Skip to main content

Who do you want to win? (Final 3 poll added)

Who do you want to win (final 3)

• El

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Kristie

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Lee

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's pretty easy to pour on the "cool group" because of what the producers have shown. Brooke, Flick, et al are in a position of power at the moment, and they are using that power to control the game at the moment. It's hard to diss them for that - they've done well in challenges and have made some wise moves thus far. Yeah, the smug "we've won Survivor" stuff is off-putting, but others who have been voted out have said the same - who knows what any of us would say if we were in those conditions.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see them eliminated, but I think calling them "mean girls", "bimboids" and whatnot is probably taking it a bit far.

...I call them that because of their Schoolgirl 'mean girls' behaviour... they get really nasty towards anybody that don't do what they tell them to do... I just can't abide that type of behaviour... can you imagine the lowest girl in the group (Matt) if he doesn't do as they say and what they would do to him if he dared to stand up to them?... as far as I'm concerned at least they have deserved that title many times over... call me a nasty person if you like... but that's what I think anyway... (I hate it when people on Reality shows bring out my not-so-nice side... I really do)... lol!... cheers.

...I call them that because of their Schoolgirl 'mean girls' behaviour... they get really nasty towards anybody that don't do what they tell them to do... I just can't abide that type of behaviour... can you imagine the lowest girl in the group (Matt) if he doesn't do as they say and what they would do to him if he dared to stand up to them?... as far as I'm concerned at least they have deserved that title many times over... call me a nasty person if you like... but that's what I think anyway... (I hate it when people on Reality shows bring out my not-so-nice side... I really do)... lol!... cheers.

I wouldn't say you or anyone is a nasty person - it's tamer than the sort of language that could be used! Moreover, it's part of the intended reaction of the producers, I feel, and it's entertainment in the end. Still, I feel for anyone who goes on these sorts of shows, as it seems that the whim of the producers could make them show all of the worst moments of someone and little of the good. For instance, I recall El pulling aside Kristie early on to comfort her after she had felt she was being targetted by having her personal belongings moved, etc., and I imagine that are a lot more moments of this sort of human decency that may not be shown for some in order to drum up the villain angle.

I wouldn't say you or anyone is a nasty person - it's tamer than the sort of language that could be used! Moreover, it's part of the intended reaction of the producers, I feel, and it's entertainment in the end. Still, I feel for anyone who goes on these sorts of shows, as it seems that the whim of the producers could make them show all of the worst moments of someone and little of the good. For instance, I recall El pulling aside Kristie early on to comfort her after she had felt she was being targetted by having her personal belongings moved, etc., and I imagine that are a lot more moments of this sort of human decency that may not be shown for some in order to drum up the villain angle.

...hey MoonbeamLevels... I've only just noticed that you have only just joined the website today!... welcome aboard!... it's always great when new people join in... new opinions... new ideas... new ways of seeing things that others don't... again... hello and welcome aboard!...

...righteo... back to what you were saying... I so agree with what you say about the producers playing God with their edits and their lives... they can be so cruel with the way that they choose to portray someone in order to elicit a good show... this is my first season as a 'Survivor' viewer so I am learning as I'm going along lol!... the trouble is... I'm not used to the players being so brutal and nasty and backstabbing in this show but apparently it's all part of the show...

...Big Brother is so tame compared to this so it takes a bit of getting used to lol!... and when you say "it's part of the intended reaction of the producers"... again you are so right... whatever they are doing is working so well on me lol!... I think that when/if they screen another season of this and I know what to expect next time then I won't be so sucked into the producers hype lol!... but what the hell... I'm enjoying the ride as a newbie while I can in the meantime lol!... again my friend... welcome to the website... cheers.

How is El treating Kristie now? Did you miss the episode where they weren't even wanting to talk to Kate? When they made bracelets for a select group and excluded the others?

They are behaving badly like mean girls together. It's a stupid way to play survivor when people have to actually vote for you to win.
Brooke and Fluck haven't done anything kind or supportive that I've seen. They are mean girls. No evidence otherwise.

Of course we are talking about them as characters on a tv show- that's the only way we've seen them. It's not like I think they are serial killers in real life.

...hey MoonbeamLevels... I've only just noticed that you have only just joined the website today!... welcome aboard!... it's always great when new people join in... new opinions... new ideas... new ways of seeing things that others don't... again... hello and welcome aboard!...

...righteo... back to what you were saying... I so agree with what you say about the producers playing God with their edits and their lives... they can be so cruel with the way that they choose to portray someone in order to elicit a good show... this is my first season as a 'Survivor' viewer so I am learning as I'm going along lol!... the trouble is... I'm not used to the players being so brutal and nasty and backstabbing in this show but apparently it's all part of the show...

...Big Brother is so tame compared to this so it takes a bit of getting used to lol!... and when you say "it's part of the intended reaction of the producers"... again you are so right... whatever they are doing is working so well on me lol!... I think that when/if they screen another season of this and I know what to expect next time then I won't be so sucked into the producers hype lol!... but what the hell... I'm enjoying the ride as a newbie while I can in the meantime lol!... again my friend... welcome to the website... cheers.

Thanks for the welcome! It took me so long to even watch any season of Survivor because I didn't want to support something that rewarded people for dodgy behavior. It is easy to get caught up in the emotions as a viewer - I do too!

