Skip to main content

"Big Brother" 2023 (filmed in 2022) - First promo

It won't air next year - they've just announced it not to frighten off advertisers for this series and added Uncut to get a bit of attention for their "sexy single" season, knowing the two aren't linked.

And Seven don't have the goodwill behind them to do a live season and make a success of it.

Totally agree. Why would they commit to another season before the existing train wreck has yet to air, and with no house to shoot it in, it makes zero sense. It's all just a publicity stunt.

It’s all extremely confusing. I doubt this season will do well at all. I predict no more than 200,000 metro viewers. Coming off the back of the last season there is no way it’s going to do well. Up against love island as well.

Even channel seven know this season is going to crash and burn before they even put it on air - its been a year and a half since the filmed the trainwreck, and they have put it off as long as they can. The writers strike etc went on too long and and they have run out of anything else they can actually put on tv so they have to finally put it on. I cannot see it coming back.

Even channel seven know this season is going to crash and burn before they even put it on air - its been a year and a half since the filmed the trainwreck, and they have put it off as long as they can. The writers strike etc went on too long and and they have run out of anything else they can actually put on tv so they have to finally put it on. I cannot see it coming back.

The writers strike has nothing to do with it, 7 never airs drama anyway in the 7:30 pm timeslot. BB is just so crap they have pushed it to run into the non ratings season where no one is paying attention to TV. Just gives them an excuse to say no one is interested so they can get rid of it

So I guess they are planning on filming another season for next year then.

I would imagine that the season is littered with references to "Big Brother 2023" that pushing it into next year would've become an editing nightmare anyway.

I wonder when they are gonna advertise auditions? Maybe as soon as the season starts… let’s hope its live in 2024!!

If the new season bombs I don't see it coming back next year. As for it being live that will never happen as long its on 7, they are averse to any kind of live programming.

Another season won't happen - they just don't want to brand this season a flop before it actually is. If by some miracle though it does I suspect the model will be the same as the last four and a house location will be obtained for long enough to pre-record two series.

P.S. What happened to the old house in Manly - is that used for something else now?

Well think about the type of people they went out of their way to cast for this season. There's your answer.

Am I right though that ghosting isn't common though? I mean proper ghosting, not if it's just chatting on an app. Or not calling someone you pashed in a club. As in go on a date, a few or more. Then ghost.

I am trying to think if I have ever actually heard of that happening to someone in real life.

Am I right though that ghosting isn't common though? I mean proper ghosting, not if it's just chatting on an app. Or not calling someone you pashed in a club. As in go on a date, a few or more. Then ghost.

I am trying to think if I have ever actually heard of that happening to someone in real life.
I have been ghosted when I have actually interviewed for a job. Person just did not call me back, and said she was busy when I called, and never called me back. It was the first interview I had done in a while so if it was that bad it would have been good to get some feedback on what specifically was so bad so I could look to improve. But beyond that just have the curtesy to tell someone they don't have the job - even if it was in a fob off email.

Yes, I'd assume there were talking about someone they'd dated.

um...not sure if it's a cultural thing, or age or whatever
But I definitely know people (men) who prefer to ghost rather than take the trouble to actually break up w/someone (no it wasn't me lol)
I had to nag a colleague to "man up" & tell the girl cuz she was bugging me about him grrrrrrr lol

Back