Onion
Finely grated carrot
1/4 cup of bread crumbs
1/4 bbq sauce
3 small garlic gloves crushed
1 egg yoke
1/4 teaspoon of dried herbs
1/4 teaspoon of chilli powder

On the multigrain bun I put cucumber, grilled onion, tomato, grated carrot and cheese.

This was the first time I had put the chilli and herbs into the beef mix and it was a good decision. Definitely be trying this again

Lentil and silverbeet soup. Hopefully this will help the sick boys

One of my boys is sick as well. I got about 2 hours sleep last night because he couldn't stop coughing, all this after a 12 hour day and did I did another 12 hour day again today. The good news is if I can't get any sleep tonight I am going to have to take tomorrow off, if I do get sleep it's another 12 hour day for me lol.

I'm not sure if I want to sleep tonight or not lol.

Dinner for tonight, probably Beroca and whatever I can throw down in 2 minutes.

One of my boys is sick as well. I got about 2 hours sleep last night because he couldn't stop coughing, all this after a 12 hour day and did I did another 12 hour day again today. The good news is if I can't get any sleep tonight I am going to have to take tomorrow off, if I do get sleep it's another 12 hour day for me lol.

I'm not sure if I want to sleep tonight or not lol.

Dinner for tonight, probably Beroca and whatever I can throw down in 2 minutes.

Lol. Hope things improve. My boys are doing better today. Thank goodness whatever they had went as quick as it came. You sounds d like you need a holiday after all this.

I was lazy tonight... BBQ chicken from woolies and fresh bread rolls from the bakery. All I had to do was cut up some tomatoes , cucumbers and lettuce. Yep,my imagination was on overdrive :p

I was lazy tonight... BBQ chicken from woolies and fresh bread rolls from the bakery. All I had to do was cut up some tomatoes , cucumbers and lettuce. Yep,my imagination was on overdrive :p

...hey Sweet_Geek... does your Coles have the Roast Beefs sitting with the chickens yet?... they're only $15 and they are already cooked and believe me... they are sooooo nice... the meat just melts in your mouth... it lasted for two meals for the sweet wife and myself... well worth the $15 trust me!... cheers.

So tonight I made homemade hamburgers.
Beef mince
Onion
Finely grated carrot
1/4 cup of bread crumbs
1/4 bbq sauce
3 small garlic gloves crushed
1 egg yoke
1/4 teaspoon of dried herbs
1/4 teaspoon of chilli powder

On the multigrain bun I put cucumber, grilled onion, tomato, grated carrot and cheese.

This was the first time I had put the chilli and herbs into the beef mix and it was a good decision. Definitely be trying this again

...there's nothing better than making your own hamburgers is there Inigo?... I like to have some beetroot with mine... I've never put cucumber on mine before though so I might give that a go next time... sounds good!... cheers.

...hey Sweet_Geek... does your Coles have the Roast Beefs sitting with the chickens yet?... they're only $15 and they are already cooked and believe me... they are sooooo nice... the meat just melts in your mouth... it lasted for two meals for the sweet wife and myself... well worth the $15 trust me!... cheers.

No I haven't seen this yet, but I hope they do this soon. I have my lazy nights and sometimes I want something that's quick and easy on the money and healthy. I love roast beef too. That would be my hubby's and my lunch the next day too.

...there's nothing better than making your own hamburgers is there Inigo?... I like to have some beetroot with mine... I've never put cucumber on mine before though so I might give that a go next time... sounds good!... cheers.

No there is not. I can't stand the store bought patties. Normally I will have some beetroot but I bought a different brand of the canned beetroot and do not like it at all, so sadly I had to skip the beetroot this time around. Let me know how the burgers works when you try them. Oh and I used 500 grams of the beef mince.

Next thing I want to try is make veggie burgers from scratch. Anyone got any good recipes?

Has anyone bought any of the Flavourstone Cookware that is constantly advertised on daytime tv? I am sorely tempted, but want to know if it lives up to the hype. Found plenty of negative reviews on the net, but you can find negative reviews on just about anything. Would love to hear what a 'real' person has to say.

