Skip to main content

Anyone else warming to Trav?

What do you think of your boy Travis after tonight?
Haven't gotten around to watching it.

But on another forum, people are saying it was Ryan in the wrong? So a little perplexed at the comments here, but then again, I don't know the situation and will make my own opinion when I watch it.

Apparently Travis said some game was boring, Ryan said not as boring as fucking your Auntie, and then Travis retorted with, I prefer fucking your sister?

Travis is alright, yeah okay he's a bit rough around the edges but he has a good heart and I reckon he would be a really loyal mate in the real world. He can be really short with people at times and sometimes he gets offended when he doesn't need to be I have noticed that. But he isn't stupid, he knows what's going on in the house and he feels a little left out the boys have pushed him away because he has developed a relationship with Aisha. He sees that as unfair and yeah he's stinging from it a little because he thought these guys were his mates (especially Ryan). You can tell he wears his heart on his sleeve and he is a bit of an emotional young man which I can totally relate to. He has a big heart though and he's 100% genuine. I would have a beer with him anytime.

What do you think of your boy Travis after tonight?
Okay, so I watched it, and here are my thoughts.

Travis was completely fine. I mean, if you want to be outraged by what he said about "preferring to fuck Ryan's sister", then surely you have to be equally outraged at what Ryan said? If not moreso as well, considering it was a completely unnecessary jab by Ryan.

And don't give me this bullshit about some colloquial term. I'm sure it is one, but myself and a lot of others don't know it, and I'm sure Travis wouldn't know it either (and no, this doesn't mean he's uneducated).

And it was Ryan who wanted to punch on. I mean, Travis has been branded as some sort of neanderthal by people on this forum, specifically saying he would punch on with anyone ala Sam incident, where here it was Ryan who had to be held back and Travis just stood there.

Also, you need to look at the conversation between Travis and Aisha. It was then, Travis realised that his friendship with Ryan was over. Which is a little disheartening to see, because a lot of us as viewers would know, that that friendship was over LONG ago from Ryan's point of view, whereas Travis has only realised it now.

In fact, David has clearly stated that Ryan has been dishing snide comments at Travis more than just once. Ryan has acknowledged it and gone "yeah but, we were getting along fine". Sounds like a classic bully line to me. Ryan seems to think his behaviour is okay, because Travis never bit back before.... yeah well, that's what happens when you continue to test someone!

Actually, I completely disagree with Travis. He should not be apologising. He was not wrong in that situation.

Okay, so I watched it, and here are my thoughts.

Travis was completely fine. I mean, if you want to be outraged by what he said about "preferring to fuck Ryan's sister", then surely you have to be equally outraged at what Ryan said? If not moreso as well, considering it was a completely unnecessary jab by Ryan.

And don't give me this bullshit about some colloquial term. I'm sure it is one, but myself and a lot of others don't know it, and I'm sure Travis wouldn't know it either (and no, this doesn't mean he's uneducated).

And it was Ryan who wanted to punch on. I mean, Travis has been branded as some sort of neanderthal by people on this forum, specifically saying he would punch on with anyone ala Sam incident, where here it was Ryan who had to be held back and Travis just stood there.

Also, you need to look at the conversation between Travis and Aisha. It was then, Travis realised that his friendship with Ryan was over. Which is a little disheartening to see, because a lot of us as viewers would know, that that friendship was over LONG ago from Ryan's point of view, whereas Travis has only realised it now.

In fact, David has clearly stated that Ryan has been dishing snide comments at Travis more than just once. Ryan has acknowledged it and gone "yeah but, we were getting along fine". Sounds like a classic bully line to me. Ryan seems to think his behaviour is okay, because Travis never bit back before.... yeah well, that's what happens when you continue to test someone!

Actually, I completely disagree with Travis. He should not be apologising. He was not wrong in that situation.
Travis isn't stupid he knew Ryan was being a dick on purpose but Travis is not going to just let a guy put him on show in front of the entire country. He was brought up to stand up for himself and not be afraid of people. He comes from a good family no doubt! I only wish I were there to just say "Travis you don't have to apologise or feel bad mate, your reaction was completely normal. Ryan was just acting like class A Peanarse".

