Skip to main content

Talk to Timdormer (yes it's really me)

Hi Tim! I loved it on your fake birthday when you were in the Diary Room begging BB for supplies and you started whisper-laughing about how Ed was wearing eyeliner in anticipation of your fake party, I still lol about it, you were so gleeful and he looked so hopeful and tragic. You were such great fun.

hey Tim was their any real contact with the outside world we never saw? on the show were you told what to say at all in the house? are you and Ben still Gracelanding and South Americing? you 2 were the perfect couple hahahaha

brother ˈbrʌðə/
noun
  1. a man or boy in relation to other sons and daughters of his parents
oooh, awkward... :S

Do you know the origins of the term "Big Brother" at all?

Big Brother
noun
informal
  1. a person or organization exercising total control over people's lives.
    "Big Brother will be watching you from this week when spy cameras start to operate in Essex"
Oooh, awkward.

Do you know the origins of the term "Big Brother" at all?

Big Brother
noun
informal
  1. a person or organization exercising total control over people's lives.
    "Big Brother will be watching you from this week when spy cameras start to operate in Essex"
Oooh, awkward.
For the purpose of the show I think fans prefer it to be one ( I'm aware it's not physically possible for one man to be available 24/7 but voices of different BB sounding alike helps) male authoritative low pitch voice, it works better that way.

Do you not know the origins of INGSOC in his avatar at all?

If he knew the origins of what was in his avatar he'd know that "Big Brother" is a genderless organisation in control and authority. While there is a male voice in the show, and that the website team for the BB OS keep referring to "Mrs Big Brother", "Big Brother" is not a man nor woman.

If he knew the origins of what was in his avatar he'd know that "Big Brother" is a genderless organisation in control and authority. While there is a male voice in the show, and that the website team for the BB OS keep referring to "Mrs Big Brother", "Big Brother" is not a man nor woman.

lol no. youre so wrong you dont even know it.
try reading the book.
(thats "Ninteen Eighty-Four" by George Orwell btw)

Welcome Tim! You were surely one of my favs last year. Give us some dish on the new housemates without revealing what you shouldn't! Haha ;) Maybe an update on their personalities if you know?

G'day!
First off, yes it's the real Tim Dormer. Just wanted to stop by and say I share your excitement about the new series starting in a few weeks!!

Before I went into the house last year I used to check this forum daily for any news on what to expect...haha I actually found out some big goss (the jade and drew pretend marriage storyline here), that got Alex a bit scared when I told him in lockdown!!

From season 1, I've always loved how interactive Big Brother is and I'm a huge advocate for the role forums like this play in facilitating discussion on the social experiment that is big brother. Anyway just wanted to say I've always been a big fan of your work (even though I hear not all of you were not big fans of mine!) Last year I played the game hard because I knew people like you would be critiquing me! This year I get to watch my favourite show as a fan again and like you, I'll be eagerly hoping for an entertaining series!! Looking forward to watching it with you guys!

As for how much I know about the new season...let's just say I've already been told to keep my mouth shut, (and Alex if you're reading this I promised I'd be good!).

Would love to chat, shoot me your questions about last years or the upcoming series and I'll try give you the juicy bits without getting into trouble!
Tim. X
Hi @Timdormer, I actually have a question I'd like to ask. I kinda spent all day at work thinking of something legit I'd like to ask you so I didn't come off sounding like a knob by saying something dumb. :p But in all seriousness...

You mentioned that you've watched Big Brother since the first season therefore you obviously share a love for the show that I, as well as the rest of us here, also do. The majority of us are avid, diehard fans of BB who have watched it day in, day out since 2001 and in turn have watched the BBAU franchise evolve in a number of different ways over the years since its inception, both in good ways and in bad. But as we all know, the Big Brother we have today isn't exactly the same Big Brother we originally had six years ago, not only due to the varied public's perception of it nowadays but also due to the level of content we now receive by the program.

While an understandable change, the current format of Channel 9's self-proclaimed "family-friendly" nature of Big Brother has been subjected to a varied response among fans due to the fact that a lot of the content aired during the Daily Shows often seems contrived and "scripted" in the sense that sometimes we feel as though the producers are trying to manipulate circumstances to the point where they don't feel honest enough. There have been far too many instances since Channel 9 took over Big Brother where it felt as though the producers weren't giving (or were too afraid to let) the HM's react and do things by their own accord, therefore creating situations to purport the entertainment themselves. I felt like the occasional Diary Room Dilemma's became one of several examples of this.

