Skip to main content

Confessions and interesting facts about yourself

Shadow2-

Long story I suppose, my parents were married for 30 years and my father had 5 affairs with different women over that time span. (4 from the time I was born till they separated when I was 16, I'm 19 now). My father always suffered from manic depression and attempted suicide when I was 5. Then my mother got severe depression after that and was bed ridden for around a year. In this time, My father said that I was the "only female in this house so I was the one that needed to take on the female roles of the household" - make dinner & clean. Only in my early teens I realised how warped and backward thinking that was -he was just masogynist, chauvinist pig. He abused me mentally and physically as a child till I was around 14-15. He blamed me for most of those affairs because "when I was born I took my mother away from him", I never really believed this though I thought it was just stupid. Around the time I was 15 I noticed that he was acting strangely.

He was becoming extremely withdrawn, sometimes I'd wake up and I'd see him standing in our lounge room in the dark, he was becoming very, very snappy. I told my mum several times about my worries and that I was scared of him but I think after all the emotional abuse he put her through she just shut down completely to anything he was doing - afraid of what she might see. Anyway in 2012 my mum found out my dad was cheating for over a year. He made a fake facebook account talking to hundreds of women (some of them as young as 18, some of them looked younger, he was 54 at the time) in a disgusting perverted way, he created a group called "the circle of perverted friends". He then took himself and submitted himself to a mental hospital because he said he wanted to "kill himself". They later diagnosed him with Psychosis (he is being treated and is taking medication)

Cutting a year short -he spent months asking us to take him back, not in an " I'm sorry" way but more in a threatening, aggressive manner, he tried to corner us at my younger brothers soccer fields so that we wouldn't make a scene. He would bang on the door for god knows how long every few weeks or so. I found that when I was by myself he would always make things a lot worse. We never had a good relationship, I hated him. He was always softer on my younger brother and my mother.

In April 2013, I was alone with my partner in my house, he came knocking at the door. I told my partner to stay quiet. After about half an hour of him yelling things trying to persuade me to open the door and whispering threats through my bedroom window, he "drove off" in his car, we thought it was safe so my boyfriend proceeded to wash the dishes, my father actually just parked down the road to trick us and walked up to our back door. When he saw my boyfriend and asked him to open the door because it was "his house" and my boyfriend said no he just snapped. To answer your question it was a combination of a lot of things, psychosis was the primary factor, built up anger and hatred - he got to his breaking point, I just believe that he always has had it in him however his illness brought it out of him.

I'm just happy that my partner was there in that situation. It could've ended a lot worse and it was a situation that after explaining everything and everything he's done it almost seemed like it was inevitable..
Oh god that's horrible, I just don't know what to say, but what a brave girl you are, and so lucky your bf was around. It makes me sad that you had to go through such an awful experience

Y
Shadow2-

Long story I suppose, my parents were married for 30 years and my father had 5 affairs with different women over that time span. (4 from the time I was born till they separated when I was 16, I'm 19 now). My father always suffered from manic depression and attempted suicide when I was 5. Then my mother got severe depression after that and was bed ridden for around a year. In this time, My father said that I was the "only female in this house so I was the one that needed to take on the female roles of the household" - make dinner & clean. Only in my early teens I realised how warped and backward thinking that was -he was just masogynist, chauvinist pig. He abused me mentally and physically as a child till I was around 14-15. He blamed me for most of those affairs because "when I was born I took my mother away from him", I never really believed this though I thought it was just stupid. Around the time I was 15 I noticed that he was acting strangely.

He was becoming extremely withdrawn, sometimes I'd wake up and I'd see him standing in our lounge room in the dark, he was becoming very, very snappy. I told my mum several times about my worries and that I was scared of him but I think after all the emotional abuse he put her through she just shut down completely to anything he was doing - afraid of what she might see. Anyway in 2012 my mum found out my dad was cheating for over a year. He made a fake facebook account talking to hundreds of women (some of them as young as 18, some of them looked younger, he was 54 at the time) in a disgusting perverted way, he created a group called "the circle of perverted friends". He then took himself and submitted himself to a mental hospital because he said he wanted to "kill himself". They later diagnosed him with Psychosis (he is being treated and is taking medication)

Cutting a year short -he spent months asking us to take him back, not in an " I'm sorry" way but more in a threatening, aggressive manner, he tried to corner us at my younger brothers soccer fields so that we wouldn't make a scene. He would bang on the door for god knows how long every few weeks or so. I found that when I was by myself he would always make things a lot worse. We never had a good relationship, I hated him. He was always softer on my younger brother and my mother.

