Skip to main content

"Big Brother" 2023 (filmed in 2022) - First promo

…if I do end up watching this drivel… it’ll be because of my morbid fascination of watching once great things slowly dying away… it’ll be like watching the Titanic slowly sinking or watching the Hindenburg slowly burning… you know that it’s going to end up dying a tragic death… but you never know… miracles do happen apparently… don’t worry guys and gals… I’ll take the bullet for the team… (I’m that kind of guy lol!)… cheers.

…we should all watch it just to pick the shit out of it… in fact… why don’t we have a competition to see who can whinge and whine the most about it?… (I’m sure that I’m for a good chance)… we’ll even have certain categories…

1)… THE BEST DESCRIPTION OF HOW BAD IT IS…
2)… INVENT A NEW WORD OR PHRASE TO DESCRIBE JUST HOW BAD IT IS…
3)… WHO IS THE WORST HOUSEMATE AND WHY….
4)… SPOT THE MOST SHODDIEST PART OF THE HOUSE…
5)… WHO CAN TAKE THE PISS OUT OF SONIA’S HOSTING THE MOST…
6)… WHO CAN GIVE THE BEST REASON FOR THE SHOW TO CONTINUE…
7)… WHO CAN GIVE THE BEST REASON FOR THE SHOW TO DIE A SAD AND MISERABLE DEATH…

…either way… let’s have fun picking the shit out of it and moaning and groaning about it… it beats watching shit shows on the other channels… just a suggestion… cheers. 😬🤪😜😵‍💫😇

…we should all watch it just to pick the shit out of it… in fact… why don’t we have a competition to see who can whinge and whine the most about it?… (I’m sure that I’m for a good chance)… we’ll even have certain categories…

1)… THE BEST DESCRIPTION OF HOW BAD IT IS…
2)… INVENT A NEW WORD OR PHRASE TO DESCRIBE JUST HOW BAD IT IS…
3)… WHO IS THE WORST HOUSEMATE AND WHY….
4)… SPOT THE MOST SHODDIEST PART OF THE HOUSE…
5)… WHO CAN TAKE THE PISS OUT OF SONIA’S HOSTING THE MOST…
6)… WHO CAN GIVE THE BEST REASON FOR THE SHOW TO CONTINUE…
7)… WHO CAN GIVE THE BEST REASON FOR THE SHOW TO DIE A SAD AND MISERABLE DEATH…

…either way… let’s have fun picking the shit out of it and moaning and groaning about it… it beats watching shit shows on the other channels… just a suggestion… cheers. 😬🤪😜😵‍💫😇
If it wasn’t for you, I probably wouldn’t even bother to check the episode threads.

If it wasn’t for you, I probably wouldn’t even bother to check the episode threads.
…my offer still stands Zcsund…let’s just have fun at the now shit show’s expense eh?… afterall… it deserves it for totally dragging our once great show down to it’s lowest point ever… how dare they ever do this to us!… let them get our caustic barbs for that reason alone… ya wanna ’ave fun?… lol!… cheers. 👹😈🤭

If you really want to watch that 18 minute video at least see the full picture.

I bet some poor sod spent months working to get phones to flip the video so you could watch widescreen content simply by turning your phone around - and now you have all these social media managers laughing in their face with their cropped square-o-vision videos.
Watched this now so you don't have to. They missed out Gretel and Saxon!

Really telling all clips from the 10/9 era, and also interesting they've focused on one of the many elements the show no longer has - the eviction interview.

Oh wow this is a new level of shit. I thought Ryan, Skye and Travis could never be beaten as the worst final 3 ever but they will comfortably be beaten here.

I'm also over Big Brother's voice, he's such a lameo. Bring back Nick colquhoun, now that was a voice.

Last edited:
Well Seven said they'd keep an eye on how the BBUK revival did before considering a return to a live format...

... well guess what. BBUK is working - smashing it in fact. Had it's first live eviction tonight - a big classic head to head like the old days with two HMs viewers actually are invested in (we hate them both!) and two HMs we feel like we know after just 5 days - and then the buzz of that moment the evictee is revealed and exits the house to face the crowd. It really did take me back to the show at it's height in the noughties after the mess C5 made of it in the 10s.

So BBUK is proof that not only can the live format still work, but it can work after someone else fucked it up too. It'll never work now on Seven though - it needs to go back to Ten and them make a big deal about doing it right.

…I’ve got some new eye logo’s for you Big Brother… because your show seems like it’s going to be so pitiful… I’ve included a tear… it’s to represent the sadness I feel of what you have done to our once fabulous show… no no no!… don’t thank me… you’re welcome… cheers.

IMG_6260.jpeg
IMG_6191.jpegIMG_6144.jpegIMG_6235.jpeg

I don't think they are. It's more likely to be footage that back then was originally preserved on VHS tapes and then was later converted to digital (thus reducing the quality). Quite a lot of the footage used is missing the network watermarks on the footage, so its definitely originated from somewhere else rather than the recordings of the actual broadcasts on YT.
They're definitely absolutely taken from YouTube.

So then how are the channel watermarks in some cases completely missing then? They haven't been blurred out - they're just outright not there.

What year? Ten was the last of the three commercial networks to have a watermark, so seasons 1/2 didn't have one. Not sure when they started using one but it was maybe mid to late 2003. So you might see it on S3 and definitely by S4.

Either way, we know the source is tapes transferred to digital a few years back. There is/was a massive project a few years ago that was all about digitising Australian shows that had originally been preserved via tape because they were slowly degrading and would have otherwise been lost forever eventually. Someone that was part of the projected tweeted (I think) something at one of the BB01 housemates that they had decided to sit there and watch their eviction show after transferring it while they were processing other BB episodes. The project was mentioned in a thread on here somewhere awhile ago.

The quality is going to be bad as a result of the tape source. Its not from YouTube.

Last edited:
Either way, we know the source is tapes transferred to digital a few years back. There is/was a massive project a few years ago that was all about digitising Australian shows that had originally been preserved via tape because they were slowly degrading and would have otherwise been lost forever eventually.

You can have a look here at Season 1 (just for example). Some eps are available as MP4 and/or MOV, others are only on VHS. No idea how much they charge for access though. Seven would be too cheap to pay for anything.

The quality is going to be bad as a result of the tape source. Its not from YouTube.
This proves you know nothing about master tapes and digital transfers. If you did, you'd also know the quality - both visual and audio - would not look like it does in that promo. It's almost laughable the degrading pieces of archival relics you believe the footage to be...

You're correct the series was preserved a few years ago. But these are not those. Also, all seasons of Big Brother regardless of when they aired were originally broadcast and preserved in widescreen. One more telltale sign.

There are countless other hints that the footage Seven has used is taken from the fan caps, including the analogue scanlines and varying distortion that match the low res rips. They've also been cropped.

And if you'd like more proof, please look no further than original episodes from the Nine era whenever they included any "flashbacks" and clips from older seasons... you'll be surprised to know those were direct from the masters.

Seven does not have access to them - or, at the very least, their editing teams do not.

Last edited:
The fact they didn't even bother to change the background wall of the diary room. They just took out the 2022 chair and replaced it with a rickety looking eye-shaped piece of plastic which is also strung up with very visible string (which is not even centred) from the roof and a cushion to sit on and said yeah that's good enough... That's a new low, it's not even a chair!

Back