Skip to main content

House Rules

I get that reality TV is never real, but it's a little crap knowing these people have enough houses and money! lol

Randomly small (Note: very small, almost negligible) amounts of respect for the terrible Tassie team for being the only ones -actually- being the only -real- team.

We tried to bandage up the relationship, but it didn't work': House Rules star Ryan confirms he split from girlfriend Candy after show finished filming

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...iend-Ryan-finished-filming.html#ixzz35YVo92NQ
article-2666658-1F07EAC100000578-712_634x835.jpg

Well the show made no secret of the fact that Russell and Carole and Maddie and Lloyd were experienced renovators - and the nature of the show means that's the sort of candidate they mean. How crap would it be with six Brooke and Grants?

P.S. Is the final next week. Looking on the 7 website there is no episode on Sunday, with the final 3 challenge continuing on Monday. Wouldn't be surprised if that continued Tuesday and Wednesday and the final was on Monday - or knowing Seven Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Last edited:
Got this from another forum, I don't have any house rules contestants on Facebook... But apparently...

Adam and Lisa posted this on their facebook page.

"Well done to the rivalry station publication who has fabricated such lies. Not sure how you can get away with such rubbish. Once you have finished defaming - Can you please tell me where I can get the keys to my "other home" and where we have been living for the past two years?!"

Reactions: Kaf
Interesting!!!

Either they're covering up lies, or they're actually telling the truth and the gossip mags/sites are talking out of their a-holes.

Yeah as a rule you can believe about 10% of those magazine articles. Hard to know what's true and what's not.
Even if people do own another home that they rent out to someone else, who the eff cares really? That just means that they have even MORE mortgage that they're servicing.
I did find it utterly hilarious this bit regarding Adam and Lisa:

"Their neighbours at their House Rules home, which is meant to be their primary residence, barely even know them. “I’ve hardly seen them there,” one said. “We exchange pleasantries when we see each other, but that’s rare,” says another."

Umm yeah you just confirmed that they DO live there. I don't know MY neighbours either nor do I want to. I don't even know what they look like, I just want them to shut up their loud Saturday night karaoke sessions. Exchanging pleasantries is a step up from that and I don't think I'm the only person in the world who thinks that way. Gone are the days of hanging over your neighbours fence gossipping or knowing what the whole street is up to (like my mother does). No wonder Lisa wanted to screen them out lol.

LOL yeah. I tend to hide from my neighbours too... Except the unavoidable crazy dog lady neighbour who always comes over to take my Pomeranian to play with her little dogs (lol).

I'd say perhaps some of them do own other houses. You can't fake crap taste though.. If they get poor scores they get poor scores.

'It's absolute b*****ks!': House Rules host Johanna Griggs slams claims couple Russell and Carole have a $2.3m property portfolio and others 'own several abodes'

By Danielle Gusmaroli

Published: 13:19 AEST, 25 June 2014 | Updated: 17:24 AEST, 25 June 2014

House Rules host Johanna Griggs has hit back at claims show contestants Carole and Russell Bramston are not quite the Aussie battlers viewers believed, calling them 'absolute b*******'.

Reports this week alleged the pair actually are owners of a property portfolio worth an estimated $2.3m

Speaking to radio station WSFM 107.1 on Wednesday, the 40-year-old TV personality denied the claims, saying: 'The apartment they claim is part of Carole and Russell’s $2.3 million portfolio, that’s the apartment Channel Seven put them in during the course of the filming when they're not allowed in their homes.'

article-2668682-1F1964FA00000578-335_634x727.jpg

Hit back: House Rules host Johanna Griggs has hit back at claims show renovators Carole, 53, and Russell Bramston, 55, are actually wealthy property owners boasting a $2.3m portfolio - calling them 'upsetting'

more of the story in link below

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...se-Rules-renovators-abodes.html#ixzz35dQeVdcZ

Might no longer be owned by C9 but this was clearly a hatchet job. Also re: Bomber and Mel - as two newly dating people it's no surprise that at least one of them might have another home.

Also a shame the stories about one couple kind of spoil the Grand Final result - I don't think they'd have spoken about that if they were still in the competition.

I didn't think she was that bad. I thought the Tassie woman was horrible and as much as I don't mind Carole she is a bit horrible when she doesn't get her own way.

Candy is only really getting a bad edit this week.

Is the actual final this week or is it being milked even longer?

Final now confirmed for Sunday - thank god. As much as I love this show it's beginning to feel like filler now.

Just enough time though to slag Carolyn off again - last week seen advising Ryan and Candy that they must knock the wall down into Carole's living room as the "view is for everyone", and this week telling Carole it's a bad idea as it messes up their furniture placement.

Also questions about the timing again - we see the contestant half way through demo with "4 days, 4 hours" to go - so WTF have they been doing for the first three days?

I felt for Candy. She was the only one who wanted to keep the bloody wall in the first place, then reluctantly agreed to remove it... and as I recall they agreed the existing door would be removed. So for Carole to suddenly insist on rebuilding the wall as a nib wall must have been infuriating. Especially when she could barely state her opinion without being shut down (I get this too, I have to say). If I were Candy/Ryan I would have seriously considered rebuilding the entire wall on their side purely to fuck over Carole & Russell. But I might have a slightly vindictive streak.

oh, and there were some hot builders in tonight's ep :)

Last edited:
Thought Candy came across really well tonight - she wasn't in the wrong at all in the argument but then came across even better by being the one who apologised. It did make me laugh when Carole didn't see the irony when she was talking about how rare it is in the world today for people to apologise to each other considering she was the one owing the biggest apology.

I think too they've forgotten it's a public vote in the end - and that wall has almost certainly cost Carole and Rusty their chance of the title IMO. Adam and Lisa must be rubbing their hands with glee and booking that ticket to the Bahamas after watching tonights episode.

Back