Skip to main content

Who do you want to win? (Final 3 poll added)

Who do you want to win (final 3)

• El

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Kristie

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Lee

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
would be so cool to have an international- survivor with the
winning survivors from different countries.

The best you could probably hope for is a USA v Rest of the World in the CBS version, but they'd have to admit the rest of the world existed first.
I really think it has to do with laws but I'm sure there is some truth toward what you are saying. I haven't heard much interest in an international version here. Maybe it will pick up after Australian Survivor, but I doubt CBS has any interest in having it, even if they could work out the legal aspects. I just don't think the audience would be there.

Yet they did their own races competing, with those of origins of hispanic, asian, african american, whities season and it was awesome.
Yul and Ozzie came from that and the popular old asian guy.

I think they may be considering Canada and Aussies doing a version with them, Americans don't hate either nation, they kind of have a patronising acceptance that we are all almost american.

Oh and at this point I think I want matt to win if not my sweep awesome Brooke.
Matt is the only one being sun safe, I like his paleness

When I was watching the 'cling to the log' challenge I was thinking how I would burn to a crisp if I was on Survivor. Buffs don't give your nose any shade, for example (unless you wear it on your face like a gansta)... I'd need Kat's hat :D - and that'd be bugger all help clinging upside down to a log.

Yet they did their own races competing, with those of origins of hispanic, asian, african american, whities season and it was awesome.
Yul and Ozzie came from that and the popular old asian guy.

I think they may be considering Canada and Aussies doing a version with them, Americans don't hate either nation, they kind of have a patronising acceptance that we are all almost american.

Oh and at this point I think I want matt to win if not my sweep awesome Brooke.
Sorry for off topic here:

Omg. That season was a nightmare that turned out well. When it was announced in the US, there was tremendous controversy and several major sponsors publicly left the show. There was wide spread condemnation of classifying people by race.

There are stories of production influencing the season because CBS was freaking out during filming because it looked like the white tribe was going to destroy the minority tribes. But everything production tried backfired a bit. They even reportedly considered just giving all the players a substantial bit of money and pulling the show before it finished. They thought it would be cheaper to pay everyone off than completely lose all their advertisers and destroy the show completely.

But Ozzie was fantastic that season and the winner is probably one of the most impressive people to ever play the game. This person works now at some high level position at Facebook.

That season almost destroyed the show but in a weird way it ended up reinvigorating it.

There is a whole podcast about the behind the scenes scramble on the survivor historians podcast with lots of insider info.

NZ also has its own season... not sure when it starts though. Add them to the mix.
You guys did see the rules requiring American citizenship?
I wonder if Australia could do an international version? Would that be popular?

Yeah I know it was controversial, the concept, but it ended up being the most fabulous season.

And, isn't it so, that the USA only version has a different licensing/copy right/whatever agreement, from any of the other country versions.
And that is why you find 9 has the USA version and they are free to flog the others, eg Aussie, anywhere and anyhow they like.

So, any international or other weird version, would be possible totally separate from 9/USA version.

They could be getting that shit together with us/and others - and Americans could get left out or have a team.????

You guys did see the rules requiring American citizenship?
I wonder if Australia could do an international version? Would that be popular?
Yes, but this is a hypothetical discussion. :)

Aus could do an AU v NZ v US season perhaps - but I think they should do a few AU only seasons first before going all gimmicky like that.

And judging by the way the AU survivors are going, it'd be a shoo in for an American to win.

Survivor Olympics - and if Americans were playing the dynamics would be so different, everyone wants to beat USA, others would vote USA off en masse if possible, and the Aussie would kill NZers in their sleep ") poms too if they came to the party.

Hard pressed to choose a winner now:
Not Nick
Not Kylie for being a tattle tale even though she knows she is at the bottom
Not Lee for not working in his own best interest, can't win
Not Sam- voting against Conner and then claiming to want to be with the good guys after he realized his position as explained by Kate
Not Brooke, Phoebe or El- though one might make final 2 or 3 - they are looking smug and every smug person fails.

Probably not JL as she is invisible but maybe they are protecting her from the mean girls edit?

