Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

Ders, as non drinkers my hubby and I find this all the time. Unless it is an event with kids there is no alternative to alcohol provided. We have learned to take our own.

I just drink water, or the mixers - most at least have soda water.

Tonight I went to this...
A1WHITENIGHTS-20140222220808329723-80x80.jpg

A1WHITENIGHTS-20140222220847882769-600x400.jpg

BhEyB7KCYAE6vkw.jpg
whitenight_main.jpg

Crowded, nice crowds - FABULOUS, our city is magical and enchanting, for another 6 hours, if you live in Melbourne get your arses in there and enjoy.
Car-less cities would be lovely, such a different experience with people taking over the roads and no yucky traffic sounds:)

Today I'm still riding a pretty big high from yesterday... I had an interview with an Airline that I've wanted to work at for a very long time... Not sure if it's my "dream job" but it's at least something I've wanted to do for at least the last decade of my life... And even if I'm not successful this time around I'm still pretty honored I was asked to take part...

Today I got up had a cramp in my leg, fell over, and farted

Breaking news! Or just breaking wind ;)

A bit of both....... Nearly twisted my bad ankle again. Did that 2 years ago and tore a tendon, partially tore another and bruised...

We were not organised enough and my buddy had sore feet - even though I was raring to go, she struggled
after a few hours and added walking as you couldn't catch a tram in, sardine cans on tracks.
I got home and thought about going back on my own - I didn't get to the dancing bits.

Seems best time to go is after 1.30am.
We were there during the peak, and you could not get across flinders st.
Next time, I'm starting somewhere high up, like Rialto towers.

Good luck [MENTION=29222]Kingston[/MENTION]

Today I'm still riding a pretty big high from yesterday... I had an interview with an Airline that I've wanted to work at for a very long time... Not sure if it's my "dream job" but it's at least something I've wanted to do for at least the last decade of my life... And even if I'm not successful this time around I'm still pretty honored I was asked to take part...
Yay! Good luck! :)

woohoo go kingston :)

tomorrow we are going to look at a unit that hopefully my mum and dad can move into :) so they will be less than 10mins from me now (and on my way to work) rather than being an hour and a half away! yay!

"it takes a perfect sacrifice ..."

"Today I ..." reckon this offering from "The Waifs" (off their album "Temptation") is toe-tapping awesome !

[youtubevid]wfbQXwasaRU[/youtubevid]
(album quality sound only ... no vid clip)

and here they are doing it live

[youtubevid]83RFqfgXMSI[/youtubevid]

Deem "And The Whole Earth Shall Resound" included ...

regarDS

zenescope__gft___the_dark_one_by_seane-d72yctc.jpg

Pencils and inks by Paulo Siqueira

Fun doing the flames and metals on this one. We had some hassles with the baby as the original idea was to make him blood red ala Hellboy, but they didn't like that in the end. I then did him the same skintones as the Queen but then he blended in too much, so this warmer tone was the middle ground that we settled on...

Cheers
Sean

"Today I ..." wondering if Eva or Tasha dun it ... but couldn't be bothered watching all of the first episode anyway and so shall simply wait to read about it via spoilers on the internut down the track rather than expose myself to unnecessary advertising.

[ADIT] ... oh, and a "colourful drawing" by: http://www.picturetopeople.org/photo_sketch/photo_colorful_drawing.html :D

hammerzeit.jpg
"HammerZeit"

regarDS

Last edited:
Reactions: Tee
Do you ever watching a movie and you think, 'i recognise that person from somewhere?' I just solved this with the movie Avatar.

OhfRUt4.jpg

"Today I ..." am wondering if we're basically seeing the beginnings of WW3.

Ukraine Prez apparently things so ...

“They have gone beyond their base and occupied Crimea – it is conquered territory. Russia violated the Budapest Memorandum. Ukraine has every reason to go to international arbitration. I call on the Russian authorities to stop. Between our peoples should not be war. Does Russia not understand that this is the beginning of World War 3?”

3ribs.jpg

regarDS

woohoo go kingston :)

tomorrow we are going to look at a unit that hopefully my mum and dad can move into :) so they will be less than 10mins from me now (and on my way to work) rather than being an hour and a half away! yay!
Very late replying - but sincerely glad for you, EB. Great news!

I am confused.

Qantas can't compete on a level playing field because it's state owned. This is bad for competing in a free market capitalist manner. It is state owned as in Australian's hold 51% of the shares. However this is shares owned by Australian's and not owned by the government.

The only way it can compete is if it opens itself to more foreign ownership, bringing in capital. As state ownership is bad. State interference and financial assistance is no way to run any sort of business, let alone an airline.

This unfair playing field it's on. So it's because of its main competitors Singapore and Etihad. The reason they are beating Qantas is because they are mainly state owned and back by government finances. So they are absorbing costs due to the state ownership and financial backing. In fact Etihad basically doesn't make a profit. It's mainly made losses. Yet due to state ownership and backing, this is why it can beat Qantas.

So how is not being state owned, and not being back by state finances and government assistance going to help? It's still not a level playing field. Currently Qantas actually is privately owned and not competing with government financial backing.

Oh the carbon tax?

So the carbon tax is making Qantas unprofitable. So that needs to be repealed.

However the carbon tax applies to all airlines in Australia. It is also paid for completely by a surcharge passengers pay. So the debt is incurred by passengers and not the airline. So if the tax is removed, the surcharge is removed and nothing happens to the finances of the airline. As it will still have zero impact on the bottom line.

So what's the real issue?

Oh Qantas management and high level investors want to sell their shares to foreign Airlines, who will invest into Qantas, give them lots of money and just make it a regional brand. In effect, it'll be bought and supported by State owned and backed airlines and then managed to be a profitable Australian domestic airline with limited international routes.

The carbon tax thing, well that's just another deception Abbott and is merry men of dickheads are trying to fool the Australian public on.

Seriously, this country is fucked under them.

ar-ar-ar-argh-ah

"Today I ..." am thunderstruck !

[youtubevid]uT3SBzmDxGk[/youtubevid]

lulz

"Today I ..." am particularly impressed with song of the Thorpe Falchion.

[youtubevid]TbEOKVlp80k[/youtubevid]

What is the Falchion (fall-shun)?

Basically a blade carried by Archers from around 1300 or so. The Thorpe Falchion was dredged up from the Yara river near Thorpe St Andrews around 180 years ago and is now on display in Norwich Castle and is one of only a handful of Falchions still around.

Looking at online pics of it, it seems to me to have lasted well !

Twas its cousin, the Conyer's Falchion that took down the Sockburn Worm that Lewis Carroll called "jabberwocky".

Them jabberwocky thangs (wot we teach kids these days as being "dinosaurs") were not only beasties that the Children of Israel had to deal with during their 40 years in the wilderness, but also creatures somewhat tamed and kept by some in Ancient Rome and Eygpt. Since then, they also made themselves a nuisance in Europe and the UK ... and are well established in Chinese history.

Anyhoo, John Conyer is famous for taking care of one of them ... and St George another.

[youtubevid]2V8A4btHJNc[/youtubevid]

I doubt if they are utterly extinct though. Well, I hope not. ;) :)

[youtubevid]Z9a4PvzlqoQ[/youtubevid]

regarDS

Last edited:
Back