Skip to main content

Anyone else warming to Trav?

I thought in The Treehouse they had decided to nominate Sandra and Jason? anyway were going to target HM's that had not been up already..

just checked and Travis nominated
3-Sandra
2-Jason
Cat
3-Sam
5-Priya
Probably. I just particularly remember them saying Jason, because I agreed he was sitting on the fence.

I think Cat's are a little irrelevant, like I mean, not what they discussed because she used her nominations to try and take Travis out of the red in which she was nearly successful.

2rfv4ad.jpg

I really like him. The more I watch him, the better I understand him.

We are individual, just like everybody else. And to me, Travis represents the jockish Aussie bogan. Good heart, honest, limited vocabulary, can lift a car with one hand, can identify every NRL player of 2014, works hard and is as smart as a box of rocks.

We are individual, just like everybody else. And to me, Travis represents the jockish Aussie bogan. Good heart, honest, limited vocabulary, can lift a car with one hand, can identify every NRL player of 2014, works hard and is as smart as a box of rocks.
He's from Melbourne. He wouldn't be able to recognise Todd Carney if he were taking a slash in his mouth.

Travis has his personality flaws, but I think he's just a genuine and honest bloke, who does try and be a decent bloke.

It frustrates me that now, 4 weeks or whatever in, people are still labelling him as selfish, obnoxious, arrogant etc. I mean, it was noted he was trying his best to do more work to compensate for the hotel challenge.

I mean, the bloke isn't the smartest tool in the shed, but so what? However, I respect the guy's opinion, a lot of his opinions I agree with, he's just not very articulate and concise with what he wants to say.

For example in the Friday's ep thread he goes "you can't help what the heart wants..... in confined spaces". Now, someone can just laugh at that and go, stupid Trav, but I'm pretty sure he means, you can't help what you're feeling particularly in the Big Brother house (confined space), which is true.

I may need to retract that previous comment. I've scanned through the last 2 daily shows & haven't been able to find the moment where Travis said what I think he said. I did however find this:
Trav: You can't help what the heart wants.
Priya: Yes you can.
Trav:....sorry, I mean you can't help what the heart wants *in confined spaces*
lol classic Trav!
?

He means you can't help what the heart wants in the Big Brother house, because there's nowhere to escape.

Travis has his personality flaws, but I think he's just a genuine and honest bloke, who does try and be a decent bloke.

It frustrates me that now, 4 weeks or whatever in, people are still labelling him as selfish, obnoxious, arrogant etc. I mean, it was noted he was trying his best to do more work to compensate for the hotel challenge.

I mean, the bloke isn't the smartest tool in the shed, but so what? However, I respect the guy's opinion, a lot of his opinions I agree with, he's just not very articulate and concise with what he wants to say.

For example in the Friday's ep thread he goes "you can't help what the heart wants..... in confined spaces". Now, someone can just laugh at that and go, stupid Trav, but I'm pretty sure he means, you can't help what you're feeling particularly in the Big Brother house (confined space), which is true.

I get what you are saying, but you need to recognise that he is selfish, obnoxious and arrogant. And there is nothing wrong with that. We are all flawed in one way or another, the secret to personality success is balance. And his good points far outweigh his challenging traits in my opinion.

I get what you are saying, but you need to recognise that he is selfish, obnoxious and arrogant. And there is nothing wrong with that. We are all flawed in one way or another, the secret to personality success is balance. And his good points far outweigh his challenging traits in my opinion.
I disagree.

I'm sure he has exuded selfish, obnoxious and arrogant traits at times in the BB house, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that is what he is.

I dunno, maybe I'm just a little less quick to judge, because I've had these arguments before where I prefer to wait for more evidence before I'm ready to label someone x y and z :p

However, I would label Sam, Sandra, Ryan and Lawson all as condescending. I would label Sandra as grouchy and a negative person. These are things that I've seen enough of, where I go, yeah, this is a big part of their character.

I disagree.

I'm sure he has exuded selfish, obnoxious and arrogant traits at times in the BB house, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that is what he is.

