 24, many theorists say that you have found your sole identity and are starting to form long-standing relationships by this time. Erikson inparticular has said that an individual who is unable to do either of these things may experience a form of isolation. Estelle would easily fit into Eriksons stage of Fidelity: Identity vs. Role Confusion which is from the ages of 13-19 years. This is at least one stage (almost two) below what is accepted as the norm from these theories.

The link to Eriksons Wikipedia page is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erikson's_stages_of_psychosocial_development

It is funny how some people seem to know all about Estelle. What she will do with her money, how she will cope with the attention outside, how capable she is, or not.

It is called an opinion. We are making a judgement and forming a point of view with the information we have at hand. Exactly like you are, except of course your 100% right and we're 100% wrong. :rolleyes:

I haven’t seen anyone knowing her personally, but that doesn’t stop the Estelle haters to claim they know what she will do.

Why do we always get labelled "Estelle haters"? I don't hate anyone and I am getting really sick of this overreaction. No I am not a fan, but I certainly don't hate her (how can I - I don't even know her). In defence of Estelle some of her fans are becoming overly pasionate and claim to "hate" other housemates and calling everyone who doesn't support Estelle "haters". It's a TV show FFS.
Chill.

I guess I was responding in brief after more in depth explanations of my thoughts anywhere.

I'll reply.

I do consider this to just be another post among the many attacking Estelle to try and discourage people from voting for her.

As far as we can tell the whole skatey thing was what she was into in high school when she ditched school. I don't think she at all is a sk8er chick at all any more. It factors into basically nothing of her time in the house and is pretty much a red herring.

The bullying brought attention to her, however as a supporter of hers it was not support due to this. It is because the way she handled herself and her time in the house is much better than anyone else. I think she held her head up high. All the mean behavior of the others has only highlighted the good personal characteristics she has.

I actually think her very reaction in the face of all of this shows her to be mentally strong. So what if she cried after getting 19 nomination points? Generally she has handled the nomination situation very well, the same with being made an outcast. Being aware of people being two faced, bitching about her behind her back extremely well. To see someone handling it badly look at Ben last week after being nominated. He reacted worse and more emotionally than Estelle reacted in all of her nominations combined.

I also believe the whole, needs to latch onto people is clearly just more nonsense which fits into the way she has been treated in the house. With Ava, Estelle was considered to have latched on and done something wrong when she made friends. Was this because she was latching on or simply because people were jealous?

It was because the housemates were jealous the new person liked Estelle over them. They had also been pushing Estelle to the side. To quote house mates, they wanted her to sit in the weird corner by herself until she was evicted. They were very aware they were making her a pariah. The only thing she did wrong with Ava was making friends.

As always Estelle is always wrong. Ava couldn't possibly want to hang out with Estelle of her own choice. Sam and Michael couldn't possibly enjoy Estelle's company. She has to be doing something wrong.

The house mates constantly talk about hierarchy and Estelle not knowing her place. This completely comes down to them thinking they are better and she should speak when be spoken to. Everything from Ava to the boys is Estelle being bitched about, being accused of wrong doing for the simple fact she is speaking to people or trying to get along with people. She was considered as not being worthy of friendship.

To say she latched on? She was fine and someone came in she was friends with and she made friends. No latching at all. Now it's all because the house is smaller, less people and everyone hates Estelle for still being there.

The only times this bullshit of her doing something wrong, being clingy or flirty didn't come up. Was when she was hanging out with other people considered lessors, on the same low level of the hierarchy she is on.

After all she has gone through in the house, the way she has been treated. Completely contradicts the assertion in the original post. She has shown herself to be the most mentally tough person left in the house. Besides Sam but that's another story. I don't know if he can process anything properly.

Ben, can't keep his opinions consistent. He's quick to rage, quick to emotion. Constantly trying to be loved while hating everyone. Unable to take any of what he dishes out back. His reaction to nominations was weak and showed he's not mentally strong at all.

Michael got so upset and jealous when he felt rejected by Josh with Ava. He is so constantly obsessed with how he comes across, if someone dare says something that he thinks makes him look bad he flips out. As when Estelle against the group had the courage and strength to stand up and say she found his story offensive. Even now Michael is obsessed with how everyone is perceived where he and others fit. He is not emotionally strong at all. He can't even be himself having to play a character half the time.

Layla, someone else who has troubles with her emotions and anger. Look at the whole Angie stuff. Her apparent changes of heart. Her constantly jumping around boys. The most simple thing causes her to have an immature tantrum like a child.

Sam, the guys just playing a role and a character. I don't even think he knows who he is. I think he has no idea who he is, and where ever he is he becomes what he wants to be. Immune to everything like a rock.

