Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

zenescope__grimms_tales_of_terror__4c_by_seane-d7nfwwr.jpg

Pencils and inks by Eric Johnson
Now available for preorder, released October 2014
The colour brief was the give it an "Eyes Wide Shut" feel to it so, lots of golds, whites and blue-blacks, based on the source photos I found online.
Cheers
Sean

"today i ..." reckon the best line out of "expendables 3" has to be ... tax evasion

if you don't know why, then look up who delivers the line.

regarDS

I'm the one who looks like my mother's other daughter.
You really do. Thanks for that Like btw, I've now got 7.

So was that a pity like for the newbie or were you making a move? Is that how things work around here? If so, you may be interested to know I'm single, have my own place (down the hall from my parents bedroom) and I shower every other day.

You really do. Thanks for that Like btw, I've now got 7.

So was that a pity like for the newbie or were you making a move? Is that how things work around here? If so, you may be interested to know I'm single, have my own place (down the hall from my parents bedroom) and I shower every other day.

Fantastic! Let me know when your parents are out and you've had a shower.

On the other hand, maybe let me know where your parents are going when they're out because I need to widen my social circles - I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I tagged along. I'm pretty easy going and I promise not to order the lobster. :)

Today I have a nasty flu, high temp and the chills. Feeling very sorry for myself. :cry: Why do sick people insist on attending conferences and passing on their germs?

I hope you feel better soon qtkt.

Today I was sad for one of my workers who had to endure listening to the ramblings of a fuckwit about the wrongness of gays. All I could say as the man spoke was that what others do doesn't affect my happiness at the end of the day so I have no objections. I said it politely and of course the man then winks at me and accuses me of being one of the fence sitters in society who is allowing it to go down hill. For one I am not a fence sitter and if it wasn't for the fact I was at work, I would have said a lot more. I'm angry today.

Today I have a nasty flu, high temp and the chills. Feeling very sorry for myself. :cry: Why do sick people insist on attending conferences and passing on their germs?

Flu is awful, qtkt! Take care of yourself with lots of comfort food, soppy movies and some medicinal whisky. ;)

Today I was sad for one of my workers who had to endure listening to the ramblings of a fuckwit about the wrongness of gays. All I could say as the man spoke was that what others do doesn't affect my happiness at the end of the day so I have no objections. I said it politely and of course the man then winks at me and accuses me of being one of the fence sitters in society who is allowing it to go down hill. For one I am not a fence sitter and if it wasn't for the fact I was at work, I would have said a lot more. I'm angry today.

I know, it's really hard when you have to be polite and swallow your natural impulses at work. You did well; don't be angry. That man was clearly a dickhead and you are not responsible for his behaviour. Most people would agree with you that western society has been vastly improved by embracing a multitude of influences and lifestyles. There are still a lot of dickheads (ie. male, middle-aged, white, uneducated and threatened by change) who would like the world to revert to the 1940's, though, when 'men were men' and women were portrayed by the powers of the day as being domestic doormats.

say what you will about Tony Abbott, but his winks are sexy ;) :devil:

i see it that those guys will be dead in the next 20 years or so and the next generation does not think like that. am i a dreamer? haha
i had a situation like that not long ago, bit my tongue but nearly lost both eyes out of anger, but that f'wit not only had mine, but all others staring him down, a sign all is not bad for the future

just think how embarrassed his family must be to have to deal with someone still thinking like this, feel bad for them, and feel happy for yourself that you are nothing like that guy

"today i ..." continued to accumulate unacknowledged alerts.

alerts.jpg

i also ignored the odd phone call, sms' and email.

it all can wait coz i finally got around to installing cod:ghosts on the xbone (after the nice folk at the game shop did a swapsy of a bad disk).

had some fun on the iss (didn't see wolowitz's meat-loaf launching space loo though) but was disappointed that i didn't get to surf re-entry on a bit of heat shield. the faux-apocalpse going on below was a fun bit of parkour, too.

not sure about the radio controlled dog though.

damn, 1am, guess i should cease my war-mongery for now and get some shut-eye.

regarDS

"Today I ..." am still waiting for the chance to fire up COD:Ghosts.

Fool that I am, I went and bought LSCP "Just Dance 2014" thinkin that would be a great way to get her to warm to the kinect & gaming world.

deem facepalm included. WHAT. WAS. I. THINKING!

It warmed her up alright ! Not only did she quickly start earning my profile a whole bunch of new achievements and rewards, but also got me a couple more arm waves and foot shuffles closer to an earlier grave by making me compete against her. Her avatar ButOfCourse looked like a slinky American Indian whereas mine was a stupid panda faced furry.

