Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

Today I found out at least one of my references was checked for the job I told you all I interviewed for a few weeks ago... This is all so surreal and I'm so excited! These guys are very strict about checking references and such so I'm sure as long as my other ones come through I'll be offered a position!

Not a case of Today I...... But five minutes ago raged and broke my keyboard.....

Luckily I have more then one.

I was playing Defiance

doomkitty_startrek.jpg

Pencils and inks by Joel Adams

For someone's convention comic. The main girl there is a caricature of the author and creator of the comic so I had to match her hair, skin colour etc. I'm also doing the colours on a more realistic drawing of her as part of this commission.

TODAY...

Justin,

We are pleased to advise you that you were successful in our Flight Attendant - Encore application process to date. This means you have been placed in a pool with other successful candidates. The airline industry is subject to high and low periods of staffing, but we recruit on a continuous basis to ensure we have a number of qualified people to draw from when the need arises. Due to the high number of successful candidates and limited available spaces within our Flight Attendant - Encore Program, we will contact you once your training slot has been identified. Please note that a spot in the pool does not guarantee employment. We review the pool in its entirety prior to each training class to determine which candidates should have priority. All candidates will remain in the pool for a maximum of 6 months from their respective interview dates. After the pooling period has elapsed, candidates must re-apply.

Thank you for your continued interest in the Flight Attendant - Encore position.

Thank you,

WestJet Recruitment Team

Well done Kingston. I hope you float to the top of the pool quickly .

awesome Kingston!! congrats!

My job is on a bit of a knife edge at the moment they are doing so much restructuring, and I have been told I might be moved to another division/scrapped/promoted WHO KNOWS lol :( its so very unsettling. And since its govt it will take probably a month for me to hear anymore info.

Yesterday we got my mum a wheelchair its awesome.

"today i ...", thanks to the efforts of nigel the bass player, got to be part of a virtual gig. St Pat's day is soooo slimming ...

http://www.jibjab.com/view/CKT1Y3H6...erm=email&utm_campaign=recipient_notification

(not sure if link will work mind you, but I'm rubbing my four leaf clover it is of any help)

have a safe if not good day.

[ADIT] oh, and "Today I ..." would just like to put this out there for all the muppets.

I doubt if you know who you are what with you basically being cloth-eared brainless avatars driven by somebody else's hand up your jacksie.

Still, what you are is what you are ... and that's enough for me. :D

[youtubevid]OMzIBNlXLwc[/youtubevid]

regarDS

Last edited:
"Today I ..." see that Jo Nova has put together an article about muppets, too ...

See the following link which includes the following image: http://joannenova.com.au/2014/03/tr...-bully-barbarians-at-their-intellectual-best/

muppets.jpg

Ah well, I guess it is to be expected from the hateful totalitarian minded entitlement driven freedom loathing greenazi left-ardia when their access to other people's money is under threat and they are faced with having to take some responsibility for themselves and perhaps even contribute positively to society for a change instead of sitting around with their hands forever outstretch to take, take, take.

regarDS

haha qtkt, I hadn't even thought about taking it for a spin myself! I paid for it so I suppose I am entitle to :p

my parents finally move up to their new unit this weekend yay.

"Today I ..." am still somewhat bemused by the convenient "coincidence" thingo wot LSCP and I were blessed with yesterday involving, of all things, a door.

We had recently decided that it would be cool to put "french door" kind of access out from a room to my favorite built in seating on the balcony. Being the handyman I am, it didn't matter if the door(s) we found were already "french" doors or not as I'm capable of converting a solid door into two small solid doors.

Nothing from Bunnings appealed, and nor did anything from a salvage yard I looked in on. Bunnings stuff being Too New, and Salvage stuff being Ridiculously Priced. Gumtree was going to be my next port of call (and probably still will be for some other stuff we need).

Anyhoo, re: the "coincidence", LSCP and I were on the way back from a food shop and, while going around the block to avoid having to do a u-turn, we decided to drop in on a 2nd hand shop run by folk we know.

Cept we nearly didn't coz I changed my mind coz I wanted to quickly get home and have the hot chook we just bought. lol.

Cept LSCP insisted that we do stop.

So we did.

One of the owners who we know was minding shop that day and so we asked him if old windows and doors where the kind of thing they collect and sell.

Answer being "nope, not usually ... but we do have a matched pair of doors at the moment that have just come in, so come take a look"

So we did.

Wouldn't you know it, they were more than exactly what we were looking for.

can1.jpg
(but one of the pair)

Not only where they rated for "external" but also where super-sized "french" doors with all the fruit (hinges, door hands and locks, hidden/recessed bolts top and bottom), and can easily be converted into TWO sets of "french" doors" (which is what I am going to do to them).

What is more, they utterly matched the flora that surrounds the area where they are going to be hung.

You see, we keep a fine crop of "canalilies" all along our balcony (with some of them over 2m high), and these doors have, in faux-leadlighting, what appears to be canalilies on them (sure, I accept that some of you will insist that the images are of tulips or maybe even roses ... and you are entitled to your daft, unfounded, and ridiculous opinions :D).

can2.jpg

The short of it is that we couldn't have hoped to find a more suitable door for the location planned, and even better than that, we got TWO of them, including all the fruit, and all for just $150 and from barely 500m (if that) away from where we live which made transporting them very quick and easy indeed.

I must admit though that when spooky stuff like that happens, I can't help but think of this:

[youtubevid]L9p8LXD5UDs[/youtubevid]

Anyhoo, cheers again, all-seeing/all-knowing "MCP". ;) :)

regarDS

Last edited:
"Today I ..." was considering flying squirrels and wondering if anyone had managed to successfully stall land in a wingsuit (IE, without deploying their parachute).

I soon discovered that the desire is a bit of a Holy Grail for wingsuiters ... and that Gary Connery (the Queen's stunt-double for her Olympics entrance ;) :)) is more or less deemed to be The Guy who has done it ... albeit with the aid of a neckbrace and 18,600 cardboard boxes.

see: http://www.visualnews.com/2012/05/24/first-wingsuit-landing-without-parachute/

and: [youtubevid]st8FX5cRHkQ[/youtubevid]

and here is how our Creator has enabled a certain small furry creature to do it without cardboard boxes

[youtubevid]1-FHzf4xnWw[/youtubevid]

Hmmm, I wonder if Gary is now working on introducing a functioning tail to his wingsuit.

Anyhoo, here's some other creatures doing so qool thangs:

[youtubevid]RLbkVanjHVU[/youtubevid]

[youtubevid]45yabrnryXk[/youtubevid]

regarDS

Today (well last night) I formed a team to go in The Relay For Life for The Cancer Council. It will be in September. If you'd like to donate, please send me a message and I will send you the link :)

Today I'm happy :) it's been awhile

Back