Skip to main content

Confessions and interesting facts about yourself

I'd just like to say: Please be aware of the wide-ranging impacts that issues can have on people's mental health. Do your best to seek help from others, and do not despair if this doesn't help. There's always someone who can help you, often in conjunction with your own hard work xxxx

I have really enjoyed reading this whole thread since discovering it today. Some really interesting, surprising, hearlfelt and brave posts.

@lefrancais I understand the issues you (and others) have spoken of very well. I have battled them myself, and have experienced the loss of a very close loved one from suicide. In a professional world, I simply didn't discuss any of this for fear of stigma, taboo, people finding out. The best thing now is that people are becoming more educated and less ignorant. Sometimes its hard to truly understand things unless you have walked that path yourself, and even if you have, you can look at it from the other side and not understand why it could possibly be so difficult and challenging. One the most empowering ideas being promoted is that it's not a weakness.

Okay I have a really goofy one:

When I was at Uni I shared a townhouse with three other girls. It was a housing complex mostly housing students.

The townhouse next to ours at the end of our building also had four girls living in it and they would all go home on the weekends. Two of my roommates and I were always there.

We got sooooo bored one night sitting around we decided to break in to the neighbour's townhouse next door and change all their furniture around! We knew how easy it was to break in to these places since on more than one occasion we had all left our keys behind at the same time and had to break into our own.

So one of the roomies stood out the front as a lookout and would knock on the door if someone was coming, so hypothetically we could hide.

While we were changing the furniture around our friend starts knocking on the door. Me and the other girl were running into each other and I think actually managed to turn on about every light int he place trying to get to the bathroom to hide. Luckily for us it was a false alarm. Our friend out the front said, "WTF! Are you guys trying to get caught doing this!!" *snort*

Needless to say we waited with baited breath until the girls came home the following day. Listening to them shriek when they went in was hilarious. They came and asked us if we had heard anything at all. Oh no.

They never did know it was us. The things you do when you're bored at Uni. :biggrin:

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Why do I keep coming late to these threads?!?! :arghh:

It's really nice that everyone's sharing! I'm trying to think of some shockers...

-My first relationship was with someone three times my age! :hilarious:

-My sexual partner count is at 210! And I have a sex-book! :p

-I have a rare, but harmless, condition called Dermatographic urticaria where my skin is so sensitive that scratching marks or shapes on me would create welts that last for hours.

Oxytocin-290x290.jpg

Here's a lame confession:
When I was a kid (about 8 or 9) I was grocery shopping with my mum and my bro. Mum stopped to chat with a lady she knew and my bro and I got bored. We ran up and down the aisles, being annoying little shits, basically. We got to the chocolate aisle and my brother MADE me steal a chocolate bar (by threatening to wedgie me 24/7 if I didn't do it, which as you know is a SERIOUS threat). It was this one:
image.jpg
I stuffed it down by pants and proceeded to look nonchalant and cool. When we got home it was time to have a shower. Mum came with me and tried to undress me. I was too old for her to do this, alarm bells went off in my head, she clearly did it because SHE KNEW. I started to panic, I was a crying MESS. Eventually the half melted choc bar dropped to the floor. Mum said nothing, just gave me a look, then she marched me down to the managers office at Woollies and made me confess what I had done. I even handed the squashed chocolate to the manager. I was crying and shaking and preparing myself to go to jail forever. In hindsight I can now see that mum and the manager were holding back laughter. It taught me a lesson though! I love chocolate, but NOT ONCE have I bought that exact chocolate bar since. And I never will. Just seeing it on the shelf gives me an uneasy feeling. I can't even look at it. Ha!

That's pretty cute @David's beard. I also have an aversion to that same chocolate from a silly personal association. It's pretty shit anyway in my opinion, let's see if we can get it taken off the shelf forever.
What is it's purpose anyway? You may as well just buy a block of plain chocolate instead. Let's start a petition, stupid boring roll of chocolate...

Yes, that's what I always say! Seriously so pointless, especially when it is sold alongside other more exciting chocolates. This is an important cause, we can do this.
I hope we can do this, it would ease a lifetime of guilt haha. I've done questionable things in my life, yet this is the one thing I can't forget. Let's get rid of it! There is no place for boring chocolate in this world.

This might make you feel a bit better - I'm up to 714. No purchases involved - just deferring study over and over and over .................. again.
735 now! Good luck when you reach that level. Near Impossible. Designed to steal from your pockets I tell you!

Why do I keep coming late to these threads?!?! :arghh:

It's really nice that everyone's sharing! I'm trying to think of some shockers...

-My first relationship was with someone three times my age! :hilarious:

-My sexual partner count is at 210! And I have a sex-book! :p

-I have a rare, but harmless, condition called Dermatographic urticaria where my skin is so sensitive that scratching marks or shapes on me would create welts that last for hours.