Presumably we wuz supposed to look something like this ... but I know this little madly laughing and weezing sparra didn't !

facepalm++ ... damn, I shouldn't have watched that as I'm now going to nightmares about LSCP making me wear a onesie while dancing with her ... even if only to then have the opportunity to laugh at me when I keel over in a heat stroke faint leaving her as the dance-off winner.

Yes, she is that competitive !

I'll fix her though ... I'm gunna practice "flashdance" and "I will survive" over and over and over again until I can do it with my eyes closed. :D

Anyhoo, just as soon as she stops "perfectly" kissing a girl with Kate Perry, maybe I'll get to sick my radio controlled dog onto some Federation scum.

nooooooo.jpg

Hmmm, we're gunna need a second xbone ... presuming I survive a week of Joust Dunce 2014 that is. ;) :)

regarDS

Fantastic.
I saw him doing one of the comedies, can't recall which one, probably Much Ado
He has a great voice for the stage. ...

So jealous. I saw Robyn Nevin play Lady Macbeth years ago. She was excellent. Hope you enjoy it.

It was pretty good except they reversed the seating so the audience was on the stage and the actors were out in the seating area. It was supposed to make it more eery and haunting, which it kind of did at times but the temporary seating was so uncomfortable my entire body went numb after two hours of trying to avoid touching the thighs of the random stranger next to me. Hugo was great and there were some great moments and visual effects. The return of Banquo's ghost was truly horrifying.

Lmao!! Video or it didn't happen ders!!

It didn't happen, I wasn't there, I don't know how to use the xbone/kinect voice command of "xbox, record that", and certainly don't know how to upload this:

Shhhhhhh ! Don't tell LSCP or it will be 2016 before I'm allowed to sleep in the same bed again ! :D

regarDS

Today I continued pre-production work for a new video game and continued rigging a 3D model for animating.

Then I ate jam on toast and devoured several litres of coffee.

Then I watched BBUK while my cat sat next to me staring and judging.

Now I am here and as amazing as ever xoxo

forgot to share this one ...

"the other day I ..." had to get up in the ceiling to remove an old bit of lecky cable that was used to service a ceiling fan that was no more.

As I disappeared into the darkened man, uh, "person" hole, I said to LSCP something like "obviously I've seen the ALIEN series of movies too many times, coz this is always the bit that gets me nervous"

She responded with "why ?" (obvious code for "WTF is he on about now ?" :)

"coz when you lift a manhole cover in the ceiling and cautiously put your head inside, THAT'S WHEN YOU FIND YOUR SELF FACE TO FACE WITH AN EVIL LOOKING DOUBLE JAWED ACID BLEEDING MONSTER, THAT'S WHY !"

"yes dear, whatever you reckon, dear".

Anyhoo, now suitably encouraged, I put my whole head inside and the rest of my clumsy flesh soon followed suit and I proceeded to crawl through the dusty roof space with a little metal torch held in my mouth.

Deem buckets of ALIEN type drool pouring out of my mouth on either side of the torch and much dust induced ALIEN type breathing, included.

With various scenes from ALIENS still going through my mind (including the thkkk,thkkk,thkkk sound of the proximity scanner) I approached my target.

The drool covered torch flicked its light over what appeared to be a discarded ALIEN skin.

Wait, what ?

whew, was only a piece of insulation blown out of place by a strong wind under the eaves.

Behind the roof joist behind it, a strange dark form came into view.

Wait, what ?

another bit of blown around insulation ?

no, it didn't look quite right.

So I aimed my mouth towards it only to have the torch light flash back a pair of wide green eyes.

Torch wildly thudded to the ceiling.

Plume of choking dust kicks up to thuddingly blind and wildly choke me.

eyes on strange dark form silently race towards me ...

the cry of "mummy !" is shrilled followed by a hasty "litany against fear"

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."

strange dark form silenty races past me to who knows where.

Yes, it was the bloody cat from next door that regularly shows up on our security cameras as it keeps to its beat around our place.

What is more, it was having a snooze exactly in the spot where a 3m by 2m section of failing ceiling fell down the other year just as we arrived home and slammed the car door.

Oh well, what goes around comes around.

We scared it enough to bring the ceiling down the other year, and it finally got its revenge.

I wonder how long it has been waiting to do that ? :D

Oh, and after I got back down from the roof space, what should LSCP present me with ?

Yup, one of those torch thingies in a headband wot attaches to your head.

sigh.

regarDS

Back