Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

ladymechanika.jpg

pencils by Ken Rocafort
inks by James Goodwin
The lack of some detail (due to James inking a low res scan) made for some tricky moments here and there, and I'm not entirely happy with the dress folds over her knee, but, that's how the ink lines go!... *shrugs*
Otherwise having fun with the desat colours after a few highly saturated pics of late.
cheers
Sean

Today I did the supermarket shopping. I hate shopping, in any form, it gives me massive headaches.

Reactions: Jam
"Today I ..." caught up with a whole bunch of overdue "liking" while lscp watched Disney's "Genie, you're free" Aladdin for the first time eva.

Then I went and found something else to watch & like while I wait for Bungie's "Destiny" to be released next week and be loaded into the xbones of numba1son and I that we might embark upon a whole new father and son virtual adventure that should keep us busy until the Halo "Master Chief" collection is released.

Here tis ... each episode is around 45mins long so should fill in the odd evening or two. :)

Try not to get through them too fast. Like, remember to save at least one of them for Monday night. :D

lulz @ how badly timed this year's season of BB, is mind you. Like, didn't Ch10 or 9 (or whoever the hell it is who hosts what is left of the concept) realize that some very major game releases were gunna coincide ?

regarDS

Reactions: Tee
"Today I ..." caught up with a whole bunch of overdue "liking" while lscp watched Disney's "Genie, you're free" Aladdin for the first time eva.

regarDS

image.jpg

Seriously too funny you stupid stupid man!

It has taken me 10 minutes to madly Google to work out the steps needed to take a screenshot on an iphone, but you were worth every wasted second!

Who knew you could be this funny?!

On a more serious note: this shit just got real!

I will see your copious "likes" and raise you with a "follow"!!

image.jpg

Thanks for the early morning giggle, and have a great day!

RetarDS

It has taken me 10 minutes to madly Google to work out the steps needed to take a screenshot on an iphone ...

the day we stop learning ...

OTOH, surely it is a form of masochism to even have, let alone use, an iphone ?

Anyhoo, speaking of you learning new things, as ever, for me on my windoze systems, screenshots are only an "Alt-Prnt Scrn" followed by a "Ctrl-v" into my fav freebie image viewer/editor, the most excellent "irfanview" available from here:

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

Aside from all the cropping/resizing/flipping/singing/dancing, it even has a paint dialog ... and you could probably eat an apple while using it.

regarDS

the day we stop learning ...

OTOH, surely it is a form of masochism to even have, let alone use, an iphone ?

Anyhoo, speaking of you learning new things, as ever, for me on my windoze systems, screenshots are only an "Alt-Prnt Scrn" followed by a "Ctrl-v" into my fav freebie image viewer/editor, the most excellent "irfanview" available from here:

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

Aside from all the cropping/resizing/flipping/singing/dancing, it even has a paint dialog ... and you could probably eat an apple while using it.

regarDS
Or... of course, you get out your SLR, set the F-Stop, ISO and shutter speed and away you go ;).

Isn't that the way we do screen shots, @Trala ;)

Or... of course, you get out your SLR, set the F-Stop, ISO and shutter speed and away you go ;).

Isn't that the way we do screen shots, @Trala ;)
I have already forgotten!

I know l pressed two buttons together...

I think it was the on/off and the big round one in the middle, so if that equates to getting out my SLR, setting the F Stop, ISO and shutter speed away.... then yes.

I have already forgotten!

I know l pressed two buttons together...

I think it was the on/off and the big round one in the middle, so if that equates to getting out my SLR, setting the F Stop, ISO and shutter speed away.... then yes.
Something like that :)

"Today I ..." had my beat between work places / jobs encroached upon by a bunch of excited schoolkids whose common feature appeared to be one of Kojak's fag substitutes in their collective gobs, a garishly painted vehicle parked where it ought not be, and a couple of young lasses in tight fitting clothing encouraging all and sundry to have a spin of a poorly constructed and rather unstable looking gambling wheel.

Yeah, woz one of those radio promo thangs, the idea being that any advertising is good advertising no doubt ...

anyhoo, as they were in my way I figured I might as well have a spin.

A little voice inside my head (no, not that one, the other one, no not that one, the OTHER one !) suggest that I put my foot on the base of the rather worse for wear gambling wheel so as to stabilize it that it might have a good spin and not suffer the munted and less than satisfying spins I'd just witnessed for the lollipop winning kiddies.

