Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

Not sure if any of you remember but in September 2012 my sister took a stand against her violent ex and ceased all contact with him and moved overnight and has been hiding from him since?

She won her family court case against him yesterday. It's been a long hard frightening two years. But finally it's over.

...that's good news Cowie... any man that deliberately hurts a woman needs a bullet in his head... it's such a low act... congrats to your sister Cowie... cheers.

Not sure if any of you remember but in September 2012 my sister took a stand against her violent ex and ceased all contact with him and moved overnight and has been hiding from him since?

She won her family court case against him yesterday. It's been a long hard frightening two years. But finally it's over.

Good news Cowie.

emmafrost_and_jeangrey.jpg

Pencils and inks by Art Thibert
Commission for comic con prints this year.

Cheers
Sean

That's fantastic news cowie! So good to hear she won and its finally over now.

...that's good news Cowie... any man that deliberately hurts a woman needs a bullet in his head... it's such a low act... congrats to your sister Cowie... cheers.
Something I found odd was that he didn't just do it to her but their entire group of five couples, the guys bash the shit out of their girlfriends. These couples are mid twenties, how does that even happen? I know domestic violence was a culture thing in Australia in the fifties but I didn't realise how prevalent it is with this young generation.

They need to go into the schools and tell ALL the kids, girls don't hit girls, boys don't hit boys and boys and girls don't hit each other!

Pecan and coops I think you're on my FB and have seen pics of my gorgeous sis?

When it comes to family court, it's not a punishment for him being an abuser but they had to decide if my sister's application for sole parental responsibility was out of spite or real fear and whether my nephew would be at risk. It wasn't the violence so much that the court takes notice of but the ex was caught in a lie which brings about the allegations of substance abuse my sister made were found to be true and that puts my nephew at risk. The independent children's lawyer my nephew was assigned worked in a prison for 6 years and he HATES substance abusers, he knows the damage substance abuse does. My sister got sole parental responsibility as a final order so that pretty much can't ever be challenged or revoked and there is an interim order until 2016 for the ex to have supervised access with a raft of conditions, conditions an ice user will find near impossible to meet but he's been given a chance to forge a relationship with his son and that's in his hands now. Only time will tell if he really wants his son or if he just used the court process to continue the control over my sister.

On the first day of trial before it started my sister offered settlement of supervised access for a long period. He didn't accept. Trial started, she again offered supervised access, he didn't accept. She finished her testimony where two key things were revealed and his lawyer came running offering to halt the trial and sign the settlement. My sister created the orders and her ex had no choice but to sign them. I know he'll run around saying she's lying and the court screwed him over but the reality is, he wasn't prepared to testify. And she had two very damning pieces of proof that my nephew would be at risk.

Not sure if you remember what a bitch my mother is? My mother supported the ex and was going to testify against my sister.

Wtf cowie? Your mum is a piece of work! So glad it's working out for your family though x

Yep, I've seen your cutie pa-tooties :) So glad you can all move forward. And I agree with Megan, WTF is the go with your mum!

We've long known mum wasn't playing with a full deck of cards. My sister stopped talking to her in December because she'd had enough of her nastiness. At the end of January something was said that made my sister concerned about whether she could trust mum or not so she stopped letting mum see my nephew. Sure enough, she wasn't to be trusted because she made an affidavit in April full of vicious lies about my sister.

The magistrate told my sister that given my mother's lack of support she had done the right thing not allowing my nephew to be exposed to her. He was VERY unimpressed with my mother's affidavit. There was also things about my mum in my sister's medical file as a child he was critical of but my sister can't see or know the contents of the file so we don't really know what that was about.

My sister's lawyer wasn't worried at all about my mum's affidavit, and that proved to be true. It hurt the ex more than it hurt my sister.

Such good news, Cowie!

HEY! Wally
More a Dermaplane | Microdermabrasion treatment session! - Reportedly, leading up to a facelift soon.
Cheers, xx

Oh! Wally, that is great to hear, how did you enjoy your trip to Sri Lanka?
We have had a couple of trips away this year, just back a couple of weeks from - States, Canada and Alaska :)

Congratulations @Kingston !! That's a long time to wait to get accepted in a job but I guess they only do a number of intakes a year. Hope you enjoy your new position :) Excited for you!

Oh! Wally, that is great to hear, how did you enjoy your trip to Sri Lanka?
We have had a couple of trips away this year, just back a couple of weeks from - States, Canada and Alaska :)

Sri Lanka was very interesting. Very humbling to see so much poverty.
I think it's probably like Bali was 40 years ago.
Lots of ancient culture and lovely scenery.

Did you see snow in Alaska? I still feel cheated that it was hot in Alaska when we went! lol
No polar bears or igloos anywhere. :)

Earlier in the year I spent 35 days cruising around the Pacific Islands. Fantastic.

today i ... decided to cut my fingernails. in particular, the one on the munted finger wot i posted a pic of the other day. enjoy :)

munted2.jpg

yeah, that tiny bit in the bottom of the pic is all that is left. lol.

today i ... got to enjoy playing the awesome Destiny Beta from Bungie on the xbone. I was particularly chuffed to discovered that the personal land transport in the game is called ...

... a sparrow.

Hmmm, I guess that mean that in around a month there's gunna be millions of folk all around the world riding sparrows. ooer !

ooer++ that in germany they'll be riding der spatz ! :nailbiting:

Anyhoo, apparently sparrow riding may well turn out to be a new sport for nerds and n00bs who don't wanna get off the couch and onto a skateboard or snowboard, etc.

as per

lol++

okays, back to the xbone and back onto my own sparrow. :)

regarDS

Back