Skip to main content

Benjamin HM 2012 - Officially joins Behind Big Brother.

Hey Ben,
Great to see another winner/past HM on here

Quick question if you have time or care,
If you could of picked a era to be on BB.
Would it be channel 10 or 9?

And don't regret anything that you have done, what's done is done.
Think, grow, and move on

Eww @ this thread.

Abby-Lee-Miller-Dance-Moms.gif

You people disappoint me. This guy was a mean bully who didn't even deserve to be in the house at all, let alone win.

2012 is officially the worst season of Big Brother history.

Thank you @Benjamin2012HM and your bully crew Michael, Stacey, Josh and Zoe for making one of my favourite TV shows which I have followed since 2001 into one of the worst and mean spirited Big Brother seasons of all time.

Oh and by the way I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

I'm going to put you on ignore and ignore the rest of the thread. I don't want to communicate with someone like you.

And have fun kissing Ben's ass everyone. Seems we'd admire just about anyone who has been a ex-HM. :rolleyes:

Hey Ben, could you tell us more about your auditions in 2002, 2006, and 2007. E.g. who from those seasons you auditioned with and whether or not you have formed friends with any housemates from those seasons?

Hi @Benjamin2012HM ...Ben supporter ..., you gave me plenty of laughs in a house full of fakes and gameplayers.
But I was mainly ambivalent, just cruising and enjoying the fights and passion from a distance.

Posters are forgetting Michael was the real crashing bore and villian of 2012.

I could not get into the arguments and debates going on here 2012, there was too much that looked like bullshit BB to me.
How manipulated do you feel the show was is?
They are clearly taking it to a sitcom/soapy format and distancing the original concept, did you feel that?

Can you give us insider goss now?
Do they have you curtailed by contracts, for how long?

How do they really treat HMs, some are clearly favourites, ie Bradley and Ben 2013.
Who is Estelle really? I have no clue from watching her on TV.

Can you tell us about sneaky stuff, please:)

We all have those moments.

Thank fucking God the majority of us don't have 18 cameras on us taping when it does!

I am a firm believer in measuring people by their best moments and not their worst, my opinion, your best moments outdid your worst by 76:1

You are a good egg.

If I was in the house australia would have hated me
EStelle made me uncomfortable and I wasn't even there!

I reached out to Tim who simply ignored me me. I was told by people that he felt any acknowledgement of my existence would affect his chances of a media career. He considered me to be a failure and multiple housemates from his season told me that Tim thought I was a Massive loser. Drew even showed me his phone with a message from Tim saying I was a massive loser. - I was hurt because I supported Tim on the show.

Eww @ this thread.

Abby-Lee-Miller-Dance-Moms.gif

You people disappoint me. This guy was a mean bully who didn't even deserve to be in the house at all, let alone win.

2012 is officially the worst season of Big Brother history.

Thank you @Benjamin2012HM and your bully crew Michael, Stacey, Josh and Zoe for making one of my favourite TV shows which I have followed since 2001 into one of the worst and mean spirited Big Brother seasons of all time.

Oh and by the way I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

I'm going to put you on ignore and ignore the rest of the thread. I don't want to communicate with someone like you.

And have fun kissing Ben's ass everyone. Seems we'd admire just about anyone who has been a ex-HM. :rolleyes:

Lucas just because you feel offended and outraged, doesn't mean you are right.

I disagree with you.

I didn't think Ben was a bully. I thought Ben was a gossip, and as a devout gossip myself I could identify with his gossipfests with his friends.

In fact I have a group in here I PM with, and we often gossip about fellow BBB users, some of our gossip is down right toxic. The only difference is, you all don't get to see them. The BB house strips you of privacy, when private conversations become public, that is where trouble starts.

The house is an extraordinary environment, it shows you warts and all. It is a fish bowel where your weakness and worst moments make the show and your best moment lie on the cutting room floor. It shocks me that so many of you idiots can't see that.

Hey Ben,
Great to see another winner/past HM on here
Quick question if you have time or care,
If you could of picked a era to be on BB.
Would it be channel 10 or 9?

And don't regret anything that you have done, what's done is done.
Think, grow, and move on
*Insert @mutleyp's standing ovation gif.

While I wasnt a big supporter of you Ben,
You were yourself, you didn't "put" it on for the cameras
You were honest and true to yourself.