The original concept of Big Brother was to isolate a bunch of people and let them converse with one another in a true, untouched environment, as opposed to one that has been forced upon them. Another example of this was the creation of last year's spin-off Late Night Feast. Don't get me wrong, I am totally grateful that Channel 9 finally allowed Big Brother some leniency in giving viewers some "mature" content, however the limitations of that weekly event created what felt like a very artificial atmosphere to me. Rather than airing natural discussions or conversations of the same level between HM's from various points throughout the season (which I'm sure there was plenty of!), they opted to go for a weekly party that consisted of the exact same structure every week and prompted you guys with preempted questions to "get the ball rolling".

So, what I'm curious to know is how did going into the Big Brother house with the knowledge that the Channel 9 version was slightly more "filtered", so to speak, rather than as open and free as the original Channel 10 series affect your time in there? Did it affect the way you played the game, especially under the presumption that no live feeds meant a lot of what you could be saying/doing might not have reached the public at all? And did being in the house in 2013 live up to any expectations you may have had when you first auditioned for Big Brother (whether that had been in 2012 or in a prior year)? This is actually something I wouldn't mind asking @BBB12winner too.

Reading your posts about how you spent a lot of time constructing how you interacted with your fellow HM's and how you got involved with certain "storylines" reminds me a lot of BB05's Tim Brunero's game plan, which he revealed a couple years ago. He has said that he acted in a very preconceived way in the house, particularly towards the end, where he made sure he was always a main character among the cast of HM's to ensure that he was constantly seen by the public, gauging our responses during any live crosses to work out who was liked and who wasn't, and by resorting to made-up songs or funny acts to keep the house entertained - and also entertaining. I am actually currently re-watching the 2005 season of BB and his behaviour is really quite evident now that I have the foreknowledge to look out for it.

I think you and he handled your times in the house very similarly, but at the same time in different ways, and I congratulate you on how well you did so. It seems to be a winning gameplan (no pun intended ;) ) for BBAU HM's - if done properly, of-course - as both of you made it to the Finale.

Being in the house, are the storylines as clearly identifiable to you guys as they are to us, who are viewers of the edited Daily Show where the developments are obviously structured within a 40-minute episode, as opposed to your full 24-hour days on the inside? For example, one major storyline last year was the painstakingly drawn out Jade/Ed saga, but exactly how prominent was that whole situation to you on the inside as it was made out to be for us here on the outside?

On a side note, one of my favourite moments from you was when you analysed your past and present HM's with the rocks - a very clever insight into how perceptive you were/are of others and of your thought processes. (I tried to hunt down a YouTube clip of it but I couldn't find it, but here's a thread from last year of members discussing it after it aired: http://www.behindbigbrother.com/forums/threads/tims-rocks.50629/ )

All in all, sorry for this incredibly long post :p , I am just extremely interested in knowing more about what life was like inside the house direct from the source. :)

Ed; with his hips and his hops, and his 'footy'... Tim, just gonna say high *fanboys*, how do you put up with ed and can you describe the smell of the house and how many items/ clothing are you slowed to bring into the house? (sorry, keepin it real)

I genuinely appreciate that you wan't to know the smell of the house because really what is more important?
I mean I toured it after the 2008 season but I feel like it would smell of mist and success. no?

And really, @tw2g , Big Brother is genderless in Nineteen Eighty-Four. He represents the powers that be. So, in the book and in society he represents the collaboration of higher powers, and in the TV show he represents the collaboration of the producers and the network.

And really, @tw2g , Big Brother is genderless in Nineteen Eighty-Four. He represents the powers that be. So, in the book and in society he represents the collaboration of higher powers, and in the TV show he represents the collaboration of the producers and the network.
Genderless yet you keep referring to Big Brother as 'he'

Haha. O_O

Just found out about this thread. Tim, you were a great housemate and its really nice of you to answer questions.

You were really well liked on this forum during your time in the house. My friend, even though he wasn't a big fan on yours, still respected you for the way you played the game and thought you were a worthy winner.

Back