I just want to add also that Ryan can threaten Travis all he wants but he all know Travis would be the one who "DROPS" Ryan. Not the other way around as Ryan would like to believe.

I only wish I were there to just say "Travis you don't have to apologise or feel bad mate, your reaction was completely normal. Ryan was just acting like class A Peanarse".

That's exactly how I feel too. Actually, surely Travis doesn't believe what he did was so bad- it was only tit for tat. I think his perceived friendship with Ryan is more important to him than who was right and who was wrong. It takes a very strong person to make that choice. Good on him.

That's exactly how I feel too. Actually, surely Travis doesn't believe what he did was so bad- it was only tit for tat. I think his perceived friendship with Ryan is more important to him than who was right and who was wrong. It takes a very strong person to make that choice. Good on him.
The thing is, when people get offended, you feel like you've done something wrong, when objectively, you've done nothing wrong.

Just look at how the situation played out. Ryan says "better than fucking your aunty", everyone laughs. Travis says "I prefer fucking your sister", Ryan gets mad, and then everyone acts like Travis was the one that was in the wrong. With Sam going to Travis "you took it too far".

People feel like they've done something wrong when there is a victim in the situation, even when Ryan brought it onto himself.

Another example is when Travis had a chat to Sam. He was painted as a bad bloke by Aisha, because it was Sam who was offended by it, and made it seem like it was a bad thing to do, when it was actually harmless.

The thing is, when people get offended, you feel like you've done something wrong, when objectively, you've done nothing wrong.

Just look at how the situation played out. Ryan says "better than fucking your aunty", everyone laughs. Travis says "I prefer fucking your sister", Ryan gets mad, and then everyone acts like Travis was the one that was in the wrong. With Sam going to Travis "you took it too far".

People feel like they've done something wrong when there is a victim in the situation, even when Ryan brought it onto himself.

Another example is when Travis had a chat to Sam. He was painted as a bad bloke by Aisha, because it was Sam who was offended by it, and made it seem like it was a bad thing to do, when it was actually harmless.
You absolutely hit the nail on the head with those comments. Typical pack mentality but this shit couldn't have happened to a better person. Clearly Travis is more than capable of dealing with such things as he proved last night. He isn't afraid to stand up for himself and although he was made out to be the bad guy, Australia is smart enough to know what REALLY happened! Poor Travis was just being manipulated into feeling guilty. Fuck Cryan! (my first F word for the season).

What a great view on this! I didn't break it down to this at all, and it explains why he seemed hurt when Ryan said they wouldn't be friends on the outside.

Another great interpretation of events! Great insightful comments atm- I'm loving this!

What a great view on this! I didn't break it down to this at all, and it explains why he seemed hurt when Ryan said they wouldn't be friends on the outside.
I don't have a single friend in the real world that would ever say under ANY circumstances "better than fucking your aunty" and I wouldn't do it to any of mine either. It's a hurtful comment and Travis was right to let Ryan know he won't be stood over.

I don't have a single friend in the real world that would ever say under ANY circumstances "better than fucking your aunty" and I wouldn't do it to any of mine either. It's a hurtful comment and Travis was right to let Ryan know he won't be stood over.
Absolutely! I can't even understand how saying something about your aunty is not as bad as saying it about one's sister- makes no sense at all! The comment was made to get under his skin, doesn't matter what is worse at this point, the intention was to bait

Travis can make it far if he realises what he needs to do:

1. Always be the bigger person.
2. Learn how to articulate in a way that his thoughts are clear and can't be used against him.
3. Be strategic, just conversing about how to win or wanting to win
4. Stop holding back, be emotional, be honest and genuine

#TEAMTRAVIS!!!

Moving-picture-mag-lev-mono-rail-train-animated-gif.gif
The Travis train is cruising along nicely.

Back