Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

Hey derspatz, remember ages ago when you drilled a hole through your credit card cause you hated the paypass thing?
do you still have a photo of it lying around? a friend of mine had her wallet stolen and the thief was able to get $80 through paypass :/
just wanted to show her your idea.

Hey HareleyQ

My method was to drill through the chip itself but that is not the best way at all as it stuffs up other security aspects and all also makes the card unreadable when inserted rather than swiped.

The better way is to not damage the chip but instead break the charge loop that inducts power to the paypass/paywave function of the chip.

To do that you don't drill out the chip but rather drill a 5mm hole with its center about 6mm in on the left hand side (when looking from the back) just under the MAG STRIP. This severs a number of wires used in the antenna/inductance loop (you can see the gleam of the wires afterwards) so PAYPASS / tap&go will no longer work but the card will still function in the chip reader.

For more info on that, including pictures / x-ray of a typical paypass/paywave card, visit this link: http://knowak.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/r-i-p-paypass-mbank/

If the card has been reported as stolen then your friend SHOULD be have her funds reimbursed though ...

regarDS

Reactions: Tee
retailers shouldnt be accepting damaged cards though, so be careful.

"Today I ..." went for a virtual spin around Bora-Bora on a jetski while LSCP was busy falling asleep watching the first "Kick-Ass" movie.

The music from the movie seemed to fit well with the gopro footage from our honeymoon wot I was revisiting so I thought I'd meld some of it together and upload to youtube.

The results should automagically go live in the following link/embed about an hour from now ...

regarDS

"Today I ..." went for a virtual spin around Bora-Bora on a jetski while LSCP was busy falling asleep watching the first "Kick-Ass" movie.

The music from the movie seemed to fit well with the gopro footage from our honeymoon wot I was revisiting so I thought I'd meld some of it together and upload to youtube.

The results should automagically go live in the following link/embed about an hour from now ...

regarDS
Wow. Stunning footage. That's blue green water makes me wanna go to an island stat. It's part of my heritage (Fiji) and it draws me in. Haha. Makes me miss summer too.

Today I.... woke up with a chronic hangover and now had too many coffees within a 3 hour window and can't blink or focus.
#firstworldproblerrrrms.

Reactions: Jam
About 2 weeks ago I got an indoor composter and today as I added the scraps from my breakfast (egg shells and avocado skins) I noticed it's almost full, I can't wait to add the contents to the garden on the weekend.

Here is the type of composter I got....

thumbnail.axd

http://www.mazeproducts.com.au/Products/Indoor_Kitchen_Composter.aspx

Right now in the garden I've got leeks growing, broccoli, spinach, peas and parsley. Also I've planted tomatoes, capsicum and chilli in a mini green house and will be planting them in the next few weeks when it gets a little warmer.
Also Brussels sprouts are going out of season and I need to pick a new veg to have for dinner any suggestions, I already eat broccoli, pea and carrots.

About 2 weeks ago I got an indoor composter and today as I added the scraps from my breakfast (egg shells and avocado skins) I noticed it's almost full, I can't wait to add the contents to the garden on the weekend.

thumbnail.axd

Right now in the garden I've got leeks growing, broccoli, spinach, peas and parsley. Also I've planted tomatoes, capsicum and chilli in a mini green house and will be planting them in the next few weeks when it gets a little warmer.
Also Brussels sprouts are going out of season and I need to pick a new veg to have for dinner any suggestions, I already eat broccoli, pea and carrots.

I've always wondered about these little compost units!!!

Do you like celery? It's incredibly easy to grow and it's delicious in stirfries.

Wow. Stunning footage. That's blue green water makes me wanna go to an island stat. It's part of my heritage (Fiji) and it draws me in. Haha. Makes me miss summer too.

Cheers Bleachy. It was quite the ordeal to get all the way from Perth to Bora-Bora flight wise. Mid-week flights and all that. We did a two night stop-over in Auckland and stayed on the docks (my avatar is of a little sparrow that came to visit us on the balcony) then a one night stop over in Tahiti before finally arriving by boat to St Regis in Bora-Bora.

We too absolutely lurved the beautiful clear water and the white white sand. Our over-the-water bungalow had windows in the floor in many of the rooms so we could look straight down into it when inside, and but of course we could just fall off the balcony into it. :)

Stay tuned, the next youtube will take you UNDER the water rather than "bora-bora"ing around on top of it.

Yup, you're gunna get the opportunity to go scuba-diving with LSCP and I and Many Manta rays in beautiful clear Pacific waters with visibility that goes on, like, for-eva.

Hopefully I'll get that one up by midnight tonight if all goes well.

In the meantime, for those interested in a more commercial and humorous look at St Regis in Bora-Bora, then dial up some clips from the movie "Couples Retreat". :)

regarDS

Today I.... woke up with a chronic hangover and now had too many coffees within a 3 hour window and can't blink or focus.
#firstworldproblerrrrms.

Get as much water and vitamin B into you as you can.
And - I swear this cures a hangover or just feeling mildly yuck, swim and float in a heated pool.
Not cold water, may be ok I haven't tried that, but likely too much shock.
It is amazing, like all that dehydration thanks you for adding water externally too, it feels like heaven floating about.

I've always wondered about these little compost units!!!

Do you like celery? It's incredibly easy to grow and it's delicious in stirfries.
I love celery, it's great to have as a snack with some avocado, I'll have to Google celery to see what time of the year it should be planted and if it will grow in my part of the country.

The best thing about the compost unit is it does not smell...... until you take the lid off LOL.

And - I swear this cures a hangover or just feeling mildly yuck, swim and float in a heated pool.
It is amazing, like all that dehydration thanks you for adding water externally too, it feels like heaven floating about.

I've sent someone to get me some berocca haha you reminded me and I can't believe I forgot about it. I've almost survived the work day and no one has told me I look as shit as I feel yet, which they'd usually be quite quick to point out... I'm going to take that!

I'd love a heated pool right now, you've just left me wistfully daydreaming about it. It's going to get me through the afternoon that's for sure :)

thumbnail.axd

I would love to have vegetable garden, one of the downsides to living in an apartment. I have a few pots of herbs on my balcony at least.

Today I... am really wanting to go for a walk, but still recovering from a big 7 hour one I did a few days ago. Might go out for a bit later.

I've sent someone to get me some berocca haha you reminded me and I can't believe I forgot about it. I've almost survived the work day and no one has told me I look as shit as I feel yet, which they'd usually be quite quick to point out... I'm going to take that!

I'd love a heated pool right now, you've just left me wistfully daydreaming about it. It's going to get me through the afternoon that's for sure :)

Baths are good, too, if you can't get to a pool. Not too hot, though! Just a lovely tepid soak with a cup of tea and 7 potato cakes on the side.

Reactions: kxk
Today I went to the vet to pick up anti-inflamamtories for my dog...he is limping.Then I went shopping,made lunch for my parents..they were both over.Tried to buy healthy stuff,saw sweetie-pies and that went out the window..I love sweetie-pies

Back