Skip to main content

2016 Today I...

Survivor you might find interesting people watching - a whole bunch of strangers trying to suss each other out, survive & compete is something i thought you might enjoy.
And I am thoroughly enjoying getting to watch Aussies play, so far they have a lot who are way too ready to leap before they look or can walk.
Some are way too excited at finally getting into this mega game, they are jumpy, they are running around crazy

Survivor you might find interesting people watching - a whole bunch of strangers trying to suss each other out, survive & compete is something i thought you might enjoy.
And I am thoroughly enjoying getting to watch Aussies play, so far they have a lot who are way too ready to leap before they look or can walk.
Some are way too excited at finally getting into this mega game, they are jumpy, they are running around crazy

I do enjoy people watching....on here.

did some more sand walking today. about 10km I calculated give or take. it was on soft sand not hard. i hope to continue to doing it more in the future. not maybe everyday. but enough times for it to make a difference.

toastmaster time later today. i think i have done the best i can. i mean i know my being toastmaster will be different because i am using it to make jokes so there may be some risk involved. however i do like taking risks in something like toastmasters because deep down i feel confident enough in my writing to be able to do that. and also giving out facts about Tina Arena that one could google would be in my opinion boring and a complete waste of time. so why can't i have a little fun?

Interesting question @reepbot, I am pondering, and will respond after pondering - and probably after Survivor, are you watching ?
This show is very interesting about humans and groups, leaders, followers and lots of dynamic human relations.

well i have been pondering and i think it is hard to try and mke generalized statements to what draws people to one another because of different contextual situations; differing emotions or state of mind for each person; the history of each person and what they have been through both the good and the bad; socio-economic backgrounds; and other things i can't think of at the moment. my point is though that in terms of what draws me to people i can only speak for myself. i am sure there are biology experts who might give out a few theories but right now i want to focus on my layman like intelligence on these matters.

firstly i think what draws me to people is how comfortable they may make me feel. because i think comfort is important to me because then i can let my guard down. and if i let my guard down then i can be more comfortable being their friend. problem is though is that i always have my guard up nearly 24 hours a day. honest truth is i have no friends. toastmaster or some of them could be friends i guess. i don't know. by this i mean i am talking about real life not on here. on here it is easier to unburden the soul. but anyway i think for me at least in real life it can be hard to let one's guard down.

the second thing that draws me to some people and not to others is i have the irresietable urge to be completely honest with them even if it is not in anybody's best interests for me to do so. it is something that i have noticed about myself and am trying to rectify because it can come across as creepy. i can't really say why i do it, but for some reason i feel a reason to tell them everything. too much stuff. too overwhelming. so yeah i think i will have to watch myself about that.

i have been reading online about how you can click with some people and not for others. there wasn't a lot of information regarding friendships because it was mostly about romantic stuff. however what i did find seemed to be more suited to the more extroverted type. which my super introverted nature may mean that any friendship i can have in the future would be a long time in developing.

i will post more tomorrow.

because even though i could click with someone straight away my tendency to not open myself up straight away may lead to missed ooppurtunities if i don't meet this person again. but if i do have oppurtunities to meet this person on a regular basis then that connection may not get lost because of my personality. speaking of personality i read that your personality doesn't really change from the first grade. which i found interesting.

i was also thinking the other day that this forum life is the only life i have. toastmasters is amusing for a while. but my real life is over. kaput. gone. nothing i can do about and that is fine. no one to blame but me. however my internet life will continue to grow strong. i just need to find another forum to express myself along with this one. then i can just download my brain on the computer and sell my body parts to the rich.

Go meet people. It's ... uncomfortable, fun, messy, interesting, distracting, crap/boring-as-batshit/fun, stimulating,... Set boundaries. And go forth.

Go meet people. It's ... uncomfortable, fun, messy, interesting, distracting, crap/boring-as-batshit/fun, stimulating,... Set boundaries. And go forth.

would online count as well. i think i can get my fufillment with online friends.

shopped for meat today. yummy yummy meat. the vegetarian month was fun but i am glad that i didn't end up doing it one day longer. meat is for me and always will be.

toastmasters went awfully. i mean everyone laughed but it still went terrible. i don't know why it went so awful considering the meeting ran smoothly and my jokes went down well. but for some reason it just did. i felt it deep in my bones.

i have not made any real friends yet in toastmasters. i mean i do go to every meeting and talk politely to them. but i never really open up to them. though it is not that kind of meeting. maybe i should open up like i do on here. but i fear that could be a mistake. everyone knows why i opened myself up here and looked how well that worked out. though i think i opened myself up to the wrong person. and not everyone is like that. i think there is nothing wrong with looking weak because that is when you are at your strongest. sometimes humor can be used as a way to guard the more vulnerable emotions like i sometimes do.

i think i am drawn to people who aren't too pushy in their socializing. like those people who prefer to hang back and not rush into things.

or maybe it is just chemistry (one of my favorite subjects!)

joy and joy mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooseface oh dancing dancing i go acrosss the many rows of crows.

life is worth living moooseface

though i may feel differently tomorrow.

Humankind has achieved so much over the centruries, yet I believe we are not halfway done yet. For there is a lot more for humanity to accomplish. Sure we have made outstanding leaps in the field of science, law, art, and technology but there is still much more to be done. That is what excites me: the future. What drives me out of bed. What makes me pull open the blinds. A chance to experience the future. An oppurtunity to see the next new scientific breakthrough that could save millions of lives; a piece of legislation that ends discrimination and suffering for a group of people; a brand new song, television show, or movie that gives a fresh prespective on the experience of life; and a computer that can talk to you like a human. To experience all that, not just imagine it but actually live it would be a dream come true for me.