How is El treating Kristie now? Did you miss the episode where they weren't even wanting to talk to Kate? When they made bracelets for a select group and excluded the others?

They are behaving badly like mean girls together. It's a stupid way to play survivor when people have to actually vote for you to win.
Brooke and Fluck haven't done anything kind or supportive that I've seen. They are mean girls. No evidence otherwise.

Of course we are talking about them as characters on a tv show- that's the only way we've seen them. It's not like I think they are serial killers in real life.

As far as El goes, I don't know how she has treated Kristie since the merge - we only get glimpses of what goes on. But that was a nice moment that stuck with me. I thought she had a couple of nice moments tonight as well with Nick and Flick.

Yes, she voted for Nick in the end, which could suggest her attempt to console him was insincere, but I believe that she genuinely didn't want him feeling bad. El strikes me as someone who can separate her emotions from the gameplay, so it doesn't seem impossible that she could have a heart yet be cutthroat as a competitor.

I actually think she is one of the craftiest players there, despite people suggesting she has ridden the coat tails of others. She is the one Evan confided in about the Aganoa idol, and she used that information to deepen her relationship with Phoebe and assume a powerful position. Then she was chosen in the semi merge as one of two Aganoa members. At the time, didn't they even mention her and JL as people who they could easily cut if needed? In any case, she certainly didn't seem to be higher up the food chain than Lee initially. Nonetheless, she quickly worked her way into an apparently unbreakable bond with Brooke and Flick.

That tangent aside, I agree that for the most part, El, Flick, and Brooke have been portrayed as queen bees who have had to do nothing to maintain their relative safety and who have had "Mean Girl" moments. I'm just not fully convinced that this is all there is to their stories.

Thanks for the welcome! It took me so long to even watch any season of Survivor because I didn't want to support something that rewarded people for dodgy behavior. It is easy to get caught up in the emotions as a viewer - I do too!

As far as El goes, I don't know how she has treated Kristie since the merge - we only get glimpses of what goes on. But that was a nice moment that stuck with me. I thought she had a couple of nice moments tonight as well with Nick and Flick.

Yes, she voted for Nick in the end, which could suggest her attempt to console him was insincere, but I believe that she genuinely didn't want him feeling bad. El strikes me as someone who can separate her emotions from the gameplay, so it doesn't seem impossible that she could have a heart yet be cutthroat as a competitor.

I actually think she is one of the craftiest players there, despite people suggesting she has ridden the coat tails of others. She is the one Evan confided in about the Aganoa idol, and she used that information to deepen her relationship with Phoebe and assume a powerful position. Then she was chosen in the semi merge as one of two Aganoa members. At the time, didn't they even mention her and JL as people who they could easily cut if needed? In any case, she certainly didn't seem to be higher up the food chain than Lee initially. Nonetheless, she quickly worked her way into an apparently unbreakable bond with Brooke and Flick.

That tangent aside, I agree that for the most part, El, Flick, and Brooke have been portrayed as queen bees who have had to do nothing to maintain their relative safety and who have had "Mean Girl" moments. I'm just not fully convinced that this is all there is to their stories.
Which would mean all the soundbites are fake? LOL Right.

Now we're down to ten I think I can add a poll - if I can remeber all of their names.

EDIT: OK, poll added with the help of the leaderboard posted on page 2 - seriously have no idea who a couple of them are really. You can vote for two so no excuse not to be loyal to your sweepstake pick!

Last edited:
Now we're down to ten I think I can add a poll - if I can remeber all of their names.

EDIT: OK, poll added with the help of the leaderboard posted on page 2 - seriously have no idea who a couple of them are really. You can vote for two so no excuse not to be loyal to your sweepstake pick!

...I'm not surprised that you can't remember some of them Brekkie... great idea for the Poll... go Sue!... cheers.

I wonder can my sweep Brooke win?
She is friggin awesome in challenges
In a good alliance
Seems savvy

But she makes mistakes, and says some dumb stuff.

How much are we not seeing, and what the editors are up to - eg we haven't seen the supposed close relationship with Sam

You forgot to add Chester the chicken! At this stage he is my pick :D

yes will Chester make it to the end, or will 'he' be dinner if Matt gets evicted....

...someone should eat Chester before Matt goes... just to see his reaction... if he has any reactions... he's like a fern to me... he just sits in the background... doesn't say anything... doesn't do anything and just sways in the wind in a shady area and just blends into the background... I would kill/stuff/cook and eat it while he was watching just to see if he at least says something!... (I lied about the killing of the chook... I'm a big wuss... I couldn't kill any living thing lol!... I just wanted to sound 'tough' ;):biggrin:)... if you sense that I don't like boring as batshit Matt you're right... what a useless nuff nuff!... yep!... Chester needs to be eaten!... lol!... cheers.

I wonder can my sweep Brooke win?
She is friggin awesome in challenges
In a good alliance
Seems savvy

But she makes mistakes, and says some dumb stuff.

How much are we not seeing, and what the editors are up to - eg we haven't seen the supposed close relationship with Sam
We saw a glimmer when Matt blew up at Brooke for what he saw as her reactions to Sam joining the tribe.

Back