Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

You managed more than I could, Miss Camerashy ;)

Instead, lscp and I watched the quite excellent movie "Cloud Atlas".

Now considering vegetarianism, mind you ... or at very least avoiding any kind of "meat" typically sold at a "fast food" venue.

regarDS

within 40 mins of watching that video it is now removed or private, all comments erased

"Tonight I ..." lolled muchly with lscp as we watched "Holy Flying Circus".

The actors were authentically awesome, and, as I've been the target of regular online/forum bullying by closed minded insecure collectivists and totalitarians over the years in here, I could really relate to the undeserved persecution that the Monty Python team had inflicted upon them by the willfully ignorant and humourless who were obviously on a constant lookout for a reason to be miserable anyway. :D

Oh, and the topic of the 90min movie ?

... butofcourse. :)

regarDS

Reactions: Tee
Well not today, but last Wednesday...

I dropped my ipad.

Yep, the screen cracked. In the corner down the bottom and across the edge towards the button. Still works fine though.

But the good news is that it's not actually *my* ipad but belongs to the school where I work as a teacher, so it's all covered by insurance!

I've already got a replacement as the IT guy here just grabbed another off the shelf in the tech room and said I've got a couple of days to transfer everything over to the new one, re-download apps etc etc. Mind you it hasn't been used for a year or so, so it's still got io6 on it and needs about a million updates on just about everything. Plus there's all the inevitable personalising that you do to a personal device to recreate....

But still, I died a thousand deaths as I saw it totter off my file and class stuff in my hands and fall in bullet time matrix style to the ground...!

cheers
Sean

Today I scored tickets to see Hugo Weaving play Macbeth. :geek:

Fantastic.
I saw him doing one of the comedies, can't recall which one, probably Much Ado
He has a great voice for the stage.

Today, I wonder - do you find you post less and less as you use different tech?

My posting dropped off when I was using a laptop more; now tableting I can hardly be bothered and mainly lurk and read.
Years ago I used to sit for hours on the desktop typing away:)

robynhood_chen.jpg

pencils and inks by Sean Chen
colour by me!

Now out in solicitations and previews for September 2014

Cheers
Sean

Today, I wonder - do you find you post less and less as you use different tech?

My posting dropped off when I was using a laptop more; now tableting I can hardly be bothered and mainly lurk and read.

Three cheers for "different tech"!

And bring on the next advancement!

Eh... Don't get t
^
That stained glass is very well done, @SeanE.

Eh... Don't get too exited. The window is a couple of photos of real stained glass windows...
Awkward....

Looks like it is back to the colouring in book for you Sean. Better luck next time.

:)

people, even major pros, blend in photos all the time.... it makes life easier

the trick is to blend them so that they don't look fake and just 'tacked on'

for instance...

how NOT to do it ---> http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2014/176/9/7/through_the_city_by_zswasd-d7nz9dv.jpg

and how to do it very well --> http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/166/d/5/d521678c343b633a3cf098d1d22514a7-d53jd71.jpg

Today I had the privilege and blessing of being with a parishioner as she died. I was actually annointing her at the time. Ruby turned 98 on Wednesday and had been with her whole family all together. She ended up in hospital that afternoon. Ruby has been 'wanting to go' for a couple of months and her passing was peaceful and easy. May you rest in peace, Ruby.

I don't ever want to go.

I don't care if they have me hooked up to every machine that goes 'ping' known to man, or embed my consciousness into an immortal robotic body...whatever it takes.

Today I... was told by my boss that an upcoming two month stint working in Hong Kong, which last week was extended to "maybe six months" might now be a permanent thing. How exciting! And weird! I could use a shake up though, I must admit.

"Today I ..."" am now almost @ 300 unacknowledged alerts. I guess I coulda got there sooner if I wasn't enjoying Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag so much on our xbone and was spending so little time online in forums.

299.jpg

"Today I ..." am also a tad, uh, bemused (?) by the following bit of info. Like, I wonder how long it will take the new residents of the apartments (once they are built) to basically ban the oval from being used for virtually anything, particularly at any time outside, say, 9 to 5, and certainly never on a weekend when folk want to sleep in or watch stuff on their big screen TVs without being disturbed by yelling outside or balls bouncing off their windows. lol.

I bet it goes the same way as the old Swan Brewery. Was sold as a hip place to be with live music etc, then the residents basically had the live music / pub side of things all but closed down coz it was "too loud".

Meh to the whole "40% increase in population" thang for Pert !

regarDS

Reactions: Tee
I found this funny.

The Original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factor movie was entirely financed by a food company in order to get the rights to and then to promote the selling of their own Wonka Bars. The film bombed at the box office and they stuffed up the formula for the chocolate bars and so were unable to sell them.

Reactions: Jam
"Today I ..."" am now almost @ 300 unacknowledged alerts. I guess I coulda got there sooner if I wasn't enjoying Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag so much on our xbone and was spending so little time online in forums.

View attachment 39757

regarDS

"Today I..." was left in awe at the fact Uncle Bernie nearly has 300 unacknowledged alerts!

Got an email too...

der.png

Prolly just someone telling me how awesome Derspatz is for taking all the time and effort to so publicly acknowledge his unacknowledged alerts.

He B so KooL dat Derspatzzzzzzz.

RetarDS

Back