Skip to main content

What's for dinner?

OK so tonight I had crumbed chicken breast w/ satay sauce on top. With peas and carrots and 1/3 cup of brown rice on the side. Pretty simple stuff. I'm trying to get more adventuress in what I cook for dinner but some of the recipes I have seen just look way to complicated and have way to many ingredients.

Haha shiiiiit that would be weird. I'm thinking its probably not that. Maybe it's just because ice cream is delicious.

It really is delicious... You may just have great taste buds and a very good appreciation of ice cream ;)

Miso soup with spinach and mushroom and watermelon, rockmelon, grapes and natural yogurt for dessert

Had Rump steak and salad but I don't know what happened but the steak tasted so bad maybe it was a bad steak because I cooked it like I always cook steak. I only could eat half of it. So now I am eating a bowl a muesli.

I had rump steak too, oven baked. I made it with green beans and carrots, with sweet potato mash. I just used the juices left from the steaks as the sauce.

I had rump steak too, oven baked. I made it with green beans and carrots, with sweet potato mash. I just used the juices left from the steaks as the sauce.

Sounds really yummy. I wish you had come to my house and cooked my steak that way. I just cooked mine in the fry pan.

Sounds really yummy. I wish you had come to my house and cooked my steak that way. I just cooked mine in the fry pan.

If it makes you feel better, I was a very bad cook for like years, it's only been since last year that I've learnt to create something decent.

Yum!!! My stomach is screaming for this!

Oh let me tell you, it was amazing. I also washed it down with a bottle of wine. I really should go on a detox or something. But cheese and ice cream are pretty much my favourite foods. I will be screwed the day my metabolism slows down.

If it makes you feel better, I was a very bad cook for like years, it's only been since last year that I've learnt to create something decent.

Thanks yeah that does make me feel better. I've been trying to cook more complicated things lately and my family has put me in charge of making all the snacks for Christmas this year. Lets hope I don't stuff it up. So far I've found a few recipes I want to try like coconut prawns w/ chilli lime mayo.

Oh let me tell you, it was amazing. I also washed it down with a bottle of wine. I really should go on a detox or something. But cheese and ice cream are pretty much my favourite foods. I will be screwed the day my metabolism slows down.

Just stop! It's 10am and I have ice cream and cake and cheese and wine on the mind lol. I will have a berry smoothie now and hope it does the trick

Thanks yeah that does make me feel better. I've been trying to cook more complicated things lately and my family has put me in charge of making all the snacks for Christmas this year. Lets hope I don't stuff it up. So far I've found a few recipes I want to try like coconut prawns w/ chilli lime mayo.

Yum. That's one of my faves from a cafe I love. I normally skip the mains just for this so good luck.

Just stop! It's 10am and I have ice cream and cake and cheese and wine on the mind lol. I will have a berry smoothie now and hope it does the trick

Haha, I had a twix ice cream for breakfast, I am slightly addicted. I think I need to go cold turkey and quit. Well as soon as my current supply runs out that is.

Haha, I had a twix ice cream for breakfast, I am slightly addicted. I think I need to go cold turkey and quit. Well as soon as my current supply runs out that is.

Unbelievable! How is it that I have pre diabetes and you are the satan to ice cream?!

The day you quit is the day people around you will be so lost and unfocused they will surely question their own existence ;)

Unbelievable! How is it that I have pre diabetes and you are the satan to ice cream?!

The day you quit is the day people around you will be so lost and unfocused they will surely question their own existence ;)

Haha oh no, now I feel bad! As an aside, I am surely a candidate for diabetes and/or heart disease. I really must amend my ways. I had hot chips for lunch (I know, I know), so I am going to force some vegetables down my throat for dinner.

Haha oh no, now I feel bad! As an aside, I am surely a candidate for diabetes and/or heart disease. I really must amend my ways. I had hot chips for lunch (I know, I know), so I am going to force some vegetables down my throat for dinner.

I will wait for the ice cream was your dinner post and I will bring up this post as a point that you didn't follow through :p

Don't feel bad, I still enjoy my sweets. Not as much as you, but I certainly still have some here and there. I'm betting you are the lucky ones that can eat this stuff and still enjoy a very long fulfilled life of ice cream and hot chips.

Fish & chips last night.
Caramel slice for breakfast.

Crap I better do something healthy..........

Regarding the latest science on health, what we eat and health - and exercise :

You must see these, they could change your life - and for a lot less pain than other theories

Eat, Fast, Live Longer

Michael Mosley has set himself a truly ambitious goal: he wants to live longer, stay younger and lose weight. And he wants to make as few changes to his life as possible along the way. Could the ancient idea of fasting hold the secrets to a longer, healthier life?
(Eat like a pig, then don't - either alternate days, or 5 days good 2 days bad, whatever combo works for you, will work better than any other 'diet'. Eating this way - lowers high blood pressure, cholesterol, lessens diabetes issues)

The Truth About Exercise

Scientists are uncovering the new and surprising truths about what exercise is really doing to our bodies, and why we all respond to it differently. In this programme, Michael Mosley uses himself as a human guinea pig to discover the truth about exercise.
(basics - you can do intense 3-7 minute workouts that are as effective as spending all day at the gym)

If you never bother much with health stuff - watch these 2 shows, search them out. Honestly amazing. And I realised I kind of eat like that. And anyone watching me swim would say - that is an intense mess, my friend is helping me though as I learnt to swim from TV & I'm shit but love water.

Last edited:
I will wait for the ice cream was your dinner post and I will bring up this post as a point that you didn't follow through :p

Don't feel bad, I still enjoy my sweets. Not as much as you, but I certainly still have some here and there. I'm betting you are the lucky ones that can eat this stuff and still enjoy a very long fulfilled life of ice cream and hot chips.

Well I would like to say that I had some steamed green vegetables & some salmon for dinner. This is bad, but I don't think I've eaten plain vegetables in several months. I did however back it up with a tub of Ben & Jerry's ice cream so I don't know if it counts.

I was telling mum about my ice cream obsession and she said that if I insist on eating dessert for breakfast (which I do) then I have to venture outside of ice cream. She has given me some "healthy" dessert recipes and tomorrow for breakfast I am having some balsamic strawberries, which I think sounds pretty gross. She says I have to have ricotta with it rather than cream, but I don't think I can do that. Surely having fruit for breakfast (or at all) is good enough...

What a way to kill a healthy dinner! You really are terrible lol. Well I guess atleast you did have something nutritious, it's a start (I hope).

Btw that breakfast idea sounds gross. I agree, fruit will do the job just fine... You could always have it with sweet yoghurt and honey? Top it off with muesli?

For dinner I had maccas, fillet of fish and cheese burger- you did better than me, oh and I had a fruit and nut cocolate bar :)
Im in one of those moods

Back