...my wife and I have just invested in the 'Stonedine' cookware that is advertised on the 'Today' show on Channel 9... a friend of ours bought them first and swears by them... we paid $400 approx and are getting 9 pieces (pots and pans) plus are receiving a 'Soupmaker' and cutlery and some added 'utensils'... I'm a bit unclear what the utensils are as we're still waiting for the delivery which is due on Tuesday next week...

...I just hope that they're up to the hype of what our friends have told us lol!... we're buying it because you don't need to use any oil at all when you are cooking... here is a link to the website... (don't worry about the deal that they are offering you on there because it changes all the time and plus if you do decide to buy they throw other things in too anyway)... cheers.

http://www.stonedine.com.au/

Thanks Sticky. Might wait until you get yours and can give an opinion.

...hey qtkt... we got our 'Stonedine' cookware... I cooked some diced beef in the frypan to brown it prior to putting it into a Tagine to make some Moroccan Beef... I had onions / garlic and other stuff in it too and I must say... it was great!... it cooks the food quite fast actually... the weirdest thing though it was like cooking in an entirely different way because I had no oil in the pan... the meat sounded so different while browning... and the garlic didn't splatter all over the place as it does when I put oil into the pan... the beef and the onions etc supplied it's own cooking juices within minutes... a strange experience indeed...

...my opinion on the cookware?... excellent!... our friends were right... I'm glad that we bought them on their recommendation for sure... cooking without the oil is a strange feeling I must say... I've always cooked with oil... ... (I especially loved cooking with Garlic Oil... yum!)... it's a bit like saying goodbye to an old friend lol!... (you can cook with oil in it if you wish but the main reason that we bought it in the first place was to cut down our intake of too many oils and fats)... I guess that I'll get used to it though eh?... lol!... cheers.

I hope you do find the time to post the recipe :) We are in a bit of a "What to cook for dinner:confused:"rut at the mo & Martha Stewart I aint!

I shall provide you with the deets of my most recent failure - So I was drooling over this brownie cake with hazelnut praline
2077-300px-one.jpg

And I couldn't get the praline to turn brown?! I mean, I couldn't even burn it to give it colour! But fear not, I cut off a big slab of the brownie & covered it with whipped cream & choc sauce to make myself feel better. Still would have liked the praline too though....
THAT LOOKS DIVINE!!! Will definitely have to look up praline fixes now. Where is that recipe from?!

And here's the one I was referring to before. Soooooo sorry for the slow reply but I honestly wipe out notifications constantly. As soon as I click on one all the others disappear and unless I remember to glance at the others (and then remember which threads they were in somehow) they're gonzo. Please forgive me as I'm never intentionally ignoring you nor anyone else.

So here's my Baba's recipe. I trust you'll keep this between you and I haha

Baba's Pierogi

1 and 1/2 cup water
1 egg
1 and 1/2 tsp salt
1 lge onion, chopped
3 cup mashed potatoes, still warm or reheated in microwave
3 tbsp vegetable oil
4 and 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup butter
1 cup grated cheddar or tasty cheese, preferably older cheese but doesn't matter
2 clean tea towels

Dough: Combine water, egg, oil and blend well. Add flour and 1tsp of the salt. Knead well until smooth and soft, approx 8 mins by hand. Put dough into lightly oiled bowl, cover and rest for 20 minutes.

Filling: Combine slightly cooled potatoes and cheese in a different bowl. Saute onions in butter in a fry pan and add to potato/cheese mix. Add in remaining salt and pepper to taste and combine well.

Once the dough has rested, take small chunks of it, roll out thinly on a lightly floured surface, and cut into circle shapes (I usually use the rim of a glass). Fill with 1/2 to 1 tsp of potato mix and fold the circle into a half moon. Seal using your fingers and lay between the 2 clean tea towels. This prevents the pierogi dough from drying out before they're boiled.

To cook: Boil in salted water in batches until they float to the top of the pot. After they're boiled and cooled they're ready for freezing should you want/need to as they make maybe 60? To eat them like I do, once they're boiled or thawed I stick them in a pan with chopped onion and butter and fry until the pierogi are golden brown and crispy on the outside. Serve with sour cream on the side.

This is an old-school, really cheap and simple peasant recipe that all up takes me less than an hour. (Real time, not on bloody Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals bullshit clock!) I cook the potatoes before I start the dough and they're ready for when it comes time to fill. Some people prefer to eat them just after boiling or they add bacon to the fry process also. Really it's up to you!

