Skip to main content

Who do you want to win? (Final 3 poll added)

Who do you want to win (final 3)

• El

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Kristie

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Lee

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poll has no option for Kate.

Is invalid.

...hahaha!... there there Consuela... you could always jump onto the Sue bandwagon with the rest of us to console your sadness... after all... they were friends on the same tribe after all... come join the Sue crowd!... we'll welcome you with open arms!... cheers.

I wonder can my sweep Brooke win?
She is friggin awesome in challenges
In a good alliance
Seems savvy

But she makes mistakes, and says some dumb stuff.

How much are we not seeing, and what the editors are up to - eg we haven't seen the supposed close relationship with Sam

She definitely can win. She is pretty savvy and seems like she would be pretty adept at keeping calm in front of the journey and arguing her case.

A dark horse I think has a real shot is Jennah-Louise. I think she has being laying low while she can but can shake things up. I feel like her invisible edit is to distance her from the blowback that Brooke and Flick are seeing.

If I had to pick the three I feel are most likely to make the final, it would be JL, Brooke, and Lee.

Brooke apart from her alliance is impressive, she is fabulous in challenges, the stamina challenges she has proven to be as outstanding as some USA legends of this game.
She is doing a whole lot more than just sit around bitching, or being a bitch - as some viewers seem to catagorize as her sole occupation.
I think she has read Boston Rob's winner tips, and is doing smart stuff...2 points I have noticed she follows

Brooke apart from her alliance is impressive, she is fabulous in challenges, the stamina challenges she has proven to be as outstanding as some USA legends of this game.
She is doing a whole lot more than just sit around bitching, or being a bitch - as some viewers seem to catagorize as her sole occupation.
I think she has read Boston Rob's winner tips, and is doing smart stuff...2 points I have noticed she follows

Yeah, I suspect there is a lot more to Brooke than the whole "mean girl" thing. I don't think she's played all of her cards yet.

Yeah, I suspect there is a lot more to Brooke than the whole "mean girl" thing. I don't think she's played all of her cards yet.

...haha!... I hope that she doesn't forget to play her cards unlike Ed did from Big Brother... he's still there shuffling them... he lost to Tim because of it... what a complete twonk he was... keep shuffling those cards Ed... keep shuffling those cards... cheers.

Looking at that list above, I really can only approve a Sue or Kristie win. I can't get behind any of the others AT ALL.

Anyone who has watched Survivor knows that Jennah-Louise won't/can't win. She has had an invisible edit. They NEVER win.

Anyone else could still possibly win, although Matt's edit has been pretty flat, same with Kylie's one-note edit, and Flick/Brooke have both been edited completely hateable.

Haha, after 32 seasons of US Survivor I do love trying to pick the "winning edit". Right now possibles are Lee, Kristie, Sue, El and Sam for the win. My (biased) opinion only, of course.

Last edited:
On mental toughness (and ruthlessness), I wouldn't rate Matt, Lee, Kristy as having enough in the tank. Kirsty's gone wobbly once already, despite some good gameplay and likeable traits. On smarts, not Sam or Kylie. On social, not Sue, possibly.

So, the existing triad plus Ms. Invisible. Brooke might have a good shot. Haven't seen her (or Flick) under much pressure, although Fluck surprisingly struck me once, as rolling over too easily. Brooke might prove a tough, smart little nut yet. Her biggest challenge may be adaptability, and not rubbing people the wrong way with her 90 % safe attitude. (Good thing it's not about viewer votes lol).

Considering the jury, Brooke, El, JL arguably 'appear' to have had fewer conflicts (really not sure about Flick) because they haven't been at the coalface much, until now. An underdog in the finals might get the majority jury vote, if they can make it.

On that note, El! The cleanest slate, smartest of those left? and she could get jury votes from both sides lol

But the thing is, El hasn't had much of an edit, so back to Brooke! LOL

Well just on your first sentence, Kristy is the only one who's had to be worried about going home, the other two have had it easy, neither Brooke or Flick will even make the final.

Do you guys think that with so many episodes left they can develop JL and El? They seem to focus on the people of the moment instead of long term?

Do you guys think that with so many episodes left they can develop JL and El? They seem to focus on the people of the moment instead of long term?
I thought of MasterChef as a comparison.

Obviously a different format and much easier for viewers to follow character machinations, but also a competition of skill with 'internal' judges voting for the winner (unlike BB), and locally made.

This year's winner Elena (lovely, but bland) had a somewhat invisible edit up to the last part/final 5 or so, in my view. Even the runner up Matt, a strong viewer favorite, didn't get that much of run until the final stages of the show, which makes sense. They have to stretch the viewing out and not to give the winner away while maximizing drama and viewer involvement, and (ideally) win the ratings game - requiring big, colourful, articulate heros and villains, with not-too-complicated story lines.

(MasterChef did 800K/900K/1m per episode IIRC; and 2m+ for finale. Survivor appeals to a more niche audience, probably less family orientated comparatively I'd guess - obviously what TEN have been working against with promos in trying to recruit new viewers and build loyalty. Sorry, a bit for the ratings thread there.)

So yeah, more of a challenge to develop a card-board-cut-out into a character at this stage I'd think, but it doesn't necessarily mean one (EL) can't/won't win.

Last edited by a moderator:

I dont really get this "mean girl" tag except that its an easy catchphrase to hang on a group of women controlling the game which quite frankly is rare on reality tv and it seems though from the reaction on here and elsewhere that the general public does not like to see it happen. What are these girls doing any differently than any other power group would do? I havent seen any of them being blatantly rude to any of the outsiders but they have been following what is STANDARD Survivor practice in trying to control their group and limit contact with those who are next on the chopping block in attempts to prevent any unexpected coup d'etats..Boston Rob was a master of this. When men do this it seems to be acceptable and good gameplay...when women do it they are mean?

Brooke (my personal fave) may be a bit smug right now but...who wouldnt be when they really havent had to face any serious challenges to their authority since the game begun several weeks ago. As for how she is regarded lets not forget she was the one chosen to observe the Vauvau tribal and make the decision for the group as to who they would take so she definitely has the respect of her peer group. She is amazingly flexible and from what I can see outside the game has a dynamic and appealing personality that probably matches well with her stunning looks and physical abilities because she definitely has not cost her team or herself in any of the challenges she has appeared in.

All that being said as a Canadian I love this version of Survivor. Its not perfect, no, and while the gameplay is at times spotty and the host needs a bit more experience (I still blame him for the tragic loss of Phoebe) the production values are excellent, 3 hours a week for a Survivor fan is pure ecstasy, the people playing are ..to me anyways...all pretty likeable and although I prefer Brooke and Kristie Im good with anyone winning it and after watching BBUS and BBUK this year its sort of nice and fresh to be able to not hate all the contestants left as the game winds down to its final stages.

Australians should be proud of their tougher, longer version of this game. I am not certain how it is doing locally but internationally its been drawing rave reviews.

Back