In April 2013, I was alone with my partner in my house, he came knocking at the door. I told my partner to stay quiet. After about half an hour of him yelling things trying to persuade me to open the door and whispering threats through my bedroom window, he "drove off" in his car, we thought it was safe so my boyfriend proceeded to wash the dishes, my father actually just parked down the road to trick us and walked up to our back door. When he saw my boyfriend and asked him to open the door because it was "his house" and my boyfriend said no he just snapped. To answer your question it was a combination of a lot of things, psychosis was the primary factor, built up anger and hatred - he got to his breaking point, I just believe that he always has had it in him however his illness brought it out of him.

I'm just happy that my partner was there in that situation. It could've ended a lot worse and it was a situation that after explaining everything and everything he's done it almost seemed like it was inevitable..
You poor thing :-(. Xxx

Oh god that's horrible, I just don't know what to say, but what a brave girl you are, and so lucky your bf was around. It makes me sad that you had to go through such an awful experience

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it very much :) it's feels strange to sum up my childhood in a few paragraphs, sometimes I feel quite numb to it, it's weird to think that it happened to me it feels like a different lifetime now, it's been over a year that things have finally become quite peaceful and everyone in my family are healing at their own pace. Really the biggest thing I've taken from this is to never take the feeling of safety for granted. I think people never really realise that it's a great privilege to feel safe in yourself and the people around you.

:)

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it very much :) it's feels strange to sum up my childhood in a few paragraphs, sometimes I feel quite numb to it, it's weird to think that it happened to me it feels like a different lifetime now, it's been over a year that things have finally become quite peaceful and everyone in my family are healing at their own pace. Really the biggest thing I've taken from this is to never take the feeling of safety for granted. I think people never really realise that it's a great privilege to feel safe in yourself and the people around you.

:)
And your profile pic. Is that Skyline gondola?

You should write a book!
haha! I truly think my family would disown me. As it is now whenever they ask me things I always struggle to give the most sanitised version possible while still telling the truth. Which is kind of crazy because what are they going to do...ground me and take away my car?!

Still though, I even went so far after my son was born to write a second set of journals. I've kept them since I was 9 and carried the whole lot of them while living in multiple countries but figured just in case I carked it before he was an adult I didn't want him to read everything yet. So while he was in NICU and then SCN I spent all my time writing a second set replicating the first - including trying to attempt dodgy teenage handwriting - so that until he's 30 he'll never know just how much of a nutter his mother really is. It's actually a clause in our will. If I should die from now until he turns 29, he gets the fake journals. If I should die after he turns 3o he gets the real ones plus the cleaned up ones. I figure by then he'll not only have had enough therapy to deal with this nutbag mother of his but he would've experienced enough of life (and hopefully got my and Mr B's sense of humour) to deal accordingly. I'm far from perfect but when I love, I love with a sick loyalty and passion so I'm hoping he'll understand why I felt the need to Glen20 things for him.

Last edited:
It's really hard to think of things because I've lived a bit of a crazy life

I was in the army for 3 years and it really was the closest experience to BB I think I could've had without going on BB. Mobile phones weren't around back then, no Internet, shipped off to the other side of the country for 3 months at 17. It taught me a lot about what I know people are capable of - good and bad - when no one is watching and also how strong I was. I started off as the biggest spoiled cry baby wimp (SHOCKER) but at our Basic Training awards I scored most likely to surprise, most likely to make you laugh when you felt like crying and strongest chick per pound!!

I almost died after giving birth but the Drs didn't realise I was having issues so let me self discharge on the day. If it weren't for our dog barking so loudly she scared my neighbours into getting the police to bust our door down, I would've bled to death at home after being passed out for 18hrs while Mr B was in NICU with our son. He assumed I had went home for a shower and had passed out after 4 days with no sleep but it was I had went home, had a shower and started to bleed like a mother fucker so I passed out in there for all that time.