"sure, I can do that ... surely easier than stealing candy from a baby, eben !" I quietly and mostly internally replied, plonked my hoof, and did the twisty turny spinny thang.

As it twisted and turned out (and so as not to keep anyone in suspense), it was in fact sound advice !

Yup, rather than just win a chupa-chup like all the kids were/had, this grumpy old bird won the coveted combo pack !

A block of (presumably no nuts included) chokelate, an android looking sticker with some numbers on it, and one of those "who loves ya baby ?!" thangs wot all the (now crestfallen coz they didn't get the chokelate, etc) kiddies were already sucking on.

whiner.jpg

I told the lass in the tight fitting clothing who handed me my sticker that I would be sure to put it on my motorbike ...

... next to the Blu-ray player. :D

Anyhoo, since I believe in "Happy Wife, Happy Life", lscp is now suitably irresistibly smooth and with no nuts included.

As for me ?

Well I reckon this bloke said it best when he slobbered out yet another:

wholuvsya.jpg
"Who luvs ya baby !"

Cheers Nova / 93.7 / ex(bb)hm Nathan ;) :) !

regarDS

"Tonight I ..." enjoyed watching a whole bunch of episodes of this with lscp:

and then, after I introduced her to this for some reason:

we enjoyed skipping through this:

and now it is bed time.

... with only a few sleeps to go until ...

DESTINY !

destiny.jpg

regarDS

"Today I ..." continue to reap the benefits of "happy wife, happy life".

She's keeping my mead horn full and my plate over-floweth with pizza.

I suspect that part of the "why" is because "yesterday I ..." made her a viking shield out of a bit of chipboard and wooden nuts bowl and painted it in the style of Norm Jorgensen's "The Last Viking" and also took to a $10 Bunnings axe with an angle grinder for about an hour in order to give her a suitable weapon capable of dealing with the average drunken drongo in Northbridge where we shall be (in viking get-up) later this week in relation to the sequel of the book mentioned earlier.

shield.jpg

A bit sad that my genuine article metal shield now looks like cheap plastic now that it has been (temporarily, I hope !) spray-painted Odin Gold, but the consolation is the funny looking crow I'll have perched on my helmet.

Why the hammer rather than the spear ? Well, Thor was being thupid tho I took it off him ... and also because I don't think the boys in blue would appreciate somebody wandering around Northbridge with a spear. lol. :D

crow.jpg

... and for context.

Dress-ups are such fun ! In fact, it only seems like last weekend we were partying like it was 1969 ! ;) :)

1969.jpg

regarDS

Tronno!!!

OMG. I'm loving the oldies rearing their heads!!

Maybe we should start a Foursome thead? ;)

Haha oldies... I just turned 24... But yeah I would like to catch up with the class of '05-ish and find out what's been going on...

"Today I ..." am happy to report that not only have I not watched any BBAU 2014 since Monday night when I had it on in the semi background while watching the series "Demons" on ABC3 and iView, but also am not likely to watch any more of it any time soon.

Too many far more interesting things to fill my time with these days.

Considering how I once went out and bought a $600 PVR so I could record and watch at my leisure every televised moment of the series, I reckon what I've managed so far this week is quite an achievement though.

What has helped me through this time of testing this week has been the arrival of Bungie's/Activision's "Destiny".

numba1son and I teamed up over the internut yesterday and by the time we decided to call it a night at around 5am, we were both at around level 12, had laboured for three attempts at a particular boss kill that took over 45 minutes alone to achieve, and had clocked up a 10hr 40min skype call due to him not being able to find his xbone microphone headset.

Then there was another 4hr Destiny session today (yes, I took a day of annual leave for this. lol) followed by lscp and I costuming up as Vikings to attended the book launch for "The Last Viking Returns" at the State Library and then go and have dinner in Northbridge with the author and family, etc

Pretty pleased we both got away with wearing Real deadly weapons around Northbridge without any challenge from the folk in Blue ...

vikings.jpg

Anyhoo, I'm also pretty pleased that I can either take BBAU or leave it these day.

Don't worry though, for I don't think I'll be saying the same about these forums any time soon. :D

So, have I missed anything worthwhile and/or memorable on TV over the last three nights ?

regarDS

Back