Oxytocin-290x290.jpg

I find your condition to be (at face value) one of the coolest things I have seen! In a way it's like temporary keloid scarring! Does it itch while in its raised state? I am fascinated!

I find your condition to be (at face value) one of the coolest things I have seen! In a way it's like temporary keloid scarring! Does it itch while in its raised state? I am fascinated!

It's not itchy while it's raised... but my skin does is very prone to itchiness, so it raises when I scratch :)

It's a neat trick to show people!

@lefrancais Thanks for sharing, gurl. *hugs* I've gone through some intense therapy myself this year, and you're right, there are people that can help, as long as you're willing to put in work too. It's a shame about our society too. It took me years to open up about my own depression, only to find that it affects soooo many people. I wish I had known sooner.

@NineGirl Thanks for sharing also! I had heard of your condition before. I'm glad you were able to find a neurologist that steered you in the right direction! xx

It's not itchy while it's raised... but my skin does is very prone to itchiness, so it raises when I scratch :)

It's a neat trick to show people!

So the shot you showed was just a shits and giggles "scratchy times" you did for the photo? If so, I am torn.. as to whether it's like DNA helix stuff (sciency coding) or whether you were doing a small map of biblical times Judea. If the latter, some may consider it stigmata of sorts!!:jawdrop:

So the shot you showed was just a shits and giggles "scratchy times" you did for the photo? If so, I am torn.. as to whether it's like DNA helix stuff (sciency coding) or whether you were doing a small map of biblical times Judea. If the latter, some may consider it stigmata of sorts!!:jawdrop:

Oh that's not my photo! I just picked one from google to show what it is. Not in the mood to take one of myself right now!

It's helix or something... :)

Oh that's not my photo! I just picked one from google to show what it is. Not in the mood to take one of myself right now!

It's helix or something... :)

Well duh me..lol Well thank you. I am truly fascinated by scars. Oh... I would also like to ask, with yours when they appear, are they waxy to the touch?

Well duh me..lol Well thank you. I am truly fascinated by scars. Oh... I would also like to ask, with yours when they appear, are they waxy to the touch?

They feel like gummy worms. Haha. Ahh... or skin but bumpy.

They feel like gummy worms. Haha. Ahh... or skin but bumpy.

I have a lot of keloid scarring and it makes me wonder how it "feels" to others when they touch something similar With mine, to the touch it feels like melted wax, but I cannot feel the touch through the scar?

It's really hard to think of things because I've lived a bit of a crazy life

I was in the army for 3 years and it really was the closest experience to BB I think I could've had without going on BB. Mobile phones weren't around back then, no Internet, shipped off to the other side of the country for 3 months at 17. It taught me a lot about what I know people are capable of - good and bad - when no one is watching and also how strong I was. I started off as the biggest spoiled cry baby wimp (SHOCKER) but at our Basic Training awards I scored most likely to surprise, most likely to make you laugh when you felt like crying and strongest chick per pound!!

I almost died after giving birth but the Drs didn't realise I was having issues so let me self discharge on the day. If it weren't for our dog barking so loudly she scared my neighbours into getting the police to bust our door down, I would've bled to death at home after being passed out for 18hrs while Mr B was in NICU with our son. He assumed I had went home for a shower and had passed out after 4 days with no sleep but it was I had went home, had a shower and started to bleed like a mother fucker so I passed out in there for all that time.

A friend stole her mother's car and picked up three of us so we could take a run over the border to the US and buy cheap shit on a school day. She didn't have her driver's license so when we finally got busted in the US, I took the fall for the whole thing and ended up with a charge of joyriding.

An ex's mother blamed me for her husband's sudden heart attack and death when I broke up with her son. She said I was a man killer because he would've been so distraught that my 19yo self broke up with this guy. Turns out he had hardened arteries and other stuff but she was convinced I killed her husband.

The "pot plant thief" here in Melb made me laugh as we used to do that as kids, along with raiding gardens for fresh carrots and cucumbers, but we'd redeposit the pot plants we stole at less schmick houses so they could spruce things up. Along with a post it note saying "don't take the blame, it's US" like we were some supercool group and we'd write my mom's work ph number if they had any questions. No bueno.

I was filmed in the ad that was showing the first ATM ever being used in Canada... "it's so easy even this kid can do it" and it was reused throughout Europe

Got suspended from school for suspected acid use (true) because I stayed at the pencil sharpener for the whole 45 mins of the class trying to sharpen anything people would chuck at me - so more their fault than mine, really

Made it through 5th grade art by just drawing trees. Upside down triangle ones. Teacher told me from day dot that I was shit so if I just drew trees for every assignment and didn't disrupt the class she'd give me a B+

Back