A friend stole her mother's car and picked up three of us so we could take a run over the border to the US and buy cheap shit on a school day. She didn't have her driver's license so when we finally got busted in the US, I took the fall for the whole thing and ended up with a charge of joyriding.

An ex's mother blamed me for her husband's sudden heart attack and death when I broke up with her son. She said I was a man killer because he would've been so distraught that my 19yo self broke up with this guy. Turns out he had hardened arteries and other stuff but she was convinced I killed her husband.

The "pot plant thief" here in Melb made me laugh as we used to do that as kids, along with raiding gardens for fresh carrots and cucumbers, but we'd redeposit the pot plants we stole at less schmick houses so they could spruce things up. Along with a post it note saying "don't take the blame, it's US" like we were some supercool group and we'd write my mom's work ph number if they had any questions. No bueno.

I was filmed in the ad that was showing the first ATM ever being used in Canada... "it's so easy even this kid can do it" and it was reused throughout Europe

Got suspended from school for suspected acid use (true) because I stayed at the pencil sharpener for the whole 45 mins of the class trying to sharpen anything people would chuck at me - so more their fault than mine, really

Made it through 5th grade art by just drawing trees. Upside down triangle ones. Teacher told me from day dot that I was shit so if I just drew trees for every assignment and didn't disrupt the class she'd give me a B+
I always knew you were quite the character :)
I also always knew you were a strong woman.
You are one incredible person Mrs b

@Sweetgeek Every one of us can pinpoint moments and make them quirky quips or whatever but to have lived - even the most sheltered life possible - is to have dove head first in the trenches.

I am lucky that I always knew my parents had my back - whether financially or because they had a bit clout where we lived - so I could run wild. But to this day I always believe go... go with your heart, your gut, your feet... just go. Unless you have the worst luck ever you won't die and while I won't always condone or even respect what you do, I want people to LIVE. I've had mishaps and blunders and charges and disappointments but I've always felt and learned so I could feel alive.

Now being with Mr B and having a kid and doing all the stuff you're supposed to... sometimes I wonder if the fun Mrs B has been lost. And I miss her, A LOT. But she hasn't been forgotten... she's still there being cheeky where she can without hurting peoples' feelings as best as possible. I think it's important to remember and even better - celebrate - yourself because there will be a day where you'll no longer exist. It makes me cry to even think about that one day there'll be a world that my son meets a new friend and I'll be dead or even a new book comes out that I will never get the chance to read. BUT... if you live it the best you can whatever your best is, then you've honoured the life you've been given. I've been a bit of a prat but I love my life... then, now, tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
Shadow2-

Is your dad still alive now?

@Sweetgeek Every one of us can pinpoint moments and make them quirky quips or whatever but to have lived - even the most sheltered life possible - is to have dove head first in the trenches.

I am lucky that I always knew I had my parents back - whether financially or because they had a bit clout where we lived - so I could run wild. But to this day I always believe go... go with your heart, your gut, your feet... just go. Unless you have the worst luck ever you won't die and while I won't always condone or even respect what you do, I want people to LIVE. I've had mishaps and blunders and charges and disappointments but I've always felt and learned so I could feel alive.

Now being with Mr B and having a kid and doing all the stuff you're supposed to... sometimes I wonder if the fun Mrs B has been lost. And I miss her, A LOT. But she hasn't been forgotten... she's still there being cheeky where she can without hurting peoples' feelings as best as possible. I think it's important to remember and even better - celebrate - yourself because there will be a day where you'll no longer exist. It makes me cry to even think about that one day there'll be a world that my son meets a new friend and I'll be dead or even a new book comes out that I will never get the chance to read. BUT... if you live it the best you can whatever your best is, then you've honoured the life you've been given. I've been a bit of a prat but I love my life... then, now, tomorrow. :)

Sage words.

My mum was diagnosed with a brain tumour when I found out I was pregnant with my son.
She passed away when he was 3 months old. She was told she'd only have a few months to live without treatment so did a course of radiation. I think she lived longer so she could meet my son. Hardest part was not having my mum there when I had my son because she was in a nursing home .