Out of the final 5, you were my favourite and the one I wanted to win

I made friends with the Melbourne lawyer girl who was evicted early in 2002. Can't remember her name now. She wore a black turtle next sweater At her eviction. Can anyone remember her?

Lucas just because you feel offended and outraged, doesn't mean you are right.

I disagree with you.

I didn't think Ben was a bully. I thought Ben was a gossip, and as a devout gossip myself I could identify with his gossipfests with his friends.

In fact I have a group in here I PM with, and we often gossip about fellow BBB users, some of our gossip is down right toxic. The only difference is, you all don't get to see them. The BB house strips you of privacy, when private conversations become public, that is where trouble starts.

The house is an extraordinary environment, it shows you warts and all. It is a fish bowel where your weakness and worst moments make the show and your best moment lie on the cutting room floor. It shocks me that so many of you idiots can't see that.

Damn that's immature??
You guys just sit there gossiping about other members? No life or?

I reached out to Tim who simply ignored me me. I was told by people that he felt any acknowledgement of my existence would affect his chances of a media career. He considered me to be a failure and multiple housemates from his season told me that Tim thought I was a Massive loser. Drew even showed me his phone with a message from Tim saying I was a massive loser. - I was hurt because I supported Tim on the show.

Let it all out. Here. Bury ha

ibuN7SgBWzTxXM.gif

Actually, @Benjamin2012HM I do have a question for you. I asked this same question to @Timdormer but he never replied to it, so I was wondering if you might be interested in it.

As you have mentioned, you've watched and auditioned for Big Brother for many years prior to 2012 and you obviously share a love for the show that I, as well as the rest of us here, also do. The majority of us are avid, diehard fans of BB who have also watched it day in, day out since 2001 and in turn have watched the BBAU franchise evolve in a number of different ways over the years since its inception, both in good ways and in bad. But as we all know, the Big Brother we have today isn't exactly the same Big Brother we originally had six years ago, not only due to the varied public's perception of it nowadays but also due to the level of content we now receive by the program.

While an understandable change, the current format of Channel 9's self-proclaimed "family-friendly" nature of Big Brother has been subjected to a varied response among fans due to the fact that a lot of the content aired during the Daily Shows often seems contrived and "scripted" in the sense that sometimes we feel as though the producers are trying to manipulate circumstances to the point where they don't feel honest enough. What are your thoughts on this? There have been far too many instances since Channel 9 took over Big Brother where it felt as though the producers weren't giving (or were too afraid to let) the HM's react and do things by their own accord, therefore creating situations to purport the entertainment themselves. This has become increasingly obvious every year that the programme airs on Channel 9 and I felt like the occasional Diary Room Dilemma's from last year, among other examples, became one of several instances of this.

I'm asking because because, as you know, the original concept of Big Brother was to isolate a bunch of people and let them converse with one another in a true, untouched environment, as opposed to one that has been forced upon them. The creation of the Little Sister spin-off during your season, as well as last year's Late Night Feast, turned me the wrong way because they seemed to go against everything the show was originally about. Don't get me wrong, I am totally grateful that Channel 9 finally allowed Big Brother some leniency in giving viewers some "mature" content (both last year and even this year so far), however the limitations of Late Night Feast's weekly event created what felt like a very artificial atmosphere to me. Rather than airing natural discussions or conversations of the same level between HM's from various points throughout the season (which I'm sure there was plenty of!), they opted to go for a weekly party that consisted of the exact same structure every week and prompted the HM's with preempted questions to "get the ball rolling".

So, what I'm curious to know is how did going into the Big Brother house with the knowledge that the Channel 9 version was slightly more "filtered", so to speak, rather than as open and free as the original Channel 10 series affect your time in there? Did being in the house in 2012 live up to any expectations you may have had when you first auditioned for Big Brother or when you were shortlisted in the past? And did it affect the way you played the game, especially under the presumption that no live feeds meant a lot of what you could be saying/doing might not have reached the public at all?

P.S. I past you once at Greyhound in Melbourne and I only realised it was you literally moments after we walked by each other. So this is me saying hi now! :p

I c no lies to be honest...

+1 tim
0 ben

I made friends with the Melbourne lawyer girl who was evicted early in 2002. Can't remember her name now. She wore a black turtle next sweater At her eviction. Can anyone remember her?
Katrina?

I used to love her back then... til I recently re-watched that season and realised just how much of an over-emotional wreck she was. :p

Back