Dry your tear soaked eyes and follow your heart. We are going on an adventure.

thought of a great toastmasters idea for the contest speech. i mean it really is great when you can think of an idea like that. i just hope i will be able to make it all make logical sense. have a start middle and end. because in my personal opinion there is nothing worse when things do not really make sense schniff schnoof. i won't show my speech here because of prying eyes. because one never knows if ones fellow forum posters are actually top secret toastmaster spies on the lookout for any potentially good toastmasters speeches. i can just imagine them after they finished posting about whoit and whatsit going to their superiors and saying "we gots a right good speech this time aint we guvnor?" and the guvnor goes "oi you slags!you aint going nowhere till you type up those reports. plus the mayor wants to see you!" and the spies go "caw cawwwwww" because they have now turned into crows.

took a walk amongst the night and drifted towards a cloud so bright. oh how do we delight at the night that is so bright?

i love learning about this myers briggs stuff even though i know it is a load of old hokum, a load of utter tosh and not fit for sensible consumption by members of proper society. but i care not one jot for that tommyrot no sir i do not. i think on should be free to follow his heart as one sees fit. and as such i want to embrace my infpness. embrace it in the inner depths of my soul.

OK @reepbot - what draws people to other people, to you to me...............to noooooooooo go away, to oh come closer.
I have a few facts, a few theories, a few experiences, calculations and other stuff:)

Pheromones, chemistry, chemicals
Charisma, charm, good/bad vibes

Physical presence/athleticism, beauty

Openness/curiosity/inquisitiveness/intelligence

Hands/eyes/necks

Sensitivity, elegance/style/grace

Confidence, good humour, expressiveness, clear thinking, clear communication skills

Lots of stuff makes us warm to some, avoid others.
Interesting, when I was first introduced to 200 cousins at a family reunion - it was very apparent there is a familial link and comfort.
We felt we had known each other for years, instantly comfortable and on the same wavelength, a vibe of connection, and a lot of resemblance.

Families and siblings, your place in a family, all that has an effect.
I kept big sistering youngest kids in relationships until I realised watching my boyfriend and sis have eating comps, omg they are the same person, spoilt brats & manipulative.

And have you heard of imprinting? Family stuff again, you tend to partner like a sibling or parent.
And I really wanted a tall dark handsome partner, and every long term partner I have/had is like my younger fair fit sporty brother - my closest sibling.
For some reason in real life people tell me everything - they blurt out EVERYTHING, when I have had colleagues complain they can't get clients to tell them stuff, I have the opposite problem, I can't shut them up - well i can actually I am good at escaping.
Unless it is for work stuff - I hate over sharers, run a mile from people who do that too quickly, dangerous always.

Something to remember - it gets easier as you get older, as you aren't so self conscious and you just don't give a shit anymore.
And - often personality types that are attractive when younger are just tiresome later, ie those bubbly vivacious young people, often end up being attention seeking boring wankers.

And @reepbot I found toastmaster people totally fake and shallow, try volunteering I am telling you you will not regret it.
Do you do anything to make the world a better place? Think about just doing something small even.

Some people just give off wonderful vibes, gentleness, warmth, spirituality - see the Dali Laama:)

OK @reepbot - what draws people to other people, to you to me...............to noooooooooo go away, to oh come closer.
I have a few facts, a few theories, a few experiences, calculations and other stuff:)

Pheromones, chemistry, chemicals
Charisma, charm, good/bad vibes

Physical presence/athleticism, beauty

Openness/curiosity/inquisitiveness/intelligence

Hands/eyes/necks

Sensitivity, elegance/style/grace

Confidence, good humour, expressiveness, clear thinking, clear communication skills

Lots of stuff makes us warm to some, avoid others.
Interesting, when I was first introduced to 200 cousins at a family reunion - it was very apparent there is a familial link and comfort.
We felt we had known each other for years, instantly comfortable and on the same wavelength, a vibe of connection, and a lot of resemblance.

Families and siblings, your place in a family, all that has an effect.
I kept big sistering youngest kids in relationships until I realised watching my boyfriend and sis have eating comps, omg they are the same person, spoilt brats & manipulative.

And have you heard of imprinting? Family stuff again, you tend to partner like a sibling or parent.
And I really wanted a tall dark handsome partner, and every long term partner I have/had is like my younger fair fit sporty brother - my closest sibling.
For some reason in real life people tell me everything - they blurt out EVERYTHING, when I have had colleagues complain they can't get clients to tell them stuff, I have the opposite problem, I can't shut them up - well i can actually I am good at escaping.
Unless it is for work stuff - I hate over sharers, run a mile from people who do that too quickly, dangerous always.

Something to remember - it gets easier as you get older, as you aren't so self conscious and you just don't give a shit anymore.
And - often personality types that are attractive when younger are just tiresome later, ie those bubbly vivacious young people, often end up being attention seeking boring wankers.

And @reepbot I found toastmaster people totally fake and shallow, try volunteering I am telling you you will not regret it.
Do you do anything to make the world a better place? Think about just doing something small even.

Some people just give off wonderful vibes, gentleness, warmth, spirituality - see the Dali Laama:)

Thank you for your indepth reply! I shall respond later with a indepth reply of my own.

saw a beach wedding being set up. which i found interesting because it was a pretty windy day. you not only have to deal with all the sand in your eyes but also other bits and pieces. i imagine it would not be very pleasant.

got petrol. i drove my car to a nearby petrol station, making sure to obey the requsite speed limits, then i got petrol. then i paid.

I am scrubbing my oven - hate this task, greasy yucky job, taking a break. Cleaning and gardening, my pet hates.

Back