I goto myer and ask for samples of aftershaves and use them as car air fresheners....

I'm a free sample freak!! I go on websites all the time and claim free nappies, tampons, shampoo, creams etc

I've had two babies, naturally, no pain relief and didn't have them both until 41 weeks

I LOVE giving birth !
:dummy1:

I have birthed 2 bubs as well. Both natural. Funny stories behind both. With my second daughter, my waters broke in Target at Pacific Fair on the Gold Coast ( true spin on "cleanup in aisle 5). She was born 3 hrs later. First birth.. different. 37.5hrs( give or take a minute) of labor. I was wheelchair bound at the time (due to the aforementioned MVA) which didn't help matters and the midwife (it was a guy) kept telling me to get up and walk my contractions on. I kept saying through my tears.. I can't I can't!! He called me a baby... and he's heard it before... and told me to just suck it up. When a contraction had passed. I SHOWED him why I literally could NOT walk... from that moment on.. he was near my lap dog..lol apologetic at every turn. As it was a long labor, I "died" for 3 minutes and they did not think my bub would survive as her BP was mega low too. They did her AGPARS 3 times. Like @Mrs Butterface, I am a bleeder. She's fortunate to have had her own "Lassie" on hand. :)

I goto myer and ask for samples of aftershaves and use them as car air fresheners....

You may just qualify for a show called Extreme Cheapskates

@mutleyp is an amateur

Many moons ago (25 years ago) I went on holidays to Europe.

Ended up at Harrods & was shocked with the inflated prices etc, I ended up in the food hall & there was a sign saying you could taste some of the food etc.

Well being on a budget, I thought I would save money & have a taste of everything. (it was lunch time)

After feasting the fruit, cheese, bread rolls, meat etc, I got a tap on the shoulder & I looked up & there were 2 security guards & they told me to leave.

They didn't give me a chance to leave on my own, I was escorted out & told not to come back.

Well I feel a little inspired and brave after mrs b post.

I come from an extremely strict up bringing, and I have always been rebellious at heart, just a good way of doing it at times, others just because haha. Besides the norm of sneaking out late at night, learning to drive all by myself from sneaking the car out, duping my parents of money- I used paint on Microsoft and photocopy old excursion letters from school, change the year, dates, class year and hand them to my parents to get the money for these excursions and have a day off from school while beaching it at bondi. I did these for my friends who had crappy parents and they pretended they were sleeping out when really they just stayed at another friends. These seem fairly normal for most I'm sure. I think my mum knew I always had my own way of doing things and knew there was going to be a day she could not control me so she was tough on me, emotionally, mentally and physically. She had her own world of problems mentally though so I just don't know either I guess.

By the age of 21, I had been in three car accidents (no other cars involved, just me and the car). I would test the limits as far as I could, and I remember a couple of times the car was on just two wheels. I really had no thought to my life. Not because I wanted to hurt myself, but I don't know, There was an element of thrill and excitement and I liked having that control. I thought I was invincible. Thankfully the car accidents were nothing more than the car being beaten up pretty bad (once written off). I also used to drag race with my guy mates too.

Last edited:
Hubby and I were at Brightwater commons and I thought he was walking right next to me,so I grabbed his hand..imagine my shock and horror when I realised it was a complete strange guys hand.....he was surprised too and hubby about pissed himself laughing at me...took me years to live that one down

@mutleyp is an amateur

Many moons ago (25 years ago) I went on holidays to Europe.

Ended up at Harrods & was shocked with the inflated prices etc, I ended up in the food hall & there was a sign saying you could taste some of the food etc.

Well being on a budget, I thought I would save money & have a taste of everything. (it was lunch time)

After feasting the fruit, cheese, bread rolls, meat etc, I got a tap on the shoulder & I looked up & there were 2 security guards & they told me to leave.

They didn't give me a chance to leave on my own, I was escorted out & told not to come back.

When I was younger my dad and I would do this a lot, he was living overseas so I only saw him infrequently but whenever I did we would go and get a whole heap of free samples from the supermarket for lunch. Then one day we went and they had pretty much stopped with the samples, devastating.

Back