Skip to main content

"Big Brother" 2023 (filmed in 2022) - First promo

New promo featuring all the romances across the years on social media; the dancing doona, Jess & Marty, Jamie & Katie, Gaelan and Krystal, Tully and Drew, Cat & Lawson, Aisha and Travis, etc.

https://fb.watch/nAQaWJdfvB/
That’s not a promo lol.

Jesus what’s even more embarrassing is that they are using YouTube uploads for the footage 😑

Also I realised my last analysis of the deck was the wrong photo. Zoomed in version:

Attachments

• IMG_4173.jpeg
    IMG_4173.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 25
If you really want to watch that 18 minute video at least see the full picture.

I bet some poor sod spent months working to get phones to flip the video so you could watch widescreen content simply by turning your phone around - and now you have all these social media managers laughing in their face with their cropped square-o-vision videos.

Last edited:
If you really want to watch that 18 minute video at least see the full picture.

I bet some poor sofspent months working to get phones to flip the video so you could watch widescreen content simply by turning your phone around - and now you have all these social media managers laughing in their face with their cropped square-o-vision videos.

I blame TikTok for the rise in portrait videos. Annoys the shit out of me.

Jesus what’s even more embarrassing is that they are using YouTube uploads for the footage 😑
I don't think they are. It's more likely to be footage that back then was originally preserved on VHS tapes and then was later converted to digital (thus reducing the quality). Quite a lot of the footage used is missing the network watermarks on the footage, so its definitely originated from somewhere else rather than the recordings of the actual broadcasts on YT.

Not that I want to play into their theme but are any of these couples, or others that met on BBAU and subsequently got together after the show, actually still together?

The only entertaining thing will be the finale episode where all the housemates will have visibly aged and Sonia's botox shifted.

Guaranteed to be at least one housemate not at the finale because they don't care anymore / moved overseas / died.

I think one of the worst things about pre-recorded BB and indeed any BB without a live feed is that you're expected to watch the episodes - and that kind of keeps viewership down.

Back in the glory days you could easily follow the series without actually watching every daily episode or indeed watching the live feed yourself as the official website, plus fansites, just kept you up to date. That's why evictions and finals would peak - people could be fans without making the nightly commitment and come back and to too the series as they pleased.

Following from afar I think it wasn't until around BB07 that I actually began watching full episodes of BBAU (and I never watched the entire series) - but I felt like I wasn't missing anything at all from the early series as everything I needed to know was on the main website with the gaps then filled in by this place.

…if I do end up watching this drivel… it’ll be because of my morbid fascination of watching once great things slowly dying away… it’ll be like watching the Titanic slowly sinking or watching the Hindenburg slowly burning… you know that it’s going to end up dying a tragic death… but you never know… miracles do happen apparently… don’t worry guys and gals… I’ll take the bullet for the team… (I’m that kind of guy lol!)… cheers.

Back