Skip to main content

House Rules

I was in the Hawthorn Masters on Saturday, Lisa and Adam were there for promo.... not one person came up to them in the hour we were there, I felt really bad for them

Geez that is really really awkward like I am fulling having a case of second hand shame right now.

Also hope you got everything you needed to build your sex dungeon. xo

There's no other reason people go to Masters right?

Geez that is really really awkward like I am fulling having a case of second hand shame right now.

Also hope you got everything you needed to build your sex dungeon. xo

There's no other reason people go to Masters right?
4f2085d6ecd47.jpeg

Only had to visit the one aisle which is handy!

But yes I was cringing for them, especially because they kept announcing it every 5 minutes

Never again! House Rules stars Maddi Carter and Lloyd Wright say reality TV experience put them off for good revealing renovated house became a tourist attraction

By Danielle Gusmaroli For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 11:27 AEST, 9 August 2014 | Updated: 13:39 AEST, 9 August 2014

They spent months renovating their ravaged home under the glare of the media spotlight for House Rules but it seems the show is still not over for Maddi Carter and Lloyd Wright.

For the popular Queensland couple say while the cameras may have stopped rolling, their house and their lives have become something of an on-going soap opera with tourists swinging by to gawp at the home they spruced up on the show.

The 27-year-olds say the unsolicited attention they are receiving in Townsville has left them reluctant to film another reality program.

article-2720386-20607E4700000578-272_634x737.jpg

Never again! House Rules couple Maddi Carter and Lloyd Wright say they would never do another reality show again now the house they renovated in Queensland has become a tourist attraction for fans

article-2720386-2060CC9700000578-117_634x418.jpg

Tourist attraction: The couple say their house in Townsville, Queensland, has become a local attraction

Maddi told the Daily Telegraph: 'We’ve been out of our normal routine for about nine months, the filming didn’t take that long but there’s a lot of other things before and after filming that takes time.'

She added: 'If people are thinking of doing it, it’s not just a quick fix that happens in a week, it’s a long process and you’ve got to be prepared to have drive-bys of your house and people knowing a lot more about your life than they would have previously.'

The Channel Seven show has been incredibly popular, pulling in a 1.473 million metro audience.

article-2720386-2060CABB00000578-465_634x359.jpg

Stunning: Millions tuned into the Channel Seven show to watch the couple renovate their beachside property

article-2720386-2060CAFB00000578-380_634x724.jpg

• White-washed: The brightly-painted home a stone's throw from the beach is now a landmark in Queensland

article-2720386-20607E5E00000578-251_634x328.jpg

Life after House Rules: Maddi said she and Lloyd have been out of their normal routine for nine months

Viewers watched them transform their two-storey timber house weathered by cyclones and monsoons over the years into a home they can raise a family in.

In fact, the Queenslanders were so laid-back, their House Rules application almost never made it in.

'Lloyd emailed me at work and said "We should apply for this" and sent me the link but because he’s so lazy, I had to fill it all in,' she had earlier told the show.

article-2720386-20607E4200000578-357_634x419.jpg

Tourist attraction: The 27-year-olds, from Townsville, Queensland, say they didn't quite anticipate how much their lives and their home would become public business

Deadlines and dates are not a priority for this casual couple, who can’t even agree on how or when they got engaged.

'She’s useless with dates, Lloyd had told show producers. 'She’s forgotten my birthday three years in a row.'

One experience they do remember is first walking through the door of the four-bedroom Townsville house they bought last April.

article-2720386-20607F6A00000578-280_634x697.jpg

Main attraction: House Rules presenter Johanna Griggs has previously defended the show's reputation saying it turns ordinary people's lives around

Their large, high-set timber home with a wrap-around deck and pool is minutes from the beach and backs onto a reserve inhabited by pythons, dingoes and wild pigs, among other wildlife.

The house has been ravaged by the region’s tropical weather over its 25 years with rot and mold a problem, along with leaky taps, uneven floors, an old kitchen and out-of-date bathroom.

After securing House Rules, it is now a deluxe two-storey beach home that they are proud of.

'We wouldn't live anywhere else,' says Lloyd.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...urist-attraction-nosy-fans.html#ixzz39rmN5wAH

It's always good that when people don't want to be in the public eye they make sure to let the national press know about it. They've got a wedding I'm sure they're hoping some weekly mag will pay for after all.

Not only that, but Candy & Ryan's house is on the market, and this is apparently newsworthy enough to earn a story on Seven's main 6pm new bulletin.

Gawking for a bit, fair price to pay for a million dollarish reno YOU could not afford or design.

I wonder if you can enter with somebody else's house?
I have a sis who needs her house fixed, and she is kind of an invalid, and a buddy with a shitty house she needs to fix before selling and she has osteo-bone thingy.

So I wonder if they would let you enter as a team to do a family member or bestie's house for them?

Doubt it unless you pretend you live there. It's the sort of thing though they might renovate in the final stages of the show once the homeowners are done.

Back