I dunno, maybe I'm just a little less quick to judge, because I've had these arguments before where I prefer to wait for more evidence before I'm ready to label someone x y and z :p

However, I would label Sam, Sandra, Ryan and Lawson all as condescending. I would label Sandra as grouchy and a negative person. These are things that I've seen enough of, where I go, yeah, this is a big part of their character.

You should have quit while you were ahead.

That post makes no sense.

If you exude a personality trait, that makes you guilty of that trait. To frequently exude obnoxious behaviours, then deny it is a personality trait makes as much sense as Vanilla Coke.

In one sentence you a priding yourself on your non judgmental nature and that you take time to know someone before you label them, then in the next you are labeling and judging 4 housemates, who you have watched for the same amount of time as you have watched Travis!

You should have quit while you were ahead.

That post makes no sense.

If you exude a personality trait, that makes you guilty of that trait. To frequently exude obnoxious behaviours, then deny it is a personality trait makes as much sense as Vanilla Coke.

In one sentence you a priding yourself on your non judgmental nature and that you take time to know someone before you label them, then in the next you are labeling and judging 4 housemates, who you have watched for the same amount of time as you have watched Travis!
Exude was the wrong choice of word.

What I meant was, displaying a trait infrequently (not what exude means), which everyone does.

I never said I prided myself on it, I was stating that our opinions may differ because of it, because it's an argument I've had beforehand where someone goes "so and so is this" and I'm not convinced just yet.

And yes, I am judging the 4 housemates because in that same amount of time I've seen those traits I've described before moreso than I've seen selfishness, being obnoxious and arrogance from Travis.

?

He means you can't help what the heart wants in the Big Brother house, because there's nowhere to escape.
oh is that what he meant? well, why didn't he just say that then? we get it, you like Travis, it doesn't mean you need to defend everything he says or does or critique everybody who has a differing opinion on him.

Reactions: Tee
oh is that what he meant? well, why didn't he just say that then? we get it, you like Travis, it doesn't mean you need to defend everything he says or does or critique everybody who has a differing opinion on him.
Like I said previously, because the bloke's not as articulate and concise, but in my opinion, that's what he was trying to say.

Yes, I like Travis, and no I don't defend everything he says or does.

I'm applying a different perspective to a discussion.

Shiiit, here I thought this was supposed to be a discussion. My, how forums change so quickly.

I generally don't enjoy the stereotype that Travis was probably put in to portray in the Big Brother house, but since last week have found myself warming to him more and more. He seems a little like a lost puppy, appears to be very innocent and doesn't exactly play the game (just lets his heart do the thinking for him, ie hanging out with Aisha all the time even when katie etc didn't like it, sticking up for Aisha even though there wasn't anything in it for him and probably would have put him in the firing line for Sam and other HM's noms) - he also seems to have good morals (ie when he was saying that he wouldn't even go into the sanctuary if a girl asked him and he had a girl on the outside.

I don't know, the more I see of him, the more I end up liking him (which is strange).

He's growing on me. I feel that he's pretty genuine most of the time. Not overly smart, not my fave, but his heart is (sometimes) in the right place, and hey let's face it, if you tune out his spoken words he's ok and not too bad to look at ;)

Is it strange that I read your post and felt amused at the thought of Travis growing on David's beard? LOL

Last edited:
Like I said previously, because the bloke's not as articulate and concise, but in my opinion, that's what he was trying to say.

Yes, I like Travis, and no I don't defend everything he says or does.

I'm applying a different perspective to a discussion.

Shiiit, here I thought this was supposed to be a discussion. My, how forums change so quickly.
What do you think of your boy Travis after tonight?

I am warming to Travis too. Yes everyone has a bad side. Tonight Ryan was a complete and utter wanker. Mate if you can't take it, don't give it. Travis might be super close to his aunty so why not say the same about your sister. I don't like the wanker gang at all (Sam, Ryan and Lawson). So Travis might not be the smartest guy there. At least he actually feels bad afterwards. All Ryan and Sam do is puff their chests and bitch like crazy about how wrong Travis is. If Ryan had said shit like that about my family I would of totally said the same thing. Ryan brings absolutely nothing but bitchiness. I hate people who say stuff and get it stuff thrown back at them, then have a cry about it. I also don't like people who tell others "you are so lucky I would absolutely drop you". Grow up.

Back