That leaves Sue, Matt, Kristie

After tonight, none of them.

Sue is just about the only one who has never deviated from her alliance, and does exactly what she says she will. I'd love her to somehow survive a bit longer, but I can't think of any way she could win.

I'm so disappointed in Kylie. She continually makes bad decisions, and tonight she sided with the majority alliance not through some moral stance but because she is scared of them turning on her. Having said that, I'd still rather that she won than almost anyone else.

Possibly Sam, he redeemed himself a bit tonight.

Kristie, maybe.

Definitely not, under any circumstances, Flick, Brooke, El, Jennah-Louise, Nick, Matt, and now Lee.

After tonight, none of them.

Sue is just about the only one who has never deviated from her alliance, and does exactly what she says she will. I'd love her to somehow survive a bit longer, but I can't think of any way she could win.

I'm so disappointed in Kylie. She continually makes bad decisions, and tonight she sided with the majority alliance not through some moral stance but because she is scared of them turning on her. Having said that, I'd still rather that she won than almost anyone else.

Possibly Sam, he redeemed himself a bit tonight.

Kristie, maybe.

Definitely not, under any circumstances, Flick, Brooke, El, Jennah-Louise, Nick, Matt, and now Lee.

...oh my god Meglos... I feel as though I've written this... I agree with everything that you've said but the "I'd still rather that she (Kylie) won than almost anyone else"... statement... but maybe Kristie or Sam to win for me... of course I'd like it to be Sue but that's never going to happen is it?... lol!... or better still... Nick just to piss everyone else off would be the funniest winner eh?... lol!... cheers.

...oh my god Meglos... I feel as though I've written this... I agree with everything that you've said but the "I'd still rather that she (Kylie) won than almost anyone else"... statement... but maybe Kristie or Sam to win for me... of course I'd like it to be Sue but that's never going to happen is it?... lol!... or better still... Nick just to piss everyone else off would be the funniest winner eh?... lol!... cheers.

Yeah Mr sticky, Kylie doesn't deserve to win, every single decision she's made has been wacko. I think she's probably a nice person, but maybe not very bright socially.

...I was stoked to see the latest figures in the Australian Survivor Leaderboard that is voted on by the public and fans watching it... I laughed my head off that the 'cool group'... the 'cool clique'... the 'bimboids' are the 5 lowest rating castaways on the show lol!... I say 5 because I count Matt in with Brooke/El/Flick and Jennah-Louise because they are all as thick as thieves in that group... it's just a shame that we don't get a chance to vote methinks!... lol!... it couldn't happen to a nicer crowd of people as far as I'm concerned... I just love it that Sue is running third at the moment lol!... cheers.

leaderboard.jpg

...I was stoked to see the latest figures in the Australian Survivor Leaderboard that is voted on by the public and fans watching it... I laughed my head off that the 'cool group'... the 'cool clique'... the 'bimboids' are the 5 lowest rating castaways on the show lol!... I say 5 because I count Matt in with Brooke/El/Flick and Jennah-Louise because they are all as thick as thieves in that group... it's just a shame that we don't get a chance to vote methinks!... lol!... it couldn't happen to a nicer crowd of people as far as I'm concerned... I just love it that Sue is running third at the moment lol!... cheers.

View attachment 52016

Very satisfying result!
I agree, Matt is just as bad as the other mean girls. Maybe worse, because he doesn't seem to ever speak for himself. I think he just thinks he's on holiday, hanging with the hot chicks. He has no idea that Brooke has already talked about cutting him loose, he's too sure of himself to even suspect that.

I think it's pretty easy to pour on the "cool group" because of what the producers have shown. Brooke, Flick, et al are in a position of power at the moment, and they are using that power to control the game at the moment. It's hard to diss them for that - they've done well in challenges and have made some wise moves thus far. Yeah, the smug "we've won Survivor" stuff is off-putting, but others who have been voted out have said the same - who knows what any of us would say if we were in those conditions.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see them eliminated, but I think calling them "mean girls", "bimboids" and whatnot is probably taking it a bit far.

Back