Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

10563222_873348429343443_3958082595405971222_n.jpg

Feel better soon and take it easy @SeanE. I'm still home with my flu which turned bad on me

"today i ..." scored the Excellent movie "Kickass 2" (wot I'd not seen until a moment ago) for 10 bucks from JB hifi as part of a 3 x Blueray for thirty bucks deal.

Absolutely lurved it ... and I managed to finish off a whole bottle of champagne by myself, during, too.

Hit Girl gets better and better ... didn't like her acting much in that Johnny Depp vampire movie, but she is awesome in K.A.2 I reckon.

Teh music could help but remind me of the following though.

anyhoo, by way of penance for my indulgence, I'm off to give an extra $50(USD) this month to the "David's Shield" program wot 'Christian Friends of Israel" provide, and by doing so help provide some more warm jackets and bibles etc to Real World "Kick Ass Girls" who are on the front lines of defending democracy in the middle east for the benefit of the whole world.

Feel free to join me in doing that, here: https://cfijerusalem.org/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=30&Itemid=128

Choose to join me in that house in a heartbeat. :)

Anyhoo, now to watch "Ender's Game' wot I also scored in the deal ... and then maybe LSCP will be home from rehearsal in time to watch the animation "Tintin" with me ... and share in what is left of the 2nd or 3rd bottle of Yellow Jewel wot I also scored in a threefer deal.

Wait, what ?

What do you mean that tomorrow is NOT the weekend.

Doh !

Well, that would explain why both LSCP and I have managed the following sort of thing recently ... with my example being from the other month and LSCP's being TODAY. lol

It's not the illcohol ... it's the lack of coffee in the morning !

dershoes.jpg

lscpshoes.jpg

anyhoo++ if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at ? ;) :)

regarDS

PS: tell the truth "camershy1" ... have I ever bought you a drink ? :D

pencils by J Scott Campbell
inks by J - skipper

First pic done on my new 8Gb RAM laptop, and does it make all the difference with how smoothly CS6 runs! I've loved this pic (and the movie...!) since I first saw the colours on it by Nei Ruffino and j-skipper was nice enough to ink the highres scan he made of the pencils.

Otherwise just having fun on this one and recreating the colour scheme by Nei Ruffino pretty much, so all credit goes to her for the original published colours.

It didn't happen, I wasn't there, I don't know how to use the xbone/kinect voice command of "xbox, record that", and certainly don't know how to upload this:

Shhhhhhh ! Don't tell LSCP or it will be 2016 before I'm allowed to sleep in the same bed again ! :D

regarDS

That was the most funniest thing I've ever seen!

You are the dancer of the family aren't you???

One two three back to me.

I won another nursing award last Friday!

But then I did a med error yesterday, so it sort of cancelled it out...

"today i ..." needed some sort of distraction from the utterly depressing Real World horrors going on about us. If you've visited the "news" topic area lately, I'm sure you prolly feeling somewhat the same.

anyhoo, I've often recommended and used the awesome "slingshot channel" as an effective distraction from the Too Real in the past, so dialed up something random from it.

I wasn't disappointed. Maybe you won't be either.

Cheers "J0ergsprave". Perhaps if more folk had and used such devices, there would be far less examples of Real World awfulness going on !

regarDS

Reactions: Tee
This has nothing to do with anything, but I kind of liked it.

10583824_10154525397710078_61486817651914830_n.jpg

I would also like Mr Jam to save the world, but if that's not doable, I'll die happily enjoying his amazingly great hugs.

Today I was at home. I spent the day with my very best friend, my Gemma, my beloved companion. She's an old girl now and follows me around to the point where I trip over her constantly. Where she used to be black, she is now white. Her eyes have grown cloudy and she can no longer hear my voice. She has trouble sitting down and needs arthritis injections to keep her pain free. She has a mighty, noble, loyal and gentle heart. I love her dearly, dearly, dearly and with all of my heart. I am going away for a month in October and I worry that she will be troubled and feel deserted. I will enjoy my European holiday, but my heart will bleed for her confusion at my absence. She is well considering her 16 years, but I hope upon hope that she is still there to greet me on my return.

Today I was at home. I spent the day with my very best friend, my Gemma, my beloved companion. She's an old girl now and follows me around to the point where I trip over her constantly. Where she used to be black, she is now white. Her eyes have grown cloudy and she can no longer hear my voice. She has trouble sitting down and needs arthritis injections to keep her pain free. She has a mighty, noble, loyal and gentle heart. I love her dearly, dearly, dearly and with all of my heart. I am going away for a month in October and I worry that she will be troubled and feel deserted. I will enjoy my European holiday, but my heart will bleed for her confusion at my absence. She is well considering her 16 years, but I hope upon hope that she is still there to greet me on my return.

awww - love to Gemma - I hope she hangs in there, and has someone (thing) to occupy her loving mind, whilst you are away - living life. It breaks my heart, and my girl when I just to go to the shops to get her a feed! Your bestie will probably be the bestie you will ever know.

Safe Travels to you and much love sent to Gemma, what a Gem xxx

Reactions: Jam
awww - love to Gemma - I hope she hangs in there, and has someone (thing) to occupy her loving mind, whilst you are away - living life. It breaks my heart, and my girl when I just to go to the shops to get her a feed! Your bestie will probably be the bestie you will ever know.

Safe Travels to you and much love sent to Gemma, what a Gem xxx

Thanks, hooleydooley. She's a beautiful girl. She's going to be very well looked after by a close family member who she loves and who loves her; but she's getting so old. I think my misery is for me, really. I'll miss her so much while I'm gone.

Hey derspatz, remember ages ago when you drilled a hole through your credit card cause you hated the paypass thing?
do you still have a photo of it lying around? a friend of mine had her wallet stolen and the thief was able to get $80 through paypass :/
just wanted to show her your idea.

masumi4.jpg

pencils and inks by Ken Lashley

Now showing in solicits for November 2014 on firstcomicsnews.com and bleedingcool.com --> http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/?p=114116 and http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08...d-more-from-zenescope-in-november-2014/zene4/

This was simply fun to do but I had a heck of a time though with the circle/spotlight in the background, thinking 'brick/concrete wall' for ages and trying to make a white spotlight work against her white suit, before basically doing what I normally do when I'm stuck, and that's just try random gradient fills and layer mode settings to see what happens. I hit upon the red and ta-dahhh! There ya have it!

Ken L's use of negative space also made it relatively easy to do as I could leave most of her hair alone and besides as I guessed, 90% of her hair is obscured by the comic title anyway... The biggest hassle on the swords were the two circles which are *meant* to be light flares I guess. But that didn't work colouring them white as they just took the attention away from... well, everything else. I actually did the cover both ways and submitted both and said 'choose your favourite' and they went with the red. I added the cross-poiint flare though just to give some focus and a bit of movement there so it looks like they're clashing swords (schiiinnggg!)
Cheers
Sean

So, now I know which Madonna I am. (I accidentally typed Madoona, but that's a different story.)

Rl-_gApa1Nul.jpg

And I am so a narcissist. I have yet to meet a mirror I don't love.

hellboy_keucha2014.jpg

pencils = keu cha
inks = ben jones

I started the flats to this about a year ago, and with some spare time this week, managed to finish them off. As usual it was the background that had stumped me originally, but after playing around a bit, came up with this, and from there it all just fell into place.

cheers
Sean

Back