Tips: If you put too much filling in that the dough becomes see-through in spots (which I do quite often as sometimes a tsp seems too small), chances are the pierogi will burst when boiling so just take a bit of filling out and reseal. And don't try to take a short cut by rolling out large amounts of the dough at once as it dries out quickly once it hits the air unexposed. Please let me know how you go and if you like them if you try the recipe! :)

...hey qtkt... we got our 'Stonedine' cookware... I cooked some diced beef in the frypan to brown it prior to putting it into a Tagine to make some Moroccan Beef... I had onions / garlic and other stuff in it too and I must say... it was great!... it cooks the food quite fast actually... the weirdest thing though it was like cooking in an entirely different way because I had no oil in the pan... the meat sounded so different while browning... and the garlic didn't splatter all over the place as it does when I put oil into the pan... the beef and the onions etc supplied it's own cooking juices within minutes... a strange experience indeed...

...my opinion on the cookware?... excellent!... our friends were right... I'm glad that we bought them on their recommendation for sure... cooking without the oil is a strange feeling I must say... I've always cooked with oil... ... (I especially loved cooking with Garlic Oil... yum!)... it's a bit like saying goodbye to an old friend lol!... (you can cook with oil in it if you wish but the main reason that we bought it in the first place was to cut down our intake of too many oils and fats)... I guess that I'll get used to it though eh?... lol!... cheers.

Oh I really want the stonedine, it looks amazing. And the flavor wave. And the ninja processor. I have so many appliances I want. I am such a sucker for infomercials.

Thanks for that Sticky. I think I might succumb to temptation and buy a set of my own. For some of the same reasons - cut down on the oil. But also, to have a truly non-stick pa. Thanks for remembering to report back.

THAT LOOKS DIVINE!!! Will definitely have to look up praline fixes now. Where is that recipe from?!

And here's the one I was referring to before. Soooooo sorry for the slow reply but I honestly wipe out notifications constantly. As soon as I click on one all the others disappear and unless I remember to glance at the others (and then remember which threads they were in somehow) they're gonzo. Please forgive me as I'm never intentionally ignoring you nor anyone else.

Thank you so much!! just printing this off now. Once every few weeks I try & make something new so I shall let you know how it goes:)

That cake was from an issue of super food ideas, looked so, so good. I was going to make it to impress friends that were coming over for dinner, but thought I should test it first (a cake that good can be eaten twice;)) Lucky I did cos nothing worked for me & now it's in the never, ever again recipe pile :p

Cooked chook is my go to lazy dinner, and if really slack you just get the salads to go too.

And I want that roast beef [MENTION=18967]stickyfingers[/MENTION], we need much more in the way of easy dinners for busy people. Haven't seen that at all.

Some of the Woolies are doing fried chicken pieces now that is an ok option.

And easy, quick and healthy meal we do - get a can of tuna, buy take-away tabouleh from charcoal chicken or Lebanese restaurant, has to be Italian flat leaf parsley, mix, eat, yummy.

Cooked chook is my go to lazy dinner, and if really slack you just get the salads to go too.

And I want that roast beef [MENTION=18967]stickyfingers[/MENTION], we need much more in the way of easy dinners for busy people. Haven't seen that at all.

Some of the Woolies are doing fried chicken pieces now that is an ok option.

And easy, quick and healthy meal we do - get a can of tuna, buy take-away tabouleh from charcoal chicken or Lebanese restaurant, has to be Italian flat leaf parsley, mix, eat, yummy.

I normally have a full fridge of lettuce as my dad grows his own and gives me quite a during the week. I'd feel bad buying other salads. Oh and I have a garden bed with a lot of parsley :) tabbouleh, is a popular salad in this house lol.

But thanks for the tips.

I wish we had the roast beef option too

I have a bad feeling I am going to have ice cream for dinner again. Ok, what does it mean when you are craving ice cream around the clock?

I have a bad feeling I am going to have ice cream for dinner again. Ok, what does it mean when you are craving ice cream around the clock?

I gotta let you know, during both my pregnancies I craved ice cream.

I'm yet to have dinner -_-

On my way home... Might not eat at all...

Tonight I made sweet chilli chicken wraps with a salad on the side. Quick and easy and delicious. Another lazy one

Back