Estelle has had the hardest time in the big brother house out of everyone left bar Sam. She has also dealt with the situation, fights in groups, bitching, nominations much more level headed and less emotional than everyone else. She has shown she's mentally strong. The entire premise of this OP is completely wrong. The proof is in the show. Not cherry picking the one moment Estelle cried at nominations.

She has shown herself to be tough, mentally and emotionally. If anything she has also shown herself to not require the validation and attention from the other housemates. She never tried to win people over, or be anything other than herself. As opposed to everyone else trying to be liked, trying to fit in. Even if they have to put others down, or their way in is by being mean and nasty. Everyone else generally takes things way too personally, over reacting. She has been strong through out and will continue to be strong when she leaves.

Hell everyone left, bar Sam has reacted pretty much worse than Estelle does to being nominated each time she's survived. She is strong and her mental health is in no danger at all when she wins.

VOTE ESTELLE TO WIN!

That is the best post on this forum.

Everything you said reflects the way I think. Pity lots of people won't take time to read it.

That is the kind of post I would like from the Estelle haters. I don't mind different opinions, don't mind disagreeing, but I need reasons to change my mind.

If she won Big Brother it would be teaching her the only way to feel validated in life is to be an attention seeking whore, which she was part-way to becoming in the first place. Winning BB would be a terrible life lesson.

I remember when she said that whenever she speaks, she always expects a standing ovation. She knows not any other way of gaining people's attention. Big Brother is fucking perfect for her! She loves the spotlight so much and you guys have been giving her what she wants. It completely irks me. If she was actually funny, I wouldn't mind, but its the fact that she just want the attention for the sake of being looked at and nothing else. She is not interesting, nada, nothing. She's a dud.

That is the best post on this forum.

Everything you said reflects the way I think. Pity lots of people won't take time to read it.

That is the kind of post I would like from the Estelle haters. I don't mind different opinions, don't mind disagreeing, but I need reasons, to change my mind.

Is it?

Can you break it all down to one sentence, so I can get the jist?

He sort of lost me at "I do consider..."

I think it will be a challenge to any of them.

Big lottery wins etc can ruin people but I think Estelle probably has it within her to face the challenge.

Life is boring without challenges and I think trying to act as nannies and prevent everyone from facing them is a bad move. It's what gives us the nanny state and people on the government teat for life.

250k doesn't buy what it used to. I think especially if Estelle has a trust fund and is wealthy then she's not going to have trouble handling this. She's going to face it anyway if the trust fund is coming her way.

So I think rather than burden any of the other housemates lets just let Estelle handle it in her stride.

I'm looking forward to see how she handles it.

Ok I get that Estelle is 'popular' (I thought the sk8er fad had died, but maybe I'm losing touch). And I also understand there's a good chance she'll win because of this residual sympathy about the "bullying".

But ultimately if Estelle won it would be pretty mentally damaging. Obviously at first she'd be elated and feel highly validated (something she's always seeking out). However this would quickly lead to very unrealistic bars being set.

I wouldn't be surprised if within a few weeks she's caught in a nightclub fight drunkenly screaming "don't you know who I am, I won Big Brother!" while other patrons look on in bemusement. (This has happened before with other HMs).

I mean the girl is clearly not yet emotionally mature bordering on a little unstable. Her dramatic, almost bi-polar shifts between having "new best friends" then sobbing uncontrollably after nominations demonstrate this. Her need to 'latch on' to people is as clear as day.

If she won Big Brother it would be teaching her the only way to feel validated in life is to be an attention seeking whore, which she was part-way to becoming in the first place. Winning BB would be a terrible life lesson.

I think you just described nearly every girl who's entered the house, exceptions being Charne, Sarah and Ava, all the other girls have behaved extremely immature. You cant tell me that 24yo (Early 30's) Stacy behaving like an 8 year old the entire time was the act of a mature and sane person, Or what about 21yo Angie "I'd never make out with one of my girlfriends guy" who suddenly gained a hickey once the coast was clear. 24yo Layla (pretends to be stupid) who wouldn't give up Tim Tams, so another house mate could eat, and starts a relationship with George once she knew his bank account. The last and the most immature all would have to be 24yo Zoe who's run around the house with love sick crush on Michael.
Yes Estelle is immature and I don't think she should win the whole game but out of the girls shes been the most adult.

Is it?

Can you break it all down to one sentence, so I can get the jist?

He sort of lost me at "I do consider..."

Oh no, it is so well written. He or she understood exactly all the HMs described in the post.

That is the plain truth.

Take the time and read it, it is so right. I would react the same way if it was about someone I don’t like. That makes sens to me. No unfounded attacks etc. Just the plain truth

Oh no, it is so well written. He or she understood exactly all the HMs described in the post.

That is the plain truth.

Take the time and read it, it is so right. I would react the same way if it was about someone I don’t like. That makes sens to me. No unfounded attacks etc. Just the plain truth

The one sentence version you could have offered was:

"Just shut the fuck up and vote for her already" ;)

Who the hell cares what they do with the money anyway? They put their hand up for it all, went through the competition and will deal with it how they deal with it.

Ok I get that Estelle is 'popular' (I thought the sk8er fad had died, but maybe I'm losing touch). And I also understand there's a good chance she'll win because of this residual sympathy about the "bullying".

But ultimately if Estelle won it would be pretty mentally damaging. Obviously at first she'd be elated and feel highly validated (something she's always seeking out). However this would quickly lead to very unrealistic bars being set.

I wouldn't be surprised if within a few weeks she's caught in a nightclub fight drunkenly screaming "don't you know who I am, I won Big Brother!" while other patrons look on in bemusement. (This has happened before with other HMs).

I mean the girl is clearly not yet emotionally mature bordering on a little unstable. Her dramatic, almost bi-polar shifts between having "new best friends" then sobbing uncontrollably after nominations demonstrate this. Her need to 'latch on' to people is as clear as day.

Judging by your posts it sounds as though you haven't been paying any attention to the show. I don't blame you for that, but your assessments of Estelle's character are way out of whack.

The suggestion that she suffers from manic, bi-polar mood swings is not supported by any footage we have seen. The only evidence you have provided is that she was upset about being nominated and was happy to have Ava as a friend. These a normal, healthy emotional reactions which anyone would experience under such circumstances.

It was obviously hard for her to be nominated by so many of her housemates, and letting her emotions out was a healthy way of ensuring that she didn't internalise her feelings and mope around in a state of anger and paranoia, as Angie, Ben and many other housemates have done after they have been nominated. Overall Estelle's mood in the house has been remarkably positive considering the circumstances, but yeah, she seemed particularly happy when she had Ava as a friend - so what?

The fact that Estelle is able to experience more than one emotion is not indicative of "mood swings"; on the contrary, it is a sign that she is a relatively emotionally healthy human being. If you want to know what an emotionally unstable human being behaves like, look no further than Ben. That man is in dire need to several decades of intense psychotherapy.

A win for Estelle would be a wonderful outcome in a world where self centered, manipulative liars are more likely to get ahead in life. It would serve as a valuable lesson not only to her, but also to the other housemates and certain members of the viewing public. Just imagine what an bloody awful message it would send to Nine's "family" audience if Ben won! It's okay to behave like a psychopath, as long as you make people laugh in the process! :rolleyes:

Hang on, Estelle may be annoying and full of herself, but she not a basket case - she holds down a job, she studies, she does her sport - seems like a pretty well balanced life she's put together.

And I do not love her or even support her, I prefer Ben. I can see both sides of the Estelle arguments really - but neither are conclusive we just never saw enough to know these people at all.

And sorry Tim, but my family was dirt poor and there are ways to get riding. My sister became a Vic champ, she was given horses and free adjistment, and worked since 14 after school for feed etc.
And she got some rich friends real quick - they even took her to Noosa for holidays!

The fact that Estelle is able to experience more than one emotion is not indicative of "mood swings"; on the contrary, it is a sign that she is a relatively emotionally healthy human being.

Not a truer word spoken on this forum!

And sorry Tim, but my family was dirt poor and there are ways to get riding. My sister became a Vic champ, she was given horses and free adjistment, and worked since 14 after school for feed etc.
And she got some rich friends real quick - they even took her to Noosa for holidays!

Indeed one can come from a poor background and make a good life for themselves. In some cases, it makes you work harder because security becomes the most important thing in your life.

Tim I think that trying to guess what someone will do with the money afterwards is laughable.
I really don't see her as unstable or having many personalities. I think the majority of airtime given to Estelle as a topic (herself or others talking about her) will be mainly others telling us about her. We haven't really been able to see Estelle for who she is because they have spent so much time on others. She actually seems like a strong person to me for not bloody well losing her shit with all the crap she has received just because she is "different". Do you really think the message given to Australia that different means bad is a good one to be sent? That's fundamentally why I want her to win at this stage. I don't mind in Sam does either. But I will be so pissed if someone like Ben or Michael who have done nothing but be utter turds to others do.

I think she already seeks others' approval as a way of proving herself, so winning BB won't matter. What it might do is allow her some freedom from her obviously difficult past.

The fact of the matter is that the majority of people who support Estelle are EXTREMELY passionate about it - and a lot of them go to the point of being fanatical.

I dare you Tim, I just dare you to say that you find Michael and Ben entertaining (psst even if you don't) then this thread will be really jumping hahahahaha

Seriously, it has been said over and over in the forums that people have stopped/won't post in these forums because their opinions are attacked if they are not fans of Estelle, even if it is as simple as we find Estelle boring or attention seeking, we are then considered scum :confused:

Do you have a Land Rover / Ranger